Is it possible to play with AI's physics?

mathusummut

mathusummut

Out of curiosity, is it possible to play using the AI's car physics (which is slightly different)?

mathusummut

I think it has some physics because it can respond to being hit, shot or oil-slicked and can be slowed down then it speeds up slowly. AI cars usually seem to have more traction and better torque than player cars (like when you take the nitro power-up but the movement is at normal speed).

RobExplorien
3 hours ago, mathusummut said:

AI cars usually seem to have more traction and better torque than player cars (like when you take the nitro power-up but the movement is at normal speed).

That's because they follow a specified path, as mumboking said. Using turbo's just makes them travel along this path faster, even at the sharpest turns. Also, about the turbo and oil slicks (or any yellow type power-up), when the opponent gets hit it slows down the turbo until it runs out, even the flying boost for the remainder of its duration. I cannot find an explanation for this behaviour other than perhaps being an unintentional leftover from the developers.

The closest you may get at this moment to mimic the AI is by adapting your racing style as a whole to their behaviour and use the mod below that removes textures like brake slips and sounds like the power slip.

http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/5461-ressemble-the-ai/

mathusummut

Thanks for linking me that RobExplorien! I replaced the General.sbk file and finally got rid of that annoying skidding brake slip sound. :)

LEGOISAWESOME
On 09/05/2016 at 8:12 PM, RobExplorien said:

That's because they follow a specified path, as mumboking said. Using turbo's just makes them travel along this path faster, even at the sharpest turns. Also, about the turbo and oil slicks (or any yellow type power-up), when the opponent gets hit it slows down the turbo until it runs out, even the flying boost for the remainder of its duration. I cannot find an explanation for this behaviour other than perhaps being an unintentional leftover from the developers.

The closest you may get at this moment to mimic the AI is by adapting your racing style as a whole to their behaviour and use the mod below that removes textures like brake slips and sounds like the power slip.

http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/5461-ressemble-the-ai/

There are quite a few things I've also noticed:

• If you shoot an AI driver whilst their using a speed boost power up, it shuts off instead of continuing like the players does
  • If you hit an AI player whilst their using a speed power up (or they grapple you) they will travel at twice the speed or even faster depending on how hard you hit them (This can be easily demonstrated by activating the FLYSKYHGH and RPCRNLY cheats)
  • If the AI bumps into someone or something whilst using a speed boost (including drops in the map), they'll slow down and sometimes end up moving backwards.
  • If an AI player uses the maximum attack powerup on you (Red+3 white bricks) all three of the missiles will definitely hit your car if you're the only one in front of them.
  • After using a speed power-up, the AI cars immediately resume their normal speed once it finishes

• 2 years later...
Noob Slayer

You, the player, can't actually drive using the physics of the AI, however if you edit the .exe for LR1 and change the amount of time the race lasts after your third lap, your racer will eventually use AI physics after the race ends. Check out this thread: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.