bphillips09

Fluffy Cupcake
2 hours ago, mumboking said:

6337 Fast Track Finish
Not a set?
Not a set?

Thanks.

Neeeope

Not on here, so probably not (the closest thing was this but it is still off).

Well since they are just recreations of builds already provided, I'm sure a mock up (as Pollwanna was suggesting) can be done if someone wants to put the time into that.

Edit: Hey you, yeah you, player.

See this?

Underfloor00.png

No? Well how about now?

Underfloor01.png

Yeah that's right, as this is going into a game I took some special considerations and I fail-safed the floor UNDERNEATH the elevator floor in case something should happen where you manage to be on the basement floor without the elevator, as well the elevator floor is no longer a flat pancake either and it fits snug in there.

• Like 2

Dunno if this helps, but I whipped together the first non-set building from those boxes in LDD. The printed roof tiles/postbox haven't got their textures due to LDD not having those bits printed, but it should still help anyone who wants to build it themselves/use it to mock-up some box art. Personally I would love to build it and take some box art photos myself, but I sadly don't have some of the correct parts (mainly the dark blue windowframes and the printed roofing bits) so I can't really do it. Anyways, here's the file link again and a quick render I slapped together in under a minute: http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/337

large.5702547126460_Islehouse12.lxf.png.

Enjoy I guess?

bphillips09

Sorry for the late replies! I've been really busy the last week.

On 4/2/2016 at 1:36 AM, Linkachu4 said:

Sorry to ask, but ETA on next update?:lol:

I'm super busy with exams right now but hopefully I'll have another update out in less than a week.

On 4/3/2016 at 11:22 PM, Xiron said:

And now for an orthographic!

I'm relieved to finally be done this, it was fun when it started, but after the weeks I slowwwly started to slow down as I kept revisiting the same place. I'm glad I was able to push myself to the end. :)

This is truly incredible. I love that orthographic view! 

On 4/3/2016 at 2:15 PM, Xiron said:

With that being said not all the same sets come out of the boxes, and it'd be great to have the correct corresponding box art with the set that comes out. (See this for all the sets that come out)

Woah I never knew you could do this in the original game... that's awesome!

We could always use Wognif's models for this, too.

On 4/3/2016 at 5:04 PM, Xiron said:

Yeah that's right, as this is going into a game I took some special considerations and I fail-safed the floor UNDERNEATH the elevator floor in case something should happen where you manage to be on the basement floor without the elevator, as well the elevator floor is no longer a flat pancake either and it fits snug in there.

This is awesome. Does the elevator have doors?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bphillips09 said:

I'm super busy with exams right now but hopefully I'll have another update out in less than a week.

Could you include a windows version for 32-bit CPUs like I requested?

bphillips09
18 hours ago, Lenare said:

Could you include a windows version for 32-bit CPUs like I requested?

Yeah I must have forgotten to make a Universal binary when i built 0.9. Do any of the versions before 0.9 work for you?

4 hours ago, bphillips09 said:

Yeah I must have forgotten to make a Universal binary when i built 0.9. Do any of the versions before 0.9 work for you?

Versions before 0.9? Where would I get access to those? I only see one windows download.

bphillips09
4 hours ago, Lenare said:

Versions before 0.9? Where would I get access to those? I only see one windows download.

Nevermind, I forgot I deleted them from my dropbox. I'm pretty much out of space so I can't upload any more until I replace the current builds. But I'll have one out soon! (and I'll make sure to test it on a 32-bit machine)

I think I encountered something interesting with the car just now.

large.infinitedonut.png.5b57b289a216d41b

Did donuts, got out while it was still moving. This happened, and it was doing so indefinitely.
Also, apparently you can leave skid marks in mid air. I drove it into something at one point and when the skid marks went away it was sent flying backwards, causing skid marks to appear in the air.

Fluffy Cupcake

I noticed that when jumping out and letting it drive off into the water. The skid marks would be over the edge and as well in mid-air where it spawns at the track.

bphillips09
On April 11, 2016 at 8:46 PM, Wognif said:

I think I encountered something interesting with the car just now.

large.infinitedonut.png.5b57b289a216d41b

Did donuts, got out while it was still moving. This happened, and it was doing so indefinitely.
Also, apparently you can leave skid marks in mid air. I drove it into something at one point and when the skid marks went away it was sent flying backwards, causing skid marks to appear in the air.

Hmm... that's weird, I'll see if I can fix that. I may end up getting rid of the skid marks altogether. The car itself is still a huge work-in-progress since vehicle physics aren't really my area of expertise.

Also, for anyone wondering, I'm going to be releasing v0.95 soon, most likely near the end of next week. I've been really busy recently with another game I'm making for work and haven't had the time to sit down and work on this, but after this weekend I should have a lot more free time.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
bphillips09

Ok, so I'm really sorry for the delay for anyone who's still interested in this project!

Instead of the next release being v1.0, it's going to probably be v0.9.1 since there aren't too many changes from v0.9, mainly just some fixes here and there and a 32bit-compatible build, and also a settings menu.

Also, the last build was x86_64 Universal, but that seems not to work with 32bit-only OS's like Windows XP, so I'll build an x86-specific version next time.

Does anyone have any requests for other non-planned features (things that haven't already been listed) or requests for things to be implemented/fixed immediately? I've fallen behind on logging what I've already implemented vs. what's been requested.

• Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

Well, since it's been so long the only thing I can recall mentioning that isn't on the to-do list currently is updating the vehicle physics.

On the topic of vehicle physics:

bphillips09
1 hour ago, Xiron said:

Well, since it's been so long the only thing I can recall mentioning that isn't on the to-do list currently is updating the vehicle physics.

On the topic of vehicle physics: 

Hahaha I was actually going to challenge you guys to do that. It took me like 15 tries when I first implemented that car but I finally got up there.

Also, I think for the next release I'm also going to work on dynamic sky coloring and an overall day/night cycle. I'm not sure what the time scale should be, though. Maybe something like 1 day for every 10 minutes of game time?

Fluffy Cupcake

Around 10 minutes sound roughly about right, that can always be fiddled with if we find it too short or long.

How to do air tricks with the car:

1. Get into the car and drive forward

2. Spam 'y' until you reach a good height

3. Wait for the car to fall towards the ground

4. When your car hits the ground, repeat step 2

5. Pepper does his Xtreme Stunts

6. Repeat steps 2-5 if you want to keep doing it

7. By some sheer fault, you give up on doing "stunts" and the car falls halfway into the ground, even when you spam 'y' to fix it. It also moves ridiculously fast backwards when S is pressed in a combination with A or D, Enjoy.

And yes, 7 is actually a bug I encountered, unfortunately I don't have any video or image proof that it happened and I don't know what caused the issue, meaning I don't have the best retracable steps to help you find the bug.

TheDiplomat
11 hours ago, Ben24x7 said:

It also moves ridiculously fast backwards when S is pressed in a combination with A or D

@bphillips09: Any chance you used RotateAround for steering? :P On that note, is the car sort of based around Unity's Car Tutorial example, out of curiosity?

bphillips09
8 hours ago, TheDiplomat said:

@bphillips09: Any chance you used RotateAround for steering? :P On that note, is the car sort of based around Unity's Car Tutorial example, out of curiosity?

It's basically just a modified version of the script that is attached to the vehicle included with Unity Standard Assets, but with a few modifications for the new Lego vehicle. There's also some other custom scripts on it that I wrote to control terrain and camera handling.

• 2 weeks later...
origamihero

I cant open it its giving me this error message: The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

Can someone plz help?

Fluffy Cupcake

Are you on 32-bit?

Right click my computer, select properties, and under system type it will say either x64 or x86 (32-bit).

origamihero

thanks

7 minutes ago, Xiron said:

Are you on 32-bit?

Right click my computer, select properties, and under system type it will say either x64 or x86 (32-bit).

yes I'm on 32-bit. I'm just going to have to wait for the next update

bphillips09

Just wondering, is there any interest in VR support in the future?

I don't think it would work all too well in a game like this, but it might be interesting.

On 5/11/2016 at 2:48 PM, chromecrusher said:

thanks

yes I'm on 32-bit. I'm just going to have to wait for the next update

I will have v0.9.1 out soon in both 64-bit and 32-bit builds!

• Like 1

• Cyrem changed the title to LEGO Island REDUX
  • lol username featured this topic
  • lol username pinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.