legorr.exe has stopped working :(

rick1992

Hi guys!

I've been playing LegoRR for the past couple of days and I'm really enjoying it! But sometimes the game just stops in the middle of the level and it tells me that legoRR.exe has stopped working, without anything in particular happening... I've been stuck at the same level for a coupe of days because of this :( Is there anyone who can help me? I have already etracted the 2 WAD files with the WAD tool and I replaced the BirdScarer folder with the one from the community in order to prevent this from happening when a sonic blaster id activated. But that's all I have done.

Run the game until it crashes again.

Open your Event Viewer (for Windows 10 right click the start button and press Event Viewer, otherwise just search for it), and in the side pane go to Windows Logs > Application.

You should see an Error - Application Error and above it an Information - Windows Error Reporting. For both, make sure they say "LegoRR.exe" somewhere inside the General box, and then copy/paste the contents here.

Futhermore, if you could tell us what your hardware is (CPU, GPU, RAM etc), that would also help.

Name of application with error: LegoRR.exe, versie: 0.0.0.0, tijdstempel: 0x37eeb911
Name of module with error: LegoRR.exe, versie: 0.0.0.0, tijdstempel: 0x37eeb911
exception code: 0xc0000094
erroroffset: 0x00043aab
Id of process with error: 0x2334
Starting time of application with error: 0x01d17f7a47870f4f
Pad to application with error: C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Games\Rock Raiders\LegoRR.exe
Pad to module with error: C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Games\Rock Raiders\LegoRR.exe

This is what it says :) it might be different than usual because I had to translate the text from Dutch to English.

Processor:   AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

Video Card:  AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6520G

Memory:       6.0 GB

OS:               Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

As a fun fact, Exception 0x94 is a divide-by-zero error. Doesn't actually help us here, but it does explain why the game is going nuclear.

The faulting module is LegoRR.exe, not a graphics driver, HOWEVER, there are some known problems with AMD and this game. Interestingly enough, I don't think I've yet seen somebody with both an AMD CPU and AMD GPU. That makes you quite a special case.

When you start you game, do you get a window that asks if you want Direct3D HAL or RGB Emulation? If so, could you try running the game with RGB Emulation instead of Direct3D HAL? It will likely lag a lot, but I just want to see if that solves the crashing problem. If it does or doesn't we'll figure out something to make it run better.

Ok so i tried running the RG emulation. The game starts up and I can load the saved game but as soon as I click on any level the game stops without any message... No error, nothing it just closes itself.

Well, that sounds wonderful :/

Let's use Direct3D HAL from here on out, but this time we'll try some compatibility settings if you haven't already. Go to your installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Games\Rock Raiders\) and right-click on LegoRR.exe, and then press "Properties".

1. Under Compatibility Mode, check the box and select "Windows 98 / Windows ME".
  2. Under Settings, check the box next to "Reduced Colour Mode" and select "16-bit (65536) color".
  3. Under Settings, check the box next to "Run this program as an administrator".

If this doesn't work, also try setting the compatibility mode to "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" or other modes.

I'm not sure this will work, but it's good to double-check anyway.

EDIT: By the way, which OS are you running? I know it's 64-bit, but is it Windows 10? I also understand that you're using a laptop with a recent update to your GPU. We may be in for a bit of trouble here.

Edited by Ben2x4
Additional stuff.

• 7 months later...

I'm having a similar issue.  RR runs fine for a while; at some point when I'm deep into the mission, it crashes.  This is what I got last time:

Faulting application name: LegoRR.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x37eeb911
Faulting module name: LegoRR.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x37eeb911
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00006575
Faulting process id: 0x2370
Faulting application start time: 0x01d23aa45132dc11
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Games\Rock Raiders\LegoRR.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Media\Games\Rock Raiders\LegoRR.exe

Ideas?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.