[Animation] Jala and Onepu have a Chat

emily

What's happening, folks? I've got a bit of a new animation to share today. I've been working with the assets from Templar's BIONICLE stuff to make my own animations for a few years now (time really does fly, my gosh), and for this one I aimed for a distinct change of pace to match working in a new setting. I really wanted to bring out the characters here, focusing on what I'd like to think are subtleties in movement and behavior - the stuff where the real fun is at. This all in contrast to the more action-oriented stuff I have done previously.

This is really only a part of what I hope will be a longer animation that completes the story set up here, but I had to get this specific part done for a project and it turned out so nice I really wanted to share it.

(and if you want to see the other stuff I've done, go here - heads up that the earlier ones are pretty stinky, though)

I love feedback so don't hold back, type up a post!

• Like 4

Quisoves Potoo

Hmmmm....

I'm not sure what to make of this one. There's nothing overtly wrong with it, aside from the buzzing (which I normally like, but was annoyed by here, especially with the clicking at the loop's end), and it is part of a larger opus, but it lacks, for want of a better word, pizzazz. There is no discernible pace, which isn't always a problem (see 2001: A Space Odyssey,) but made it harder for me to be immersed.

The Ko-Koro ones, while a bit slow, had cool camera angles and a nice atmosphere, even when little was going on. This one is just... there.

The buzzing is a bit of a nuisance. Is there no other ambient noise you can get?

Otherwise, it looks nice.... is this going in the Bohrok Swarms? l405G.jpg It does feel a bit slow-paced, but that's because I read fast. l405G.jpg

The Ko-Koro ones, while a bit slow, had cool camera angles and a nice atmosphere, even when little was going on. This one is just... there.

Fair enough! I tried something else here and I know I can't please everyone. I'd like to think that part of it is that this really wasn't written to be a standalone episode - maybe it will hold up better for you once it has been set into its proper context.

Re: the buzzing/horns, Quis your ears must be far beyond mine because I cannot for the life of me detect a click in the loop. Will keep that in mind for later stuff, though. @aidenpons I could have done something else, but the horns are kind of emblematic of Onu-Koro and it wouldn't have felt right to me to do anything else.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.