How to convert MIP to PNG

Firedude34

So i wanted to convert one of the texture files which had the file format''MIP'' to ''PNG'' but i have no idea how to? I have been surfing through the internet for finding how to convert MIP to PNG but i found no hope. If someone could help i would appreciate it.

MIPs are basically just TGAs + mipmaps (lower resolution versions of the texture seen at a distance). So rename a texture from *.MIP to *.TGA and try opening it in whatever programs you have handy. Some get confused by the extra data, others load them just fine. I haven't done any texture modding for a while, and programs get updates all the time, so I don't know what may currently work best.

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm sorry, can you add a  ? to the end of your topic title? YOU SOUND LIKE A TUTORIAL.

Anyhow, as it is currently impossible to convert directly to .png, hopefully this tutorial here, or my texture tutorial in here will help lead you in the right direction.

That, or I could upload my conveniently mass converted folder of LR2 textures where they are all .png yet still organized properly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.