Iran

no intro, no cd, debug info & level select, windowed mode, long load times fix

aidenpons
12 minutes ago, Iran said:

It's not fixed properly yet, the patch removes the frame limiting code entirely which breaks a few subgames. I need to patch it so it only disables on level load.

It's fixed enough - for a change I actually want to replay LI2 l405G.jpg But aye, fixing that would be nice - the cherry on top, so to speak.

Mysteli

Yeah, I was a little disappoint that I haven't done a full playthrough of the game in almost 5 years, and then this comes along a couple weeks after I do! Doh! >.<

Oh well, at least I'm giving it more boot time now that it is around. :P

Iran
2 hours ago, aidenpons said:

It's fixed enough - for a change I actually want to replay LI2 l405G.jpg But aye, fixing that would be nice - the cherry on top, so to speak.

I edited my post because my info seems wrong, it doesn't break frame limiting in full screen.

mumboking

It would be nice to have a patcher that can do this automatically with selections on what to patch.

It's a bit confusing doing it manually when you're not sure how to use the tool.

Sunchipp

With me I'd rather keep the disc in cause of my fear of causing something to go completely wrong since I know nothing about patching games to function without the disc

salex

Hello,

I am trying to get the Debug/Level Selection working on the german game version. Could anybody point me in the right direction to do this?

flexogel

Hi,

I know this is a really old topic but I wanted to know : can someone post a screenshot of the code around the load time fix before and after the fix please (in ollydbg) ?
I have the French version of the game and I can't find the correct offset.

Thanks in advance :D

EDIT :  NVM, just found out how to apply the fix. I read the LI2 Mod Manager source code created by @Jeff

It's probably already written somewhere else on this forum but I'll post the solution here anyway, you're welcome :D :

1. Download and install and open HxD Hex editor
  2. Backup your Lego Island 2.exe
  3. Drag and drop Lego Island 2.exe on HxD
  4. Press ctrl+f
  5. In the window that pops up, click on the second tab "Hexadecimal Values"
  6. In that tab, under "Directions", choose "All"
  7. In the search field type : "90 90 90 90 90 FF" and then press "Search Everywhere".
  8. Now highlight the last "FF" of the search result and the five following hex numbers. You should end up with "FF XX XX XX XX XX" highlighted (X can be any hex value)
  9. Right click what you highlighted and click on "Fill selection with..."
  10. In the window that pops up, make sure "Hexadecimal Values" is checked and type "C3 90 90 90 90 90" in the box right under it. Then Press OK.
  11. Save the file making sure you don't overwrite your backup.
  12. You're done, enjoy :D