Can't install the game on Win10

MatoroTBS

I found Alpha Team game on PC CD-ROM. Needless to say, I got already drunk with nostalgy. I had to play it! It was, like, the inspiration of my childhood!

The problem is, it won't install. Installer starts normally, yeah, but then it notices that I don't have DirectX 7 (of course I don't have, I have, like, DirectX 11). It then tries to install DX7 (it's install files are on the disk), says that my WIndows version is unsupported, bye bye. 

After a bit googling, I found out that there simpy isn't possible to get DirectX 7 for Windows 10. It's too old and not supported.

Halp! What should I do?

• 3 years later...
zthomasack

Lordtobi, 

I am running Windows 10 (W10) and I am receiving the same error as MatoroTBS: DirectX 7 (DX7) is not compatible with W10. I am attempting to use your solution; however, your first link in step #3 is out-of-date. I tried to do some digging to find the dsetup.dll and dsetup32.dll files, but the files I downloaded resulted in an error of "the DirectX files could not be found" when I followed the rest of your steps. Right now, in the copy of the disk files folder on my desktop, within the directx folder, I have dsetup.dll, dsetup32.dll and two how-to .txt files, Do you have a suggested solution for this error; should I have more files in the DirectX folder?

EDIT: I found this link on another thread with the correct .dll files (this downloads the above-referenced dsetup.dll and dsetup32.dll): https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/misc/lat_directx_dlls.zip

Sincerely,

zthomasack

7 hours ago, zthomasack said:

Lordtobi, 

I am running Windows 10 (W10) and I am receiving the same error as MatoroTBS: DirectX 7 (DX7) is not compatible with W10. I am attempting to use your solution; however, your first link in step #3 is out-of-date. I tried to do some digging to find the dsetup.dll and dsetup32.dll files, but the files I downloaded resulted in an error of "the DirectX files could not be found" when I followed the rest of your steps. Right now, in the copy of the disk files folder on my desktop, within the directx folder, I have dsetup.dll, dsetup32.dll and two how-to .txt files, Do you have a suggested solution for this error; should I have more files in the DirectX folder?

EDIT: I found this link on another thread with the correct .dll files (this downloads the above-referenced dsetup.dll and dsetup32.dll): https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/misc/lat_directx_dlls.zip

Sincerely,

zthomasack

Wait, so did it work and Alpha Team install? It's a bit hard to tell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.