CrystalCore

Yellowkey

CrystalCore is a rewrite of the classic RockRaiders game so it can run in high resolution on modern systems. Yeah, I know what you are thinking. Not another RockRaiders clone that will never get finished. And you are probably right. Development has slowed down because of bugs and badly written code. I should rewrite bigger parts of this project if I ever want to finish this. I'm not sure if it's worth continuing with this project. So I've decided to post the current status of the project and let you decide whether it's worth or not.

Currently it can load Maps and Models of the game and has some basic gameplay implemented.

This is a snapshot taken right out of development so some debug information and tests are enabled. Also includes a number of bugs. To run it you need to copy "LegoRR0.wad" and "LegoRR1.wad" into the CrystalCore folder.

Controls:

• [W, A, S, D, Q, E] Move the camera
  • [G] Does what right click usually does
  • [V] Destroy wall
  • [R] build path
  • [C] Spawn RockRaider
  • [T] Spawn Toolstore
  • [F] Spawn crystal
  • [1] Spawn Small Transporter
  • [2] Spawn Tunnel Scout
  • [3] Spawn Chrome Crusher
  • [left click] select units
  • [right click] rotate camera

Download: oresome.rockraiders.com (Windows, 64 Bit)

Spoiler

j50PSMb.png

3yGiO9Y.png

SAe6e8i.png

This is really cool, even better that it uses actual game assets! You should keep going.

I've been looking for an OpenRR branch that's suitable enough for a long time since I got fed up with the limitations of the stock game. I'd love to see this get fleshed out enough to become a real LRR replacement for modern systems.

• Like 3

Looks really good and probably the closest remake to the original I've seen. Props for making it load original assets from the WAD files.

If you're worried about it not being finished, the best thing to do would be to release the source to the community to work on as well.

Definitely keep working on it mate.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

Whatever you do don't stop don't let this die. This is great. Open source as Grapheme said if you just don't feel like continuing it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/14/2016 at 6:31 AM, Yellowkey said:

Not that well. I'm currently busy with my bachelor thesis. In case  I don't continue this project I've decided to release the source code: https://bitbucket.org/YellowKey/legorockraiders.

Hey Yellowkey, thank you so much for releasing the source.

Trying to compile the source, but i'm getting this error:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /C C:/TDM-GCC-64/bin/mingw32-make.exe -j8 SHELL=cmd.exe -e -f  Makefile
"----------Building project:[ YellowKey-legorockraiders-513bf9f6f1fc - Debug ]----------"
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory 'C:/UsersDesktop/YellowKey-legorockraiders-513bf9f6f1fc'
C:/TDM-GCC-64/bin/g++.exe  -c  "C:/Users/Desktop/YellowKey-legorockraiders-513bf9f6f1fc/src/ObjectInfoData.cpp" -std=c++11 -g -Wall -frepo  -o ./Debug/src_ObjectInfoData.cpp.o -I. -I.
cc1plus.exe: warning: command line option '-std=c99' is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++
C:/Users/Desktop/YellowKey-legorockraiders-513bf9f6f1fc/src/ObjectInfoData.cpp:35:16: error: 'olObjectInfoData' is not a class template
 template class olObjectInfoData<float>;
                ^
C:/Users/Desktop/YellowKey-legorockraiders-513bf9f6f1fc/src/ObjectInfoData.cpp:35:16: error: explicit instantiation of non-template type 'olObjectInfoData'
C:/Users/Desktop/YellowKey-legorockraiders-513bf9f6f1fc/src/ObjectInfoData.cpp: In instantiation of 'T ObjectInfoData<T>::get(int) [with T = bool]':
C:/Users/Desktop/YellowKey-legorockraiders-513bf9f6f1fc/src/ObjectInfoData.cpp:36:16:   required from here
C:/Users/Desktop/YellowKey-legorockraiders-513bf9f6f1fc/src/ObjectInfoData.cpp:28:1: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Wreturn-type]
 }
 ^
C:/Users/Desktop/YellowKey-legorockraiders-513bf9f6f1fc/src/ObjectInfoData.cpp: In instantiation of 'T ObjectInfoData<T>::get(int) [with T = int]':
C:/Users/Desktop/YellowKey-legorockraiders-513bf9f6f1fc/src/ObjectInfoData.cpp:37:16:   required from here
C:/Users/Desktop/YellowKey-legorockraiders-513bf9f6f1fc/src/ObjectInfoData.cpp:28:1: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Wreturn-type]
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [Debug/src_ObjectInfoData.cpp.o] Error 1
mingw32-make.exe: *** [All] Error 2
YellowKey-legorockraiders-513bf9f6f1fc.mk:508: recipe for target 'Debug/src_ObjectInfoData.cpp.o' failed
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/Users/Desktop/YellowKey-legorockraiders-513bf9f6f1fc'
Makefile:4: recipe for target 'All' failed
====5 errors, 2 warnings====

Ideas? is there a file missing from the source?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.