Texmod

Pollywanna

Since the game still refuses to load unpacked resources as of the latest update, I thought it would be a good idea to spread awareness of the one aspect of the game we can still mod: textures, thanks to TexMod! TexMod is a small program that intercepts textures loaded into memory while your game is running, and allows you to save them to disk. Additionally, you can create packages to sideload into the game that override certain textures. It's very easy to use, and very useful for games whose modding abilities aren't all there. 

You can download the program here; it was abandoned by the developers a few years ago and is under the GNU GPL, so there are no problems uploading it here. There is a trick to getting it to work with Steam games; copy Texmod.exe to (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\LEGO Worlds). Rename the LEGO_Worlds.exe to, e.g., LEGO_Worlds_M.exe, and rename Texmod.exe to LEGO_Worlds.exe. Now, when you launch the game, Texmod will open instead; in package mode, select LEGO_Worlds_M.exe as the game, load whatever TPF packages you want, and away you go!

I've created a TPF of my Infomaniac texture mod; the face replaces the explorer's face, and the torso replaces the farmer's torso; it also has a blank white texture that overrides the female scientist's legs, since there are currently no plain white legs in-game. Get that here. He has six different facial expressions and uses the explorer's animation set. To use, just open up the TPF package in Texmod and launch the game! Everything should work right out of the box.

thCiBMA.png

Post your own texture mods rendered as TPF files!

Fluffy Cupcake

Isn't a more updated division/version of the program called uMod? I'll have to look it up when I get home, as I'm not sure if it is the first result when searching.

Edit: Got it, project page is still called texmod though.

https://code.google.com/archive/p/texmod/downloads

And yes, reverse compatabilty for tpf files exists (according to the info page)

Yeah, I've seen uMod, but it's not as straightforward as TexMod - a lot of the new features aren't really needed when all you want to do is just override textures, and I thought the user friendliness of ol' TexMod would make it a more appealing option. Didn't know their Google Code page was still up though, I wasn't able to find much using my Google-Fu so I uploaded the program myself.

• 1 month later...

In order to get logging mode to work I had to open Worlds in Texmod (via your Steam renaming .exe instructions), which opened a new replica texmod GUI. I thought I'd made a mistake and kept closing the new GUI until I had the crazy idea to also open Worlds again in the new gui while the other was still running. Only then did it load the game. long winded but I now have some saved textures and a texmod.log. I'll leave the retexture and package building till tomorrow though, it took longer than I had hoped sifting manually through all those textures. Great mod! :D 

No, it runs a script alongside the game and replaces the textures you selected in the TPF file. its a pain in the arse to set up.

But the great news is Update 5 Game.dat can be extracted with Quickbms 0.7.4a and the latest ttgames.bms.txt.

The tutorial is stickied at the top of the modding forum page.

Night_Fury_CZ

i try it step by step like on sticked post game is extracted but if i want start game open window with balck srenn and immediately  crash

Yeah I have the same problem, it seems the game wont read the uncompressed files. There is probably an easy fix but right now it eludes me. :(

I'm sure someone will shed light on this at some point, might take some time though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.