Xir

Where are you, RRUsers? (Map v2)

Xir

MAP: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zz9ER6wvW3Lg.kmjiyoFS26J8

Only those logged into an account can edit. You can ask someone to place you if you are not interested in registering*

So after failure (due to needing a new url after every edit), and failure again (I'd link Nishliau's topic here if it could be easily found) of making a working map everyone can modify and easily keep up to date, and after re-reading over the "RRU meetups?" topic (which I do agree needs to happen more often). I thought: By golly, meetups are a grand idea, but everyone barely knows where each other are so its hard to do! We REALLY need a map everyone can easily modify, or at least be accessed by the majority.

So after some researching the only decent thing I could find when looking up publicly editable maps was custom Google Maps, which is SUPPOSE to have an option to let anyone edit, even unregistered users, but that function is completely broke (or has been disabled?) and the url redirects them to the viewer mode instead of edit, only allowing logged in users to edit. Now, considering how widely popular Google is, and how you only need an account for any of their services, like Youtube (even non-G+), Gmail, generic Google account, etc, I don't think using this service is too bad of an idea. As for those who lack any sort of Google account and refuse to make one, just write a message, or post an edited screenshot of the map for exact precision for someone to put you on, or PM me, whatever works. I've been daily active for 5 years and don't plan on stopping soon. I'm keeping it publicly open now, but if push comes to shove and vandalism happens, I will make it so only trusted RRU users can modify it. Someone did it, only trustees can edit now.

Unless someone can find a better map solution that's the best thing I have to offer for now. Ciao.

• Like 4

RR Rocks

I placed my marker. Let's see how many follow suit

JimbobJeffers

Holy moly I was very specific last time. Yep, I've updated the description, that's me on there.

mumboking

Oh my, those descriptions and icons... :P

jamesster

So far I've met Alcom, Brigs, Aokpisz, and Tauka. I travel a lot so exact location doesn't really matter too much, practically speaking I'm just in Texas for the time being, and going to any major city in Texas can happen at the drop of a hat. (Well, not cities off to the west, definitely not El Paso... But stuff in the Dallas-Houston-San Antonio triangle. The rest of the state just doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned. ;P )

Edited by jamesster
  • Like 1

mumboking

The map is a bit more filled out, thanks to me. The locations may not be accurate, so they have "(Check)" next to their names and most of them have a question mark icon.

• Like 1

IncogM

I prefer to remain mysterious.  You'll never know if I'm right behind you.

• Like 3

le717

I prefer to remain mysterious.  You'll never know if I'm right behind you.

Now that is mysterious. I like it. :D

I confirmed my location (but not it is not geographically accurate to remain some level of mystery (don't you dare use my logo... or else!!!!!)).  ;) I fixed aidenpons' location and added a placeholder for Nog and PWNZOR.

• Like 1

mumboking

(don't you dare use my logo... or else!!!!!).  ;)

I decided to remake your icon with shapes... I then realized it's near Bermuda... Whoops! :rolleyes:

Who made Point 23?

le717

(don't you dare use my logo... or else!!!!!).  ;)

I decided to remake your icon with shapes... I then realized it's near Bermuda... Whoops! :rolleyes:

Oh, you are so in for it, my friend. >:-)

• Like 2

Pereki

I'm on the map yo. In two places at once! (I'm a magic person)

mumboking

Ok, can we please keep it organized? You can drag locations in the list to change the order.

Oh, you are so in for it, my friend. :P

I honestly didn't realize where I'd put the icon until I'd finished it...

EDIT: But now it's in the Bermuda Triangle...

Cirevam

So far, no one is in Maryland or within reasonable driving distance. Whyyyyyy

IncogM

I alphabetized it and deleted Point 23.  I'm pretty sure I did that since I was looking that reserve, thinking about making some kind of "lives with wolves joke."

I decided against it.

mumboking

I created a new layer for unconfirmed member locations. Once the locations are checked and corrected, they can be moved into the "Members" layer. :)

le717

Guys, Cyrem/Grapheme is in Australia, and Cirevam is in Maryland. He's Cyrem's American counterpart. ;)

So far, no one is in Maryland or within reasonable driving distance. Whyyyyyy

Xir

I'm still the only one in Canada. :| *adds McStudz (check)*. There we go, that's a bit better.

And guys, please try to keep the random locations down. I don't want the map to be to messy.

McJobless

You were pretty close with mine; I moved it close to where I live (not my address though) and removed the "(Check)" thing.

RobExplorien

Perhaps I'll meet up with grappigegovert since he and I will be going to university in the same city. Also, I'm going on a holiday to Vancouver next summer.

Edited by RobExplorien

Xir

Also, I'm going on a holiday to Vancouver next summer.

If I wasn't 1/3 of a day's drive out of the way I'd say come by for a visit. :P

Oh well, perhaps you can visit McStudz while you're out there.

JimbobJeffers

I live somewhere here. Jolly good, what what?

Alright, who gave me that description? :P I don't actually speak like that. Or was it me and my terrible memory is just playing on me again?

If someone could please remind me in late September/early October to change the location (as I'm moving out) that'd be great. Also I've changed my icon to my profile picture. I think it would be a good idea to encourage others to do so too - it would make them more recognisable and also separate them from the "other locations" that seem to have sprung up since yesterday. I don't mind doing this myself if people agree.

Ben24x7

I've fixed up my position on the map, but how do I move it to the "Members" section/layer?