LEGO Island REDUX

bphillips09

Fluffy Cupcake

But what if I jump off the hillside? :P

Oh by the way, any news on getting a respawn boundary for water like I requested way earlier?

4 minutes ago, lordtobi909 said:

I believe it plays about anywhere once you hop on the skateboard?

It does, as does the info center music with the bike, police theme with the motorcycle, and the gas station theme with the buggy (until you enter a new zone of course).

• Like 2

bphillips09
3 minutes ago, Xiron said:

Oh by the way, any news on getting a respawn boundary for water like I requested way earlier?

I'm confused. You mean if you come in contact with the water?

Fluffy Cupcake

Yeah. You can make it as simple as the walls for now if you like, except instead of a wall make it flat like a floor and put it over the water. Unless of course you want to implement swimming. :P

bphillips09
9 minutes ago, Xiron said:

Yeah. You can make it as simple as the walls for now if you like, except instead of a wall make it flat like a floor and put it over the water. Unless of course you want to implement swimming. :P

Wait now I'm even more confused. You mean block it off so you can't walk on it?

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm not entirely familiar with how boundaries work in Unity, but yeah, basically doing anything to make it non-walkable works.

bphillips09
2 minutes ago, Xiron said:

I'm not entirely familiar with how boundaries work in Unity, but yeah, basically doing anything to make it non-walkable works.

Ah ok. Yeah right now there's basically just a giant invisible box and if you run into it you respawn. I can make a boundary so you can't go on the water, but I'll have to do it manually so it'll take some time.

Fluffy Cupcake

Box? So basically the whole island is surrounded by a box from what I understand.

With that in mind, would it not be possible to make the bottom of the box ever so slightly higher than the water level? It's not like any part of the island goes that low anyhow (unless the not-yet-implemented-cave does, which at that point the proper boundary can be made).

It's not like any part of the island goes that low anyhow (unless the not-yet-implemented-cave does).

I've glitched under the island enough times in the original, so I can confirm that the cave does go under the water level.

bphillips09
9 minutes ago, Xiron said:

Box? So basically the whole island is surrounded by a box from what I understand.

With that in mind, would it not be possible to make the bottom of the box ever so slightly higher than the water level? It's not like any part of the island goes that low anyhow (unless the not-yet-implemented-cave does, which at that point the proper boundary can be made).

It would definitely be easy and possible, but then I feel like it would get annoying where you'd be respawned back to the infocenter if you tried to walk on the water. 

• Like 2

bphillips09
Just now, Xiron said:

But... why would you even try? (unless you're Wognif :P)

Haha I don't know, but personally I think it's fun to walk around the water.

Better yet, I might just make it like an actual island so you can go underwater a few feet.

Fluffy Cupcake

Going under a few feet would be awesome (at least walking UNDER the water would make a bit more sense too).

We don't need to walk into the water, the Information Center's Lift has a second floor that takes you to the seabed anyway. :P

Fluffy Cupcake

Aaah, okay. Probably better to have the original file than a Stereo Mix recording anyhow.

I like how I've been sitting on this thread for almost 2 hours ago you said you'd upload v0.7 :P

Well, I don't care too much, the more that gets done before the upload the better.

bphillips09
7 minutes ago, Xiron said:

Aaah, okay. Probably better to have the original file than a Stereo Mix recording anyhow.

I like how I've been sitting on this thread for almost 2 hours ago you said you'd upload v0.7 :P

Well, I don't care too much, the more that gets done before the upload the better.

Sorry! I've been working on the paper airplane physics and throwable pizzas. Plus I had to drive my friend to the airport.

Edit: The pizza part took me the longest. Quaternions are hard stuff.

It'll be done within the next 30 minutes-ish

Fluffy Cupcake

That's fine, take the time you need.

Well, I'm off to bed now, so I'll probably try it in about 6 hours. Toodles.

bphillips09

That's fine, take the time you need.

Well, I'm off to bed now, so I'll probably try it in 6 or so hours. Toodles.

That gives me time to add underwater shaders! :P 

Fluffy Cupcake

The airplane was just too fun, so I made another video.

This is something I'd like to see more of, expanding on the already existing basic ideas.

I found it interesting that you could still see the planes from the elevator. With seeing that, I was a little disappointed they weren't there when I went outside the Info Center. :P

• Like 2

lol username

Neato. Here's a couple things I'd recommend you at least try if you haven't already:

• Go to Edit > Project Settings > Input. Change the Gravity and Sensitivity settings for the Horizontal and Vertical axes to, like, 100 or something.
  • Are you using color correction? I can't tell, but if you aren't, give it a shot - try slapping the ColorCorrectionCurves script onto the camera. Unity 5's default lighting settings tend to give a slightly washed out white-grey look to things and that's a quick and dirty way to "fix" it.

BTW, the "unused" houses you mentioned are used; there's one house you can click on as Pepper that changes into them.

• Cyrem changed the title to LEGO Island REDUX
  • lol username featured this topic
  • lol username pinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.