Ice Station Odyssey alternate designs

RobExplorien

Here four designs for Ice Planet vehicles that were made solely out of bricks included in the Ice Station Odyssey set. You can click on the images to enlarge them.

tmNfSd5.jpg

Robots were missing in the Ice Planet series. Though not as intimidating as the Spyrius bots, it is a start.

xSfGvq9.jpg

Another vehicle that makes use of those bulky dome parts. It is completely hold together by a single hinge, which admittedly makes it rather vulnerable and unbalanced once you open it up.

QhsCzj9.jpg

Lastly, an alternate design for Ice Station Odyssey. Lots of functionalities are included, like the translation of the rocket over the spare brick compartment by a cogwheel system, the twisting and turning of radars and the displacement of objects by magnets via an arm.

vbJQKoK.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Fushigisaur said:

The img tags don't work anymore. To get the image to show, you just paste the link and hit "enter" twice, I think.

I don't think this works with JPGs though;Only PNGs. For JPGs I think you need to click the insert other media button near the bottom right corner of the post.

Edit: Hitting enter twice DOES work! :S

Very cool designs! I especially like the one on the right in the first picture. I give it an orange transparent thumbs up!

A foolproof method is the "Insert other media" button just above "Submit reply." Then click "Image from URL," hit Ctrl+V, and you're good to go.

Anyway... did you make these, or were they some form of cut or something...?

On 28-12-2015 at 8:50 AM, aidenpons said:

Anyway... did you make these, or were they some form of cut or something...?

Well, as far as I can remember I made them. What do you mean by a form of cut?

Edited by RobExplorien
Moved image to the first post.

9 hours ago, RobExplorien said:

Well, as far as I can remember I made them. What do you mean by a form of cut?

I meant if they were some alternate models Lego created that you dredged up on some obscure Lego Klick magazine or something l405G.jpg

22 hours ago, aidenpons said:

I meant if they were some alternate models Lego created that you dredged up on some obscure Lego Klick magazine or something l405G.jpg

These models are displayed on the back of the box.

RobExplorien
On 3-1-2016 at 7:23 PM, kajeuter said:

Looks nice, I like it! :)

Don't forget this one :af::

-snip-

Never will I forget this fine piece of art.

On another note, I've added a last design for the base to the topic.

• 3 years later...

Hi Guys,

I'm not experienced builder and I would like to ask you, are the instructions for this "back box" builds or I have to make them only looking at the picture ?

Thanks !

7 hours ago, spiro666 said:

Hi Guys,

I'm not experienced builder and I would like to ask you, are the instructions for this "back box" builds or I have to make them only looking at the picture ?

Thanks !

As far as I understand (see my confused posts above) these are builds with only the picture. No instructions provided!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.