kajeuter

Hello Everyone,

Most of the default cars from Lego Racers 2 do already exsist real life. These cars are taken from existing sets.
I made a list for Sandy Bay, Dino Island and Arctic with all of the cars that are actually taken from existing sets. Since most of the cars do not have a name, I'll refer to the characters that drive the car in LR2.

Sandy Bay Cars:

Spoiler

Cassaopia's Car:

6435-1.jpg

Pippin's Car:
6437-1.jpg?0

Cunningham's Car:
6470-1.jpg?0

Baron Rosso's Car (Fireman Gaven):
6478-1.jpg?0

Frankie Solido's Car (Mike the Postman) does not exsist in real life.

Mac's Car (Workman Fred):
6600-2.jpg?0

Johnney Thunder's Car (P.C. Bobby):
6636-1.jpg?0

Dino Island Cars: 

Spoiler

Cassaopia's Car:
5987-1.jpg?0

Pippin's Car:
5936-1.jpg?0

Cunningham's Car:
5934-1.jpg?0

Baron Rosso's Car:
AkjINWU.png

Frankie Solido's Car:
5988-1.jpg?0

Mac's Car:

Q7Xqdb3.png

Johnney Thunder's Car:
5975-1.jpg?0

Sam Sanister's Car:
5920-1.jpg?0

Arctic Cars: 

Spoiler

Cassaopia's Car:
6586-1.jpg?0

Pippin & Mac's Cars:
6575-1.jpg?0

Cunningham & Baron Rosso's Cars:
6520-1.jpg?0

Sparky & Frankie Solido's Cars:
6573-1.jpg?0

Johnney Thunder's Car:
6579-1.jpg?0

As for the Mars Cars, these cars are nowhere to be found in the Life on Mars set. However, using Lego Digital Designer, I managed to build all of the cars (Except sparky's one).
I would like to share them with you and I want to actually build them in real lego as well. I will put up a list of items you need and some instructions later. Most of the car pieces can be found in the Life on Mars set itself.

Cassaopia's Car:

Spoiler

70gzrq.jpg

Pippin's Car: 

Spoiler

rizurk.jpg15i0yo7.jpg

Cunningham's spacecraft: 

Spoiler

29z9av5.jpg2mgtufp.jpg

Baron Rosso's spacecraft:

Spoiler

nx6m8g.jpgaaglxv.jpg

Frankie Solido's spacecraft: 

Spoiler

5k2dnd.jpg2iaa4yb.jpg

Mac's Car: 

Spoiler

2hsavww.jpgn3t005.jpg

Johnney Thunder's Car:

Spoiler

f0rgoj.jpg

2vdfsxu.jpg

So, what do you think? It suprised me that most of the cars do actually exsist.

Kaj 

• Like 6

Fluffy Cupcake

I may not own a lot of sets, and know of a large amount, but I'm pretty sure I knew most of these were real sets, I think this was likely by seeing them in the magazines when I use to get them. :P

Anyway, thanks for the RL set images!

It surprises me too. I thought most of them were just made up at the spot, like Cassaopia's car in Dino Island looking rather crudely designed. Luckily the designers got more creative with opponent cars in the sequel. I always liked the big bulky arctic cars (Mac's, Rosso's and Frankie's) for having so many bricks on them. It felt very satisfying regenerating the whole car going through the pit stop.

Edited by RobExplorien

Great topic! A couple of the Dino Island cars are actually alternate builds. Mac's is obviously rebuilt from Cunningham's vehicle, and I think Rosso's was shown somewhere in 5987. I think they were on the back of boxes, but they could be in the instructions.

EDIT:

AkjINWU.png

Q7Xqdb3.png

Edited by AaronBurner05
  • Like 3

Great topic! A couple of the Dino Island cars are actually alternate builds. Mac's is obviously rebuilt from Cunningham's vehicle, and I think Rosso's was shown somewhere in 5987. I think they were on the back of boxes, but they could be in the instructions.

EDIT:

AkjINWU.png

Q7Xqdb3.png

Wow very nice,

so these cars were actually on the back so that the child could build some other stuff with the set.

And what about Mike the Postman's car?

Edited by kajeuter

Nice one Ostoya.

I finally completed building all of the Sandy Bay cars in Lego Digital Designer too. I now know which parts I need.

abtf2o.jpg

I want to build all of the mars and sandy bay cars in real lego. it will cost a bit of money but its worth it :) 

Very nice, I've actually started doing something similar a while back, collecting various vehicles featured in LR2 (without the rests of the sets necessarily). There's one curious little vehicle I want to rebuild, one which is not playable but rather a prop that appears in some Sandy Bay races.

strangecar.thumb.png.64de94c2e64baf767ee

I've always wondered what's up with this little thing, is it some random car design someone at ATD came up with and decided to insert into the game?

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP!

I have succesfully build all of the mars cars in RL. I am currently awaiting parts for the Sandy Bay Cars. All of the Sandy Bay chassis are already build.
I have found the chassis for "Cassaopea" in this tutorial video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtVwTSKfELk

All of the other chassis are custom made by me. If you want a build guide for those, let me know in this topic or via PM.

Cassaopea

Spoiler

4tvzps.jpg

333vdk9.jpg

34g3vvd.jpg

Pippin Reed

Spoiler

293yhhj.jpg

167v312.jpg

2dcaa38.jpg

Mr. Cunningham

Spoiler

t0i3rb.jpg

2i8vp1k.jpg

72wz0j.jpg

Baron Rosso (with no head yet)

Spoiler

35de39h.jpg

34zglsp.jpg

2uf6bgg.jpg

Frankie Solido (also with no head yet)

Spoiler

2j31lwy.jpg

jra3gh.jpg

ak7l82.jpg

Mac

Spoiler

353avzl.jpg

a08f44.jpg

x4hmir.jpg

Johnney Thunder

Spoiler

2zf7vhi.jpg

24mhnwj.jpg

16isbpi.jpg

15frhbl.jpg

Let me know what you think ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Another update;

I have succesfully build the Sandy Bay cars as well!

14jujgj.jpg

2d97lol.jpg

Cassaopea

Spoiler

2enn4fa.jpg

25jut7k.jpg

Pippin Reed

Spoiler

4tps2v.jpg

faty5u.jpg

Mr. Cunningham

Spoiler

2cy4ayw.jpg

wcjqiq.jpg

Baron Rosso (Robot)

Spoiler

nquweo.jpg

16b0lqp.jpg

Frankie Solido

Spoiler

rbcsp1.jpg

fnbs6p.jpg

Mac

Spoiler

nxw02b.jpg

2r2qkk0.jpg

Johnny Thunder

Spoiler

2hdbia9.jpg

14iddhe.jpg

Let me Know what you think ;)

Absolutely beautiful. I have most of those Sandy Bay vehicles - nice touch however in altering them to look like they do in-game (e.g. the digger's smaller wheels).

I'm building some of the Mars vehicles right now too - I'm particularly fond of Mr. Cunningham's hovercraft, although I'm aiming for a slightly more accurate rendition than the one you did - with old dark gray parts and sand blue 1x2 slopes.

Here's a tiny default Mars vehicle from me.

jpcz5t.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ostoya said:

Absolutely beautiful. I have most of those Sandy Bay vehicles - nice touch however in altering them to look like they do in-game (e.g. the digger's smaller wheels).

I'm building some of the Mars vehicles right now too - I'm particularly fond of Mr. Cunningham's hovercraft, although I'm aiming for a slightly more accurate rendition than the one you did - with old dark gray parts and sand blue 1x2 slopes.

Here's a tiny default Mars vehicle from me.

jpcz5t.jpg

Thanks for your feedback. Glad you like it. Which Sandy-Bay Cars did you build too? I saw a picture of the postvan earlier.

And which mars cars are you going to make?

I like this first car. I did not build that. Maybe later.

Apart from the postvan (which the only entirely original creation by the game's devs in Sandy Bay) I have the small digger, lifeguard buggy, the fire engine and the police 4x4. The first two in fact are sets I've had since I was a kid.

I'm building the aforementioned Cunningham hovercraft, and then I'll see. I'm not planning to build all of them. I have some Dino Island and Arctic vehicles too, so I'm at least covered in each theme.

Dunno if the Ramas from Xalax count, but I've got every single one of them.

9 hours ago, Ostoya said:

Apart from the postvan (which the only entirely original creation by the game's devs in Sandy Bay) I have the small digger, lifeguard buggy, the fire engine and the police 4x4. The first two in fact are sets I've had since I was a kid.

I'm building the aforementioned Cunningham hovercraft, and then I'll see. I'm not planning to build all of them. I have some Dino Island and Arctic vehicles too, so I'm at least covered in each theme.

Dunno if the Ramas from Xalax count, but I've got every single one of them.

Nice, I want to build the arctic vehicles as well. 

I use to have a lot of Rama's too, but I lost most of the parts when we moved. 

My favorites are; The Fire Truck, Big Digger, Lifeguard Buggy and the Beach Buggy (Cassaopea's car)

These are really cool! I always found Baron Rosso's hovering vehicle pretty bland from the back, like the main feature was designed (the big thrusters and the windshield) and they just decided to fill in the gap with standard bricks. Mac's car is probably my favorite, but I liked diversity and usually picked the default Mars car (the one Ostoya built) whenever racing on Mars. Was it a tedious proces to collect all the bricks for the Mars vehicles? I eagerly await the Arctic vehicles, but most of those can be bought easily via a set right?

Maybe it is just on my end, but the images in your first post don't seem to show up.

4 hours ago, RobExplorien said:

Maybe it is just on my end, but the images in your first post don't seem to show up.

They don't for me either.

Good job with the cars!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

A Big Bump after almost a year. I have just ordered all the pieces for the Arctic cars. I need Around 100 parts, which will be here somewhere next week.

Meanwhile, I've finally collected all of the rama's. Not only the ones in LR2, but also the others. Here are the pictures:

Spoiler

1zmgfer.jpg

dhcwuf.jpg

2lxf6o5.jpg14ujfr5.jpg6j0dw8.jpg

• Like 3

• lol username featured this topic

Man how did you ever get Ghost? They always seemed to run for over a hundred last time I checked (which was over half a decade ago to be fair but I'd think it'd only get worse)

5 hours ago, kajeuter said:

A Big Bump after almost a year. I have just ordered all the pieces for the Arctic cars. I need Around 100 parts, which will be here somewhere next week.

Meanwhile, I've finally collected all of the rama's. Not only the ones in LR2, but also the others. Here are the pictures:

*snip*

I do not see Subzero...

6 hours ago, Ringtail said:

Man how did you ever get Ghost? They always seemed to run for over a hundred last time I checked (which was over half a decade ago to be fair but I'd think it'd only get worse)

I got 5 Rama's via Bricklink. All of the others are from my childhood. Including Ghost.

And Subzero? Couldn't find him on Bricklink. But he seems to use pieces from other cars.

• lol username unfeatured this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.