Decompressing & Recompressing All of IXS' files!

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

Just thought I'd given everyone a heads up that via my requesting, compressed files, i.e. .qst (quest), .bmb (material), col, mbk, level.pkg, .txt files, you name it, can now be decompressed using QuickBMS after a month of hard work (in silence) from aluigi.

Script: http://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/island_xtreme_stunts.bms

If the program asks you:

- the script has requested to load a function from the dll MEMORY_FILE3
do you want to continue (y/N)?

(as some files will), say yes.

Also, DON'T OVERWRITE files as some of them throw a fit on conversion, decompress them to a different directory.

To recompress, open a blank text file and put this in it, and save it as any name with the .bms extension:

get SIZE asize
log MEMORY_FILE 0 0
put SIZE long MEMORY_FILE
append
log MEMORY_FILE 0 SIZE
append
math SIZE + 4
get NAME filename
log NAME 0 SIZE MEMORY_FILE

Courtesy of aluigi

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing this! It now makes a lot more sense what some of the files are for.

EDIT: I just found out that the building labeled as "Patients" is Lucky Larry's house!

Edited by AaronBurner05

• lol username pinned this topic
  • 8 months later...
Fluffy Cupcake

I'm unsure what file type they are in exactly, either the bmb or mbk files likely, but even so this doesn't extract models, it just makes the current files less of a garbled mess, so anyone who would want to reverse the format won't have to deal with incomprehensible compression.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.