Batty

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

Some of you may recall a video I made in LR2 that I released almost exactly two years ago (one week away!)

Well today, I present you a much improved version of that video.

Creation Log:

Day 1: Did a quick port of the map Knightmare-Athon from Racers, as I well I got a few other models ready in preparation for animating Batty.
Day 2: Got a different map and some models ready for another animation, added some scenery to the map. As well I started animating Batty.
Day 3: Prepared the other map a bit more. I did a lot of fine tuning on it, which did involve a lot of map compiling (time consuming), I also learned how to use locks/parenting. Afterwards I worked more on Batty.
Day 4: Finished up Batty while adding in more bats to the scene and fixed up the backface culling on the map. Took a break from animating and played some Loading Island 2. Ported a new model for 'other animation'.
Day 5 (today): Released Batty. No idea what is to come as the log for day 5 just started on this post. :P (I'm predicting I'll work a lot on the scenery of the map for the other animation, and perhaps finally start animating on it)

I.... er... won't bother asking why...

What I will ask is what program did you use to make the actual footage itself? Your original was apparently LR2... is this LR1?

4 minutes ago, aidenpons said:

What I will ask is what program did you use to make the actual footage itself? Your original was apparently LR2... is this LR1?

Not entirely sure, but I'm guessing Source Film Maker (SFM).

Fluffy Cupcake

Why? Because I had that song in my head that one time so I did something with it using LR2 as an outlet (Odd choice? For the regular individual yes), and since I've been animating recently I figured remaking that as an actual animation would be good practice and as well be a nice tribute to the old days when I didn't have somewhere to animate.

Also, yes. SFM is correct. The program is free so anyone can use it. :thumbsup:

It's been a week since the last animation release hasn't it? Well I guess it's time for an update report! While I may not have anything to show now, I can assure you something is in the works!

No it isn't Portal Racers related, even though that's been all the rage lately.

While I have been focusing on one I've been working towards another on the side while waiting for my progress-blocking bars to slowly be removed.

Edit: @Arthuriel thought the video wasn't bright enough, so I fixed that.

EDIT 2: DARN YOU LOW VOLUME EXPORT PROBLEM I ORIGINALLY HAD AND I HAD KEPT IT SAVED AS SO IN THE PROJECT SETTINGS.

• Like 1

About the new version:
In the first seconds I can see more. Good :).

After that: Aaargh, don't turn the brightness up to 11! *face starts to melt like in Indiana Jones*

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.