Brigs

On 20/05/2016 at 8:41 AM, TheDiplomat said:

"Too Long; Drome Racers". Hovertext is fun.

Sorry you had to undergo such a stressful posting experience. I mean, I have to say, I also feel a little sorry to see Chrome's unmasterful social interaction backfire into a manuscript-length post mocking his cluelessness, simply out of personal experience, but... uh... I guess sympathy for both sides then? Dunno.

All I have is a condescending laugh to chromecrusher & congratulations to Brigs l405G.jpg

• Like 2

• lol username featured this topic

To my adoring fans numbering in the low single digits, I would like to apologize for the lapse in updates. I made the grave mistake of braving the Elimbies a while back, and ventured into its dense, noxious foliage of fanfiction. What I saw was appalling beyond comparison. The jungle was for the most part grammatically tolerable, which made its plots and prose all the more infuriating, moreso even than LEGO Island: The Warm Day. The Warm Day is something that can be universally ridiculed because it is just that bad; A story like the Journey of Exceedra (I am not liable for cerebral hemorrhaging that may result from you making the mistake of looking either of these titles up) requires a bit more effort to digest. You eventually run into the author's headcanon, original characters, and so on. None of these things are inherently, objectively bad. 

I looked at my own story and asked, how is mine any different; what makes me any better than the Elimbiers I abhor? This lead to a broader line of questioning about what makes content "good". Given the subjectivity inherent in media, this is a difficult question to parse. Things inevitably got all introspective and existential. I don't have any profound insights on matter to articulate here. In the meantime, please enjoy yet another nonsensical string of text with no practical application.

Chapter 8 is up. Jerk Bowel, everybody.

• Like 2

It seems the bureaucratic interlopers on the Elimbiers have found the entirety of my magnum opus to be so insincere, so offensive, that they had the gall to strip it from the public forum. Publishing my work on the Elimbies was an act of charity; a sanctuary from the standard OC-centric bollocks people in their ignorance call art. I only sought to provide the denizens of the Elimbies an escape from their repressive society, an optimistic ideal for them aspire toward.

Prior to this, individual posts have been singled out for scrutiny due to allegations of offensive content such as implicit homicide and allusions to intoxication, which I reluctantly purged in compliance; such restrictions must be lifted to produce a climate of civil openness, but those reforms can wait. Now, everything I have worked for has been utterly demolished for the sake of ideological purity. The rationalization? I've not seen one. 

This is tantamount to a declaration of war, and I intend to retaliate with all means at my disposal. Potentially. Likely not. But you can expect a more comprehensive reprimand at some point in the future.

Right...chapter 9 is up. Ahoy, mega-blokkers.

I'm starting college work next week so I'm trying to get as much of this published beforehand as possible. Expect one more chapter sometime this weekend, followed by a protracted bout of inactivity. 

Chapter 10 is up. I hope none of you reading this one are English majors.

• Like 2

Another ludicrously amusing chapter. You write well, and manage to parody... almost everything in existence, but I think that was your point. The author's purpose by writing this piece of work was- *hit by brick* well, I did do a Reading Response on Johnny Thunder Blows This Taco Stand l405G.jpg.

I really like your somewhat sporadic images - do you actually construct them yourself? (Or are they rendered?)  And how do you get everything in focus? And how do you get rid of a pesky background, if you do photograph them?

Brick Separator, a rather rudimentary but surprisingly effective cleaving instrument which helps its operators reduce assembled plastic compounds to their base elements, as opposed to vainly attempting to pry bricks apart with their premolar teeth.

xD

Indeed, Peabody Sam's masterpiece, Johnny Thunder Blows This Taco Stand, heavily inspired the stylistic direction and tone of the Nexus Farce. We're over halfway through Ingress of Imagination now, but I have ideas for a continuation should I ever bother with one. The images are all of real models; I have always preferred tangible models to virtual ones. My brother has a secondary interest in photography, and has a reasonably nice camera and lens, to boot. He's taped together a white-backdrop studio, complimented by a bunch of adjustable lighting instruments to deal with those pesky shadows. The camera is mounted on a tripod, and the lens is manually adjusted to be in focus. I suppose it's a testament to his photographic acumen that you might mistake it for a rendering!

Chapter 11 is up. Introducing the Head Separator.

• Like 2

Over the past few weeks, I've been covertly visiting my lair, I where I was devising a new model to accompany the impending chapter of the Nexus Farce. To create the appropriate effect, this model had to be considerably larger and more absurdly detailed than preceding chapters vignettes.

Chapter 12 is up. Ellipses are fun.

For those few, if any, of you who were eagerly awaiting the continuation of Nexus Farce: IoI, I give you chapter 13. There's a couple reasons for the delay, school being one, and a structurally unsound Venture Koi interior another. The Venture Koi interior is, in many respects, one of my most impressive builds to date. Expect an IoI MOCs entry in the next few days, and regular chapter updates over the next few weeks.

• Like 3

burst into the chamber, as if summoned by some patron deity of compulsory narrative tension.

and the Rite of Excessive Initial Capitalization and Gratuitous Preposition

“It’s almost as if some sadistic, indulgent creature is writing this all up on a whim for their own amusement,” said Typhonus.

This is why I love your stuff. xD Please, please, keep it up. xD 

There was also a map and some rather odd-looking compasses, each unique in design, which the narrative only acknowledges because they will indubitably have some significance later on.

I'm disappointed - those compasses weren't engraved with the name of their previous owner, Chekhov.  l405G.jpg

Okay, so BrickFair plowed into my life and I sort of neglected the Nexus Farce. However, I did find some diabolical elements for my next project, which you all should be looking forward to.

I sort of copped out on new MOCs with this one, but I'm still working on a holographic projector for this chapter, to put in retroactively. The Transdimensional Matrix rant is an obscure nod to a very odd bit of LEGO Universe marketing, and I'm genuinely curious as to whether anyone will decipher it.

Chapter 14 is up. This one is somehow more bizarre.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.