LRR timers

aidenpons

How much do LRR's timers go up by? One per game tick? One per second of game, depending on game speed? One per real-life second?

Do they continue when paused?

2019 EDIT: Timers are in milliseconds of all things, scale with game speed as expected, and have a max of ~32000.

They also do not reset to 0 on level restart, but will reset if you go back to the level select menu and back into the level.

Edited by aidenpons

sheepandshepherd
1 hour ago, Ben24x7 said:

I think the (slightly) bigger question is "How would people search into this?"

Make a test map and NPL script to experiment with, unfortunately :P

With how limited and undocumented LRR's engine is, I almost wonder if making a new one from scratch would be easier than trying to figure out the little details of how LRR works... but then again, nobody's finished an ORR project yet, so maybe it's harder than it seems.

Fluffy Cupcake
6 minutes ago, sheepandshepherd said:

nobody's finished an ORR project yet, so maybe it's harder than it seems.

Most of the time it's just a single person working on it with no group effort (which would go a long way), because everyone is too busy with their non-computer life to be dedicated to such a thing.

aidenpons ask for me, we talked yesterday about my Mod, and I show into original .npls, and see a lot of timers, but I dont know something about them, so I ask him, and now he ask here :D

So, its not a single person ;)

Magiehammer

Karl White commented on this issue a while back; IIRC correctly, timers increment something like 60 per second. Experimentation really is your best bet.

From the CFG:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; MAIN LEGO CONFIG FILE ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; Times are specied as 25.0 units per second. ;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; Units equate to 40 per block in game        ;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.