RRUcraft Minecraft Server

Sparks8805

The official RRUcraft Minecraft server has been re-opened after several months of inactivity!

In order to be able to join us here on this server you must have a RRU account over 3 months old and have at least 10 posts here on the forum. This server is whitelisted, so if you would like to join, please send me a PM with your username and I will add you to the whitelist and reply with the server ip.

Rules for the server are as follows...

1. No griefing (Destruction of structures built by other players).
  2. No excessive foul language.
  3. No tampering with other players' buildings.

If any of these rules are broken by any player, said player will be issued a temporary ban. After several temporary bans, the player will then be permanently banned, and their creations will be removed from the world.

Admin: Sparks8805               IGN: Sparks_8805

Moderators: Drill Master         IGN: JALtheComposer

TheAceRailgun    IGN: TheAceRailgun

Fushigisaur         IGN: Fushigisaur

RR Rocks           IGN: Robinate

Xiron                  IGN: Xiron12

The server is currently in the process of being upgraded to the modpack TEKKIT. Your patience would be appreciated during the following weeks.

Please post anything pertaining to the server here...

Guess we needed a new topic for this..? Also, you forgot to list me as mod. :P

I was told by several sources that it would be a good idea to make a separate thread for the new survival server. 

Oh, and I've updated the mod listing. :)

WARNING TO PLAYERS

Do not venture to the end during this time. I know the prospect of wings is very tempting, but the spawn point at the end is severely messed up. If you go through an end portal at this time, you will fall to your death in the all consuming void. We are currently working on fixing this problem and hope to have it fixed as soon as possible.

UPDATE: As of the new snapshots, the End & Nether portals are back to normal!

Edited by Sparks8805
Updated

Drill Master

At this point in time, I am done with the server. I'm nearly to the point of ripping my laptop's keys out in frustration generated by my POS internet.

New, significantly better internet arrives next Monday, in which I will then be able stay on server 24/7 if I really wanted to. I will return to my duties then.

• 4 weeks later...

A warning to anybody who thinks that they might want to use the new "End Crystals" aesthetically...

2015-11-02_21.17.13.thumb.png.171eeabed9

They blow up if you accidentally punch them.

If you go through an end portal at this time, you will fall to your death in the all consuming void.

The joys of using unstable, unbalanced, work-in-progress snapshots. :P

EDIT: I'd like to be whitelisted. IGN should be obvious, and unless you are a blonde can't figure it out, just check my profile.

Some will see a lot of potential in this as a greifing tool; a bomb which won't go off if you don't touch it.

If you go through an end portal at this time, you will fall to your death in the all consuming void.

The joys of using unstable, unbalanced, work-in-progress snapshots. :P

EDIT: I'd like to be whitelisted. IGN should be obvious, and unless you are a blonde can't figure it out, just check my profile.

You've now been whitelisted. Enjoy being on the server!

Update as of 11/3/15:

Server has been updated to latest snapshot 15w44b.

Added a new thumbnail.

Added a triangular webdev to the whitelist.

Now pardon me while I go rebuild my storage room...

• 1 month later...

Since there hasn't been much going on with the server as of late, I would like to gather some ideas in order to "refresh" interest in the server. A few ideas already given to me include a server-wide reset, which would leave the server in vanilla survival, and a fully modded survival server. If any changes are to be made, I would like to have them ready around the new year. Please feel free to throw out any suggestions you might have.

• Like 1

The main reasons why I haven't been on the server:
1. At the time I stopped, the End was still unstable and I lost all my good stuff due to it.

2. Studying and homework for electricity class taking priority.

3. Web comic related stuff.

4. Personal matters.

5. Lack of interest in the new versions; when I play Minecraft anymore I go back to playing Beta 1.3_01.

If I'm to return to it, I want it to be a reset, modded server. Don't care if its a tech mod, or a mod that changes pigs into snakes. I haven't looked at mods for Minecraft in ages, and don't feel like looking for decent ones at this time.

Fluffy Cupcake

1. I'd prefer modded, but at the same time survival in Minecraft never interested me. So my opinion doesn't matter.

2. I'd rather do something different and have everyone hop on over to Creativerse (f2p) and we can have a new-ish form of survival there.

So it seems the consensus is to turn it into a modded server. I hope nobody was expecting anything like Feed the Beast, because I'm not sure a 3GB server would be able to handle that kind of stress, but I seem to have found a smaller Modpack that looks like a lot of fun.

TEKKIT

When I get the server up and running with this brand new modpack, I will post instructions how to download the launcher and connect to the server. 

I will post the final world files for RRUCraftV2.2 here as soon as I can upload them to dropbox.

• Like 2

So it seems the consensus is to turn it into a modded server. I hope nobody was expecting anything like Feed the Beast, because I'm not sure a 3GB server would be able to handle that kind of stress, but I seem to have found a smaller Modpack that looks like a lot of fun.

TEKKIT

Alright, consider me returned. I just seen in the mods list that Tekkit has Equivalent Exchange and Rei's Minimap, which are some of my favorite mods.

Not sure if anyone would use the ComputerCraft parts in it though, 'cuz as far as I know, that mod requires some understanding of coding in Lua. I've tried it before.

Thermal Expansion and Big reactors are also included as a very large part of the game. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as the previous server.

I've heard of the Tekkit mod pack, however, since I haven't tried it, I think trying it out would be fun.

It'd be interesting if we could split the server into halves (or maybe quarters, depends on how many users join) and attempt to create the best [Insert object/thing here] factory, or...    ...I don't know...

...but some form of competitive on the server, whilst utilising Tekkit, would be interesting, but of course its not a necessity.

Fluffy Cupcake

I think I may have tried Tekkit once before, many years ago, on one of Addictgamer's servers.
Yeah, back when Addict was actually active on here...

I don't know if anyone knows this but I've been on like almost every simgle day since the server came back up, I've being going this, that, mining, filling, constructions, landscaping, deforestatin, reforestion, I was just about to start work on a proper mail center and Mine-Cart Depot Station. Anything I've done I can assure you I've done with with the up most respect towards all of you, I even redid the entire Nether Portal and moved the Ender Egg Dispray over, piece by piece. Everything is as it should, anything that was taken is returned, anything used was repaired, sinktouch was heavily used, if it was something that silktouch couldn't be used on then it was no disturbed in any way. All this was done in order to visually improve the spawn town.

I will say the only thing that was not returned was one single block of end stone I found alone out in the wilderness, don't know who left it there.

I also need someone with mod powers to come on and help me fill in ground holes that are within the border of the spawn place.

Also I wouldn't be against a total server reset as long as we ONLY wait for the finished update to happen, the snapshots are just borked up too badly.

Though I feel like making a modded server would be kinda silly, but that's just me, I've never personally used mods ever, I'm not one of those people that got bored with just Vanilla, only got bored with Single Player. Also I was unaware of this until a while ago but is there an shared opinion along modders that say non-modders are stupid or something?

Edited by Shadow322

Fluffy Cupcake

Also I was unaware of this until a while ago but is there an shared opinion along modders that say non-modders are stupid or something?

Yes, non-modders are stupid and all games should be modded. No, but we do very prefer some games modded.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.