Well... Hey

Lair

Never thought I'd be doing this again... it's been, what, six years and a month since I made my original introductory topic way back when?

Obviously I'm not exactly a new member. I mean, come on, I haven't posted here in almost two years and I still have the highest post count on the entire board by over a thousand posts. Probably have one of the oldest "active" accounts too (counting Zetaboards); from what I can tell it seems like there's only about four people who've been here longer that still appear to be semi-active, and one of them's the founder.

But, well, it's been so long since I had any contact with most of you (and probably not good contact at that) that I might as well be a new member here. Even during the last year I spent on here things were changing, and I can't imagine what's different since then. Any big events on RRU? Or in the lives of anyone here? Any new pioneering into game modding? Any old games become forgotten about (let's face is, Rock Raiders modding was dying two years ago and is probably completely dead now, sadly)? Has DDI actually started doing something (probably not)?

I don't know. I guess, as I said in the blog post, I wish I'd never acted so stupid and rash. Even though a number of people seem glad to have me back, I know nothing's gonna be the same. And I mean, things never are, and that's fine - what would life be if the world was static? But, well. changing with the community is one thing. Old relationships fade, new ones grow, life goes on, that's just how it is. Those changes may be happy or sad, but they're gradual, and you learn to live with them usually. But dropping off the face of the earth and then having to take in all that change at once is, well, scary, I guess. And it's my own damn fault I know but I've said that enough times and I'm sure you're all tired of the self-depreciation. I guess that's why it took me so long to finally face up to my deeds (ironically making it worse for myself), and then another three weeks to finally make an actual post after everyone had already said everything they needed to say.

Anyway... I guess I'm back now, for better or worse. I don't even know what I'd say or do here now... guess that's why I posted this. Sorry if this seems a little redundant after the blog; I had intended for it to be less apologetic, but oh well. And sorry if I rambled on and on a lot, I guess I'm nervous and I ramble when I'm nervous or something idk.

thank you,

-- Lai

Well...   ...welcome (back) to RRU, I'm sure some members will be pleased to see you finally come.

I had a couple of jokes I would've used here, but I, personally, feel this comeback is more neutral than "open for jokes".

...I've got a good (maybe) song to fit this return;

Edited by Ben24x7

Shadowblaze

Hello, Lair, and welcome to RRU! ;P

Any big events on RRU? Or in the lives of anyone here? Any new pioneering into game modding? Any old games become forgotten about (let's face is, Rock Raiders modding was dying two years ago and is probably completely dead now, sadly)? Has DDI actually started doing something (probably not)?

So, well, progress in modding was made, a lot of people have joined, some have left, JamesBrick happened... your usual RRU stuff.

DDI wanted to make a RR2, but we haven't got any news from them since Halloween.

Frosting megachugs.

It's good to have you back, brother. I missed our little rants on whether the LegoRR music was actually music or not.

There's been a lot; the big thing is DDI's new "revival" project of LegoRR. It's...a mixed bag.

I'm not sure what you mean by acting "stupid". I recall you being the same, normal point of sensibility from the day I joined to the day you disappeared. Either way, welcome back.

• Like 3

Welcome back to RRU! It's great to have another classic member back on here, especially one that was a pillar of the community like you.

You will be glad to know that no toilets have been busted in your absence and that you may recommence your activities as before

Fluffy Cupcake

Hey you, welcome back! Waffle? :wffl:

You will be glad to know that no toilets have been busted in your absence

Then why is there a lake of water on the floor?

Hey you, welcome back! Waffle? :wffl:

You will be glad to know that no toilets have been busted in your absence

Then why is there a lake of water on the floor?

Oh...

...well...

...there has been less toilet busting, maybe?

Welcome back, sir Lair! I'm so pleased to see you return, I was afraid you weren't coming back and you were such an epic (in the true meaning of the word, not casually) member of RRU.

In addition to what others have mentioned, LEGO Racers has actually had a fair bit of modding done. Perhaps not many actual mods have been released, but a lot of progress has been made into various aspects of its modding.

Floor 404 has yet to be found/accessed since your departure, but the daemon incursion has been dealt with at least. Energy Crystals are no longer freely given out to new members however, due to some vandal splattering the Recharge Seams with infopoops.

I will proceed to watch you intently and read with extreme dedication every single post you make over the coming weeks. It's great to have you back!

Fluffy Cupcake

Beyond that they have asked fans to make everything.

So pretty much the same as all those other generic 'I have an idea, and I want the rest of the RRU community to make a game with it' things that have been popping up a lot lately.

DDI, I am disappointed.

Their ideas so far have been 'it will be like minecraft'.

With LEGO Worlds in development, I really doubt for sure it will fly now.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

At the time you left, I had only recently become a regular participant in the community, but am happy to see your return never the less. You seem to have been sincere with all your apologies, and I believe the community has accepted them. Anyways, we're all happy to see you back, and we'll definitely help fill you in on what happened while you were gone.

Ohai Lair. Weclome back. I'm sorry I didn't comment on the blog entry you made but I really didn't know what to say or how to say it. I guess now that we're reacquainting on a more casual note and the notion of you returning has had time to churn through my head, I feel like saying something.

And as for the changes to the forum, well lessee. Well, I guess status updates got neutered, we have moods now, we lost awards... again. People who were complete newbies at the time of your departure are now regulars. Jamesster is now a mod. Oh and also Tt is trying to make Not-Minecraft and Not-Skylanders at the same time and both are actually kinda cool.

(I was gonna write a list humorously recapping stuff that happened on the forum but it was taking entirely too long to write and wasn't particularly funny. And I'd rather just get this posted already.)

• Like 2

eagleeyedan

Nice to see you again Lair! You probably have no idea who I am though seeing as I was but a lurker here in those years, mostly focused on MLNteam and the LMB's.

You said that nothing was going to be the same? Well, surprise surprise... while you were on hiatus, I returned. :P I guess some things change and others stay the same.

Anyway, it's good to have you back, Lair.

It's surreal having you here. I always knew you as a sort of legend, whose name was whispered in the dark. And here you are in the, well, "flesh" doesn't work. but you get the idea.

Fluffy Cupcake

Hmm. Imagine if we were just as welcoming to newcomers as we are to oldcomers.

All the welcome topics we have with the equivalent amount of posts or more is because the OP actually responded several times. Not the case here however.

Thank you all of you so much, I forgot what a great place this site could be and I'm sorry I've been kinda shy about responding or interacting much. But thank you.

If anyone want to talk with me outside of RRU, I still use skype and I use steam too sometimes. My handle on both places is raidwhale now. Sorry for the sudden shift... but I don't even remember how to get into my old skype account, oops. And, well, I know that a few of you already found my new skype account some time back and tried to contact me there, and I sorta ignored you back then or tried to hide... and I'm so sorry for doing that. Please don't take how I felt then as an indication of how I feel now, I made a huge mistake back then. I'm sorry. plus i kinda lost some of that contact info oops

Well I'd be glad to get in touch on skype but I think you might have to unblock me first I can't remember. Imma send a contact request and hope it gets through.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.