Map Resizing Tool

alan

Hey there,

I haven't been online for quite a while (and I probably won't be active any longer, other things to do, ...) but I at least wanted to post this here.

Cyrem's map creator (can't get used to any name other than this :P ) was the very first program that gave us the possibility to do what we always wanted as childs (and today): creating your own level.

I think this has been a huge step for this community to go further into modding ol' Lego Media games. It all began here.

I love to use Cyrem's map creator, especially when there came new versions to improve the creating process. But there was one thing - only one - that I was not happy with... In my opinion a possibility to edit map dimensions afterwards was missing. When you were creating a map and you suddenly realized that you need way more space than expected, you definitely ran into a problem.

So after I went through a Java programming introduction book (very simple) and a few months after that I decided to make this on my own. A special thanks goes to Cyrem's Map Creator again because I used it for my .map research and for bug-finding.

As I suck at programming it took me several weeks to program this. I wasn't able to convert it to an .exe (and I didn't find any suiting programs that didn't want to have money) and there is one display bug (buildings are sometimes not shown completely with their power paths). The next thing is that you will have to use the scroll bars to explore the invisible part of the maps. But in general this program should be working fine.

Features:

- open maps as folders (unlike the Map Creator my program remembers the path and saves it into the file Lrrmpwrtrloc.txt)

- maps displayed with ingame textures (you can switch between Rock, Lava and Ice biome)

- you can switch between the different map views (e.g. surface, cror, high, fall, ...)

Resizing: in one resizing operation you can change only two neighboring dimensions (so top and left, left and bottom, bottom and right, ... but not top and bottom, left and right). But you can repeat this step as often as you want (I limited the maximum dimensions of the map to 105... if you need more space, please tell me so I can modify the program).

DOWNLOAD

If you see any bugs while running the program, please tell me.

I hope you like it :) 

You forgot to add an ending {/url} to the link. ;P

Well I actually didn't, but when I edited the text it was messing up. I can add the part {/url} (of course the other brackets) as often as I want it doesn't work...  -.-

Fixed it now with the option in the editor, even if I prefer writing it myself...

• 1 month later...

Hello. While using this tool, it appears to freeze when i want to resize a map that's already over 105 tiles large. It's 200 x 200 to be exact. But i only had to use less than 90 x 90.

What do i do?

• 2 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.