Lost Raiders On The Moon

Fluffy Cupcake

Shadowblaze
21 minutes ago, mumboking said:

Why does it have to be a brony thing!? >.<

When a song is involved in Xiron's content, it's brony related. It's a rule.

• Like 3

Fluffy Cupcake
3 hours ago, mumboking said:

Why does it have to be a brony thing!? >.<

So if it was from any other community you wouldn't care? If I never cited the source you would have never known it was brony related because all original context was stripped, I can't really help it that a gazillion fan content exists (even covers of original fan content, which is what this song is) due to the massive community, and some of it being good enough stuff to make something out of.

To be honest I was almost tempted to leave the source out for a few days because I know people have an allergic reaction to it (like some people do with peanuts).

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Xiron said:

So if it was from any other community you wouldn't care? If I never cited the source you would have never known it was brony related because all original context was stripped, I can't really help it that a gazillion fan content exists (even covers of original fan content, which is what this song is) due to the massive community, and some of it being good enough stuff to make something out of.

To be honest I was almost tempted to leave the source out for a few days because I know people have an allergic reaction to it (like some people do with peanuts).

I like the video and music, they're good, but knowing it's a brony thing slightly ruins it. I don't know why though.

Fluffy Cupcake

Don't worry mumbo, I won't pound on your natural instinct to disliking bronyism, it is even more highly contagious than I'd like it to be. :P

Lind Whisperer
13 hours ago, Xiron said:

Betcha didn't notice the Chrome Crusher.

Audio source:

https://youtu.be/83lpPH-ozmA?t=7m11s

...Before I go a bit daffy, where's the Chrome Crusher? Or was that just a joke...

Also, am I the only one that wishes this was a real game/series? For some reason, it feels a lot fresher than most of what LEGO has put out lately...

Also, #onehundredposts.

"Because one hundred bits of random commentary is a memorable milestone."

Fluffy Cupcake

I hadn't had that thought if "what if" for it being a game, but it definitely would be a lot fresher if so.

Also no, that Chrome Crusher bit was not a joke, there is actually one in the video.

• Like 1

I set the speed to .25, and my terrible eyes still can't find it xP

I set the speed to .25, and my terrible eyes still can't find it xP

Fluffy Cupcake

You know, my original intent was for it to be a bit more obvious (got a bit lazy on final touches), but I think I'm enjoying this much more. :P

You don't need slow speed to see it, it is visible for at least a few seconds.

5 minutes ago, Xiron said:

You know, my original intent was for it to be a bit more obvious (got a bit lazy on final touches), but I think I'm enjoying this much more. :P

You don't need slow speed to see it, it is visible for at least a few seconds.

AH! I see it! It's not where I expected it to be. :P

Spoiler

It's floating in space. 0:07 to ~0:09

Fluffy Cupcake

Alright, so the story on what happened to make it less noticeable was:

Spoiler

Setting: The background was plain black, no stars.

-Okay, there needs to be something in the background on this shot.... let's put a RR vehicle, like the Raiders somehow managed to lose it in orbit. Well the only vehicle I have on hand is the Chrome Crusher so let's use that.

-Now, let's put it as far back as possible so it is small and... oh, it clips out of the skybox now, guess I'll have to shrink it.

-Done that, okay, it looks good.

*finishes remainder of what was left of the project at that time*

*plays movie over*

-Hmm, the sky looks a little bland... I know, let's put a stary backdrop!

*puts stars for background*

-Ah yes, perfect! Time to uploa... oh, the Chrome Crusher kind of blends in now, should I... nah, it's 5 AM and I should really be in bed now, I'll leave it.

• Like 1

Lind Whisperer
6 hours ago, mumboking said:

AH! I see it! It's not where I expected it to be. :P

Hide contents

It's floating in space. 0:07 to ~0:09

1 hour ago, Xiron said:

Alright, so the story on what happened to make it less noticeable was:

Hidden Content

...And even knowing exactly what frames it's in, I still can't see it. 8S

Any chance someone could take a screenshot+MS Paint a red circle around the Crusher, so I can smack myself on the head and say, "Gee, that is obvious - how the heck didn't I see that before?"?

Fluffy Cupcake

You ask for a screenshot, I give a 20 second video.

Now that that mystery is solved, can anyone guess what frame/area of the video the preview image for the main video was taken from? Yes the camera was manipulated to have a different angle.

• Like 1

Lind Whisperer
45 minutes ago, Xiron said:

You ask for a screenshot, I give a 20 second video.

Now that that mystery is solved, can anyone guess what frame/area of the video the preview image for the main video was taken from? Yes the camera was manipulated to have a different angle.

>.< I should have full-screened the video...

I won't smack myself too hard though - even in full-screen mode, that thing is tiny.

Hmm. On the one hand, it looks like it's a slightly manipulated shot from about 00:20...but the Raider isn't smiling, and no one is sitting on top of the building...

Is it from about 00:04, with the camera manipulated about 180 degrees, and zoomed way out?

Admittedly, I didn't expect this to be made in Source Filmmaker, but there we go...

Did you use $basetexture to replace the RR faces with different mouths? It would explain why they have more faces than the four currently available.

origamihero
On 4/13/2016 at 6:34 PM, Lind Whisperer said:

...Before I go a bit daffy, where's the Chrome Crusher? Or was that just a joke...

The Chrome Crusher is here. :3

Fluffy Cupcake
On 2016-04-13 at 2:47 AM, Xiron said:

Now that that mystery is solved, can anyone guess what frame/area of the video the preview image for the main video was taken from?

For the record the time was

Spoiler

1.5s-3s

• 6 months later...
Fluffy Cupcake
On 2016-04-13 at 9:59 AM, Ben24x7 said:

Did you use $basetexture to replace the RR faces with different mouths? It would explain why they have more faces than the four currently available.

Whoops.... no reply. Sorry. I think I intended to look into what $basetexture was at the time because I wasn't sure what you meant back then (you use this command in all your .vmts Xiron, duh), but then I forgot to.

I used $texturegroup skinfamilies in the .qc to set a bunch of different textures/skins the model can change to. There is a way in SFM to make it so you can animate (change) the skin on any frame you want, but I won't get into that here unless you want to know more.

• 5 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.