The 2016 Leak Thread

emily

It's getting to be that time of year, so here's a thread to keep up on all of those grainy, vague 2016 leaks that'll soon be trickling in from lots of different places.

To start things off, it seems an export of data from LEGO to Brickset inadvertently included listings for two new Frozen-based Disney Princess sets for next year; Anna and Kristoff's Sleigh Adventure and Arendelle Castle Celebration.

Source:
Brickset Forum

Edited by Pereki
  • Like 2

Over on eurobricks, there's been a rumor flying around in the castle and space subforums of a completely new theme. As this same rumor has come from two different sources, I'm pretty persuaded that it's gonna be a thing next year. Apparently it will be Chima's replacement and will also have a tv show, as it is with all these big new themes. 

This theme will be Fantasy, but kind of Steampunk-ish. Fantasy Steampunk? Is that a thing?  I've now succeeded in confusing myself as well. 

And no helicopters, motorcycles, tanks or any of that. This will be a different kind of weird. 

This theme will last for at least a few years (3 being a few), but, as long as everyone here continues to breathe, we will all wind up with what we like eventually.

I PM'ed him (legomilk, a reliable leakist) a few months ago and he told me that there will be a new Castle line next year, so, there's that.

Hi,

Did anyone hear about a new theme called "Space knights"?
My local retailer told me about this new Space theme to come in 2016.
It will play in a far away  Century, no more details Right now...

What do you think about it?

Greetings.   Hendrik 

Oh, and this job listing on Lego's website also hints heavily at a new theme:

http://www.lego.com/en-us/careers/jobdescriptionpage?title=Digital+Art+Director+for+our+next+big+product+launch&id=52886227

Are you a visually creative Digital Art Director who can communicate funny, interesting and cool stories? Would you like to manage and execute highly conceptual and creative campaigns for a brand new play universe from the LEGO Group?

We are launching a new home grown line of toys aimed at boys.

So yeah, I'm pretty persuaded. What do y'all think?

• Like 1

I've sent an application form to TLG, mainly to see what the theme is...

...oh wait, they rejected me for being too young.

Screw it.

In all seriousness though, what could the theme be? It can't be ninja-based, because we've had that already, and for quite a while too (thanks to the LEGO Group giving the theme too much CPR), but "Space Knights" sounds, well, an interesting, if not odd, combination.

Edited by Ben24x7

A Space Knights theme sounds interesting and i would not mind getting some sets from it.

Edited by Xsizter

These two books have appeared on Amazon, listed for "LEGO Big Bang". If you didn't know, a big bang theme is the theme that gets the most advertising and promotion for that year, and not the name of the theme itself. Anyways, here's the descriptions for both of them:

This guide will include info about the heroes, villains, vehicles, and locations from the top secret, NEW LEGO brand!

An activity book featuring the heroes, villains, vehicles, and locations from the top secret, NEW LEGO brand! With minifgure!

Now I'm 99.9% sure that those rumors are true... 

Space-Fantasy Castle theme? With a TV show?!? Yes!!! That sounds very fun and interesting, and I really hope that turns out to be a thing.

Also, I keep thinking of the Lego Universe Sentinel Faction Kits whenever I hear "Space Knights". If they look anything like those I'll be pleased.

I guess this means Ninjago's TV show might be taking a break or slowdown next year? Last time I think it was because Ninjago was supposed to have ended its 3-year-lifespan but it had become more popular than expected so they had to rush to design more sets, resulting in the lack of any summer 2013 sets and an 8-episode (rather than 13) season in 2014, during which Chima had its 2nd and 3rd seasons. By the time 2015 came along, however, Chima's TV show had already ended, having had a double-size Season 1, a half-size Season 2, and an average-size Season 3. Ninjago has now had 2 seasons this year, both with 10 episodes each. We know Ninjago isn't ending any time soon, though, so I guess we'll have to wait and see if we wind up with 2 large Lego TV shows with a large amount of episodes or if one gets a lesser amount of episodes. Actually, the switch to 10-episode seasons might actually have come in place BECAUSE there's going to be another TV show eating up some of the budget.

Dazzgracefulmoon

I'm also getting a Sentinel vibe from the Space Knights theme, and I think it's one of the more unique ideas we've seen from LEGO in a while.

Star Wars winter lineup:

Microfighters
TFA set
TFA set
Rebels AT-DP
Rebels The Ghost
Rebels Tie Advanced Prototype
Rebels Wookie Gunship

Regular lineup
Hoth Attack
Bespin Carbon Freezing Chamber
Droid Escape Pod
Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor
Battlefront Battle Pack 1
Battlefront Battle Pack 2

The Force Awakens

Hero Battle Pack
Villain Battle Pack
Battle on Takodana
The Pirate Transport

Source:
Groove Bricks

Edited by Pereki
  • Like 1

community.brickpicker.com/topic/14669-possible-2016-set-list/

reads like an incomplete copypasta from some technical internal document. Lots of stuff to look through. Is that a new 'Display Team' theme I spot?

• Like 1

The 'Ultimate' sets look to be constraction models of the characters, a la the Chima ultrabuilds, or, perhaps more potently, the Knight's Kingdom action figures.

And its legit exciting that there are three names of the four from the presumed main cast that can work as girl names. I'm not supposing LEGO would go so far to make three out of four girls, but it looks like there will be at least one (Macy doesn't seem like a boy name, and lol nice pun) and if we're really lucky maybe two.

Edited by Pereki

I'm excited!!! It sounds like this theme is gonna be fun, and that there's even going to be Constraction sets is really neat!

Dazzgracefulmoon

This sounds like it's gonna be amazing! I can't wait to see what the theme becomes.

Dang, that's a sweet logo. It's a shame that it doesn't look very steampunk-y, but other than that I really like it. The subtle inclusion of a 2x4 brick in the shield design is a nice touch too.

• 1 month later...

More stuff about Nexo Knights has been leaking. One guy has pics of the catalog and instead of leaking them has drawn his own renditions of the pictures - they give a pretty good idea of what to expect. Apparently some of the sets come with evil (?) robot knights that have the Black Falcons logo on their chest.

And in other news, the Ghostbuster Firehouse is going to be a D2C next year.

Edited by Pereki
  • Like 1

And so it begins.

Those are definitely Black Falcon logos on the bots. Someone tell Krysto they're using the Ice Planet color scheme

That castle in the background is very Morica-esque.

Edited by Pereki

ProfessorBrickkeeper

The theme looks weird. Like, super weird. Like, absolutely, totally, absolutely bonkers. I'll be buying it for parts, no doubt.

• Like 1

• lol username featured this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.