JimbobJeffers

LRR Tutorial: Running LEGO Rock Raiders on Windows 10 with VirtualBox

Plookey78

I got it to run on virtual box thanks to your tutorial and the game is playable but performance is low, it drops to 15 fps at places and my pc should handle this game without lag. I dont know if its just a poor engine of the game thats causing this, but I cant play like this so im just wondering if there's any way to run this game flawlessly without any performance drops. 

Cyrem

You have no idea how long I've gone without LRR because I could not get any XP VM running that worked with LRR. At last I can play LRR again you are a legend.

For me, to get LRR working I had to have 2D acceleration turned off. Otherwise seems to work perfectly.

Unfortunately, XP is not compatibility with .Net Framework 4.5 which is needed for Cafeteria to work it's magic. =

• Like 2

Jessietail

I'm using VMware instead of VirtualBox but it runs okay for me too. Looks like ass, but it's more than I've been able to do for the last four years. I'm still hoping the ability to run in Direct3D will be available eventually, unless someone here already figured it out and I'm just an idiot who can't read. Edit: By which I mean that already I've become spoiled and ungrateful and want it to run looking nice instead of everything glowing and being at 15fps like RGB emulation only allows. Besides I didn't even follow any of the steps here except for replacing -best with -ftm, I already had a virtual machine with some 3D capabilities set up. I just want it to look and run as smoothly as it did on Windows 7.

ME-E

I have installed VirtualBox and Windows Xp as told (Only the Resulotion of my Screen is different) but RockRaider says:

Spoiler

large.57b1a868f0a7a_Screenshot(28).png.d

Please Help me.

P.S. Yes the language of my Programm is German.

P.P.S. I`m terrible at speeling and Grammar please excuse my mistakes

P.P.P.S. The Disc is insertet and my Computer can read the Data (I`ve tried it also with other DVDs and they work fine).

Jessietail

I would say you probably have a copy of LRR that needs a disc, but if it got that far before giving you the error then I'm not sure. 

ME-E
13 hours ago, Ringtail said:

I would say you probably have a copy of LRR that needs a disc, but if it got that far before giving you the error then I'm not sure. 

I bought the CD-ROM about five years ago at a yard sale and it installed fine at this time.

I just found it in a box full of other old CDs in the cellar and want it to reinstall.

This time it says I have to insert the correct CD-ROM.

Jessietail

idk why it would do that - been having the same issue with LR2 all of a sudden myself. Wish I could help, but going by this topic's history it seems people ain't talking about this game much any more.

yodaatemycar

Is it possible to install the game using a downloaded ISO of the game?

Jessietail
2 hours ago, yodaatemycar said:

Is it possible to install the game using a downloaded ISO of the game?

an ISO is just a virtual duplicate of the CD. it does and has all the same stuff, just from a virtual drive instead of the disc drive.

Aligatetcolt

hey,

i folowed all the instructions but i keep getting a error popup instead of the screen where you can choose a resolution.

Revan0123

I followed the instructions, right up to the "-ftm" part. When I launched the game, it refused to launch and gave me an LEGORR error, instead of giving me a screen where I have to choose a resolution.

Oxman_21

Hai I was wondering if you could help me.I did all the steps and now i can Play LRR thank you so much! But it is really laggy and slow, why is this? Can you help me with my problem?

FuaZe

+1

This solution worked extremely well for me!
Any other option was laggy or produced graphical artefacts!

SurUnAirLatino

I have the same problem as Revan0123, can I get any help please ?
thanks in advance.

EDIT: I'm good, I managed to work around it, thanks anyway :)

Edited by SurUnAirLatino
solved the problem

Shaked

Hey there!

This is a great Guide, though I needed two more configurations that would probably help the fellas above and in future:

1. Find Lego Raiders in the Windows XP window --> Right Click it --> Compatibility Tab --> Under Compatibility Mode check the box and select Windows 90/Windows Me.

2. If you're do offered the resolution choosing screen and game launch fine however game crush when you try to choose a level, here's additional solution:

To run on Windows XP:

1. Open Start Menu
2. Open Run
3. Type DXDiag and press Run
4. Go to the tab "Display", and disable "DirectDraw"
- Notice, that this will disable "Microsoft Direct3D Hardware Acceleration"
and "AGP Texture Acceleration".

- Also that many games and / or programs require this to function properly.
5. Press close.
6. Play!
7. When done playing, enable "DirectDraw" again, so that youre computer may function
normally again. This can be achieved by redoing steps 1 to 5 again, and making sure
that all three types of DirectX Features are set as "Enabled"

Credit to user Zeeth From HERE

Failz_

Thank you so much, this worked very well for me!