The LEGO Batman Movie

emily

Ha, it looks like Joker's lipstick (lip paint? do you call it something else when guys wear it) is drawn on with a marker. And his coattails are something to behold.

And Robin. Robin has big eyes. I assume when he takes the goggles off they aren't so massive but how is that gonna work with the physical minifigure, lol

EDIT: New plot details in the article, too. Joker is mad and destroying things because Batman said he isn't a great villain. Batman accidentally adopts Robin at a charity auction.

yes good

• Like 3

New sets! Hi new sets!

1_20160721.jpg

2_20160721.jpg

Apparently the two mime-type figs are the "Kabuki Twins," who only ever appear in "The Batman," the cartoon from the mid-2000s. So it sounds like they really are digging deep into Batman's history for material.

EDIT: the cylinder on Robin's gun says "Bat-Merch"

It's a t-shirt cannon, isn't it

lol username

This is looking great so far. Makes me hopeful for the Ninjago movie too - I could totally go for several silly irreverent self-deconstructing LEGO movies like this.

(Of course I'm sure that's how people felt when TT started making non-LEGO Star Wars LEGO games too lol)

• Like 2

f0dc6e8f2106493591a755e9a1a39eaa.png

they use the dino tail pieces for the blur when he rips his pants off

honestly even if the writing somehow goes in the can starting with this one I'll still watch 'em all just for the animation. lovely stuff

Quisoves Potoo

Well, this looks gloriously daft.

Is it sad that I'm trying to figure out what the suits reflected in Robin's goggles are? l405G.jpg

I see what likes a barbarian version as well a ballerina one.

43 minutes ago, Terrev said:

(Of course I'm sure that's how people felt when TT started making non-LEGO Star Wars LEGO games too lol)

Aye. Most enterprises are bound to jump the shark eventually. That said, on the evidence of both the LEGO Movie and this trailer, I'd say LEGO's films are in very good hands. It's too early to say for sure, but I don't see them resting on their laurels in the way TT have done.

• 3 weeks later...

Some alleged set details.

Spoiler

NEW Arkham Asylum set:
- At least $100.
- Around the size of the previous Arkham Asylum.
- Minifigures include Batman, Barbara Gordon, Aaron Cash, 2 Arkham Guards, Harleen Quinzel. Then all figures in Arkham jumpsuits are the Joker, Two-Face, the Riddler, and three unnamed villains.

NEW Batcave set:
- Features an area where Batman's suits are hanging.
- Suits hanging are the Disco suit and the Diving suit.
- Also features a walkway leading to the Bat-Computer, which is shaped as the Bat-symbol.
- Alfred is being seen jumping into action trying to escape from Penguin minions (which are the new CMF series 16 penguins). The Penguin minions have an attachment on their back so they can hold accessories.
- At the bottom is the Batboat and Penguin's brick-built duck.

Miscellaneous News:
- Mr. Freeze figure is in an exo-suit in a small set featuring him, Batman, and a hostage.
- Lots of vehicles included in these sets, mostly for the villains.
- Other minifigures to be featuring in these sets are Tarantula (female version), Zebra Man, Kite Man, and Calendar Man.

• Like 1

lol username
7 minutes ago, Pereki said:

- Features an area where Batman's suits are hanging.

oh boy

- Suits hanging are the Disco suit and the Diving suit.

oh

- Mr. Freeze figure is in an exo-suit in a small set featuring him, Batman, and a hostage.

good

Calendar Man

good

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh, so Commissioner Gordon is a girl now!

0a498df4d4144166889d9682d7cb1971.png

excited for someone to ID all these villains.

that one dude is a pencil

EDIT: New sets, too!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pereki said:

Oh, so Commissioner Gordon is a girl now!

0a498df4d4144166889d9682d7cb1971.png

excited for someone to ID all these villains.

that one dude is a pencil

EDIT: New sets, too!

Quick note on Commissioner Gordon. In the trailer, Barbara Gordon is stated to be the new police commissioner. In that Scuttler set, there appears both Barbara Gordon and "Commissioner Gordon", as billed in this USA Today article. Evidently Barbara is an established character in the Batman universe, who is the daughter of the senior James Gordon. Interestingly, this seems to be the first incarnation of Barbara to follow her father's profession and become Commissioner herself. Looks neat, but I hope the writers don't force in the obligatory romantic subplot between Batman and Barbara (...who traditionally seems attracted to an older incarnation of Robin. Huh).

...I just noticed we're getting some weird new parabolic elements with those balloons with the Joker's thing. And Kiteman in that trailer shot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brigs said:

Interestingly, this seems to be the first incarnation of Barbara to follow her father's profession and become Commissioner herself.

Not quite. Batman Beyond would be the first that I know of.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

http://brickset.com/article/24693/the-lego-batman-movie-cmf-list

CMF list:

Lobster-Lovin' Batman
Eraser
Zodiac Master
King Tut
Pink Power Batgirl
d*** Grayson
Orca
Fairy Batman
Glam Metal Batman
Clan of the Cave Batman
Vacation Batman
Arkham Asylum Joker
Calculator
Red Hood
Commissioner Gordon
Barbara Gordon
March Harriet
Mime
Catman
Nurse Harley Quinn

(lol the word filter)

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.