bphillips09

LEGO Island REDUX

bphillips09

Updated to v0.9.6.9. The links (and changelog) are in the initial post. The game should notify you of an update when starting, and if you accept it will take you to the first post.

1 hour ago, Cyrem said:

Man, I wish I had a 3D printer, looks good!

The one I use the most (and probably the biggest and best you can get for the money) is the Creality CR-10. You can find it online for around $400, I got mine on sale for around $300 though.

• Like 1

mumboking
On 8/4/2018 at 12:54 AM, bphillips09 said:

I 3D printed the info center. It turned out pretty good for a low layer resolution print, except that the front columns came off... https://i.imgur.com/9RW7BEv.jpg

I think the Brickster stole the power brick too...

• Like 1

AshiPaws

Hey @bphillips09

I made Lego Island in VRChat and people have been wanting interiors. I was wondering if you wanted and were okay with tossing me the assets? You'll get credit of course!

here is a video of what I've done so far

Xir

I have been the one modeling them, and while I'm fine with them being used in whatever, they were made especially for this project. So I'll wait on seeing if bphilips wants to keep them exclusive to this project or not.

DarkianMaker

I've been designing quite some of the interiors (although only the Garage has been implemented yet) and that was also just for this project in principle but just as Xir said it all depends on what bphilips decides.

On a side note, why don't you make the interiors yourself? Gives you more creative control of how you can implement them in your VRChat map and add functionality.

bphillips09

@AshiPaws I'm open to sharing the assets, as my goal is to eventually open-source this project. I can't share the exact models as they are represented in REDUX since the meshes are modified by the engine and contain combinations of the interior assets designed by @Xir and others, and modified objects cannot be exported without the use of third-party tools (or possibly writing the mesh data to files). However, as long as the original authors allow it, feel free to acquire the models from them and if-needed use their representation in REDUX as reference to how they should exist in VRChat. If you need information from me regarding representative scale or position for interiors compared to their exterior counterparts, let me know. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Xana Lyoko I fixed the bug reporting issue you had (where the game reacted to inputs received while typing a bug report). Regarding the music zones, I spent many hours picking the almost-exact locations for where they should change to another location's theme song, and I think the vast majority of them are within a few "inches" of how they were in the original game. If you have specific examples of areas where you think this is incorrect, I'd be happy to fix them. Regarding the elevator music, this isn't really a bug but something I did intentionally. I figured since the elevator music is technically something that would be always-playing, it should play over the soundtrack until a button is pressed. However, I've received a few complaints about this so I will likely end up changing it to behave in the same manner as the rest of the soundtrack. 

To the anonymous guy who reporting the issue with "DLLNotFoundException" regarding the discord-rpc.dll, I figured out that the bug lies with Discord themselves and exists in their public API. I've been able to replicate the bug by playing the 32-bit standalone version on a 64-bit installation of Windows with Discord both installed and not-installed. I might have a fix for this in the next release, as it's something I might be able to fix myself in the engine. Because this issue is technically game-breaking, I'm going to have a fix one way or another in the next day or so. 

AshiPaws

@Xir, @bphillips09 and @DarkianMaker do you have discord/telegram where we can have a more direct conversation about this? I, of course, will be making a sign that gives all 3 of you credit in some way for this :P

My discord is AshiPaws#7297

bphillips09
8 hours ago, AshiPaws said:

@Xir, @bphillips09 and @DarkianMaker do you have discord/telegram where we can have a more direct conversation about this? I, of course, will be making a sign that gives all 3 of you credit in some way for this :P

My discord is AshiPaws#7297

I'm adding you now. Also related, for everyone else reading this I'm considering making a Discord channel for REDUX (especially now that it has Discord Rich Presence support in-game). Good idea or no?

AshiPaws

yesssssssssss

Xir

Hrmm. My only concern is how active, or inactive rather, the server would be.

bphillips09

Updated to v0.9.7.0. The links (and changelog) are in the initial post. The game should notify you of an update when starting, and if you accept it will take you to the first post.

Meanwhile, join the Discord!

DarkianMaker

Everyone is quite shiny though

bphillips09

Updated to v0.9.7.2. The links (and changelog) are in the initial post. The game should notify you of an update when starting, and if you accept it will take you to the first post.

• Like 2

RocketRacer
On 8/30/2018 at 1:37 AM, bphillips09 said:

Updated to v0.9.7.2. The links (and changelog) are in the initial post. The game should notify you of an update when starting, and if you accept it will take you to the first post.

Thank you so much for still updating this project. The island is definitely feeling more and more alive  with each update. Good job!

• Like 1