Exploring Adventurers Island on foot?

lol username

lol username

I've been messing around in LI2 today and noticed that when you land a helicopter/the pterodactyl on Adventurer's Island, for a very brief moment before the load screen appears it actually parks the vehicle and puts Pepper on foot. But they made it place Pepper right in the center of the landing pad instead of beside it, so when landing the helicopter you don't see him suddenly appear outside it (though you can still see his shadow appear, the shadow of the helicopter disappear, etc). With the pterodactyl it's much more obvious, as the pterodactyl has different animations for when it's landed, and Pepper isn't obscured completely.

yHr1Zt2.png

YKiPaD2.png

y0csR59.png

XEgApGg.png

7wVHPFx.png

(The pterodactyl's shadow is still visible in the second screenshot of it, just mostly obscured, even poking through the feet of the pterodactyl a bit)

So here's what I'm thinking: Could you use Cheat Engine to force Pepper out of a vehicle, without actually landing/triggering loading, and walk around on the big Adventurer's Island map? I'd suppose the feasibility depends on how complicated getting in and out of a vehicle is - if we're lucky maybe it could be as simple as setting a single value for what vehicle Pepper is in (if any), and the game would handle most of the rest? Without knowing exactly how they coded it it's hard to say, but I think it's worth looking into.

(Side note: Pepper lacks animations when flying the pterodactyl on Adventurer's Island. Whoops.)

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

There might be a way to check if there is a value which checks the state in which if Pepper is in a vehicle or not.

Another thing I can think of, which all depends on if there is a loading zone where the chopper lands or if it is a on foot detection - check the coordinate values (change displayed format to Array of Bytes - hexadecimal when found) via cheat engine and change the landing spot located in the waypoints file (recall the waypoints topic of mine which listed the helicopter landing locations + more for the main LEGO island)

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.