Animation: Lewa and the Rama

emily

I could do more on this thing, but I think its best to get it out there so I can move on to other stuff and also take a bit of a break. I think it's good enough that it's a few steps up from the last animation I did. I think.

Lewa just got his final mask and is a little eager to show his collection off. But is he a bad enough dude to kick all those Rama butts??

Story here is that I really liked Jonathan Kaplan's compositions for a scene in his defunct BIONICLE: Quest of the Toa fan film that had to do with Lewa fighting a swarm of Nui-Rama. He never provided visuals for the scene he had planned, but this is what I imagined based on the music he put up. The idea is that this leads into the Le-Koro chapter in MNOG.

Me likey very much :D

I think we all have a soft spot in our hearts for MNOG and I'm not quite sure why.

The beginning first 30s or so seem a little high-tech for MNOG, but the rest is spot-on.

I really like it :D My one critique is that for plot and gameplay, I wouldn't show Lewa being beaten up & mask swapped out, I'd leave that to build tension, but that's my personal choice and I understand my personal choices are usually horrible. l405G.jpg

I remember your "Bohrok attack Ko-Koro" animation - have you made any other MNOG ones?

3 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Me likey very much :D

I think we all have a soft spot in our hearts for MNOG and I'm not quite sure why.

The beginning first 30s or so seem a little high-tech for MNOG, but the rest is spot-on.

I really like it :D My one critique is that for plot and gameplay, I wouldn't show Lewa being beaten up & mask swapped out, I'd leave that to build tension, but that's my personal choice and I understand my personal choices are usually horrible. l405G.jpg

I remember your "Bohrok attack Ko-Koro" animation - have you made any other MNOG ones?

Thanks! That intro bit is actually an homage to the loading screens on the 2002-3 news updates Templar animated - you don't really see them now because the things load instantaneously so the reference may be a bit obscure.

Here's all the BIONICLE stuff I've animated!

This is so well done!!

I loved the timing with the music and pacing of the whole animation was really nicely composed!

Very very nice animation

Bravo! :star::star::star::star::star: 

I always got excited as a kid seeing mask powers in use, and this thing's got 7 of them in a row! Absolutely delicious. Great music, great matching of soundtrack and animation. Thank you Pereki and thank you Kaplan.

:D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.