Unsolved issues and low poly

jaxter

I am currently trying to play Rock Raiders from my original 1999 disk on my 64bit Windows 7 Alienware 17 gaming laptop, the game will run when it is launched after a normal install but I have problems in-game that I havent seen a way to solve...

* Low Poly Textures, I have tried to fix these with the Karsies Overhaul, but last I tried to fix things all the most recent download links were dead and only an old version of the overhaul was available, plus installing the mod after opening the wads then re-compiling them only made the game crash right before the main menu

* The Rock Raiders have no food! Besides their food indicator missing completely, they seem to be acting like they are starved completely even if the just spawned seconds earlier. This also makes it so I cant see what their health is to see who was sitting in that last landslide...as you can imagine this isn't the worst situation ever, but now I am unable to play any maps that have O2 constraints because these guys cant even cary the ore 2 feet to build the support station in time!

Now Im sure I can find some absurd way to play past this even without a fix but it is still a pain and I would really like if someone could help me out here.

Oh, and the AI seems even worse than it was 15 years ago, thats normal...

I don't think I can help you with the textures, but I can help with the sandwiches.

Open your CFG file and go to the Pilot { section. Look for these lines:

RestPercent            60.0
EnergyDecayRate            0.25

Change EnergyDecayRate to zero or even a negative number. Make it -25.0 if you want. Instead of getting hungry, they will get full over time. I'm not sure what RestPercent does, so play with it and see what happens.

Yes! Thank you that worked greatly, now I can play again... also, you never notis bad AI when you are 4yrs old... Has anyone found a way to fix the AI at all do you know?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.