How I Think Pm's And Rr's.

Shadow322

We all know that LEGO first came out with Rock Raiders, and we are all fans of it, and it is the main reason for this site.

In the last, like year, LEGO came out with Poer Miners, and we all felt it was like a remake of RR because it stole the theme and stuff, and so we all hated PM.

Now I felt the same way about PM, but then I thought of something, what if RR and PM are connected somehow, what if Power Miners is like a prequel to Rock Raiders.

What if after the Power Miners finished mineing Earth of its Ecergy Crystals, they needed more after there suplys were running out, they turned the company that use to be the Power Miners, into the Rock Raiders, so they built the LMS and went into space to look for more crystals, and when they got the a sertain point on their trip, they went into the worm hole and were in the planet U galaxy.

And that is how I look at it, please tell me what you think about it.

There are no links between Rock Raiders and Power Miners. All the links you think there are, are simply in your imagination. Power Miners is simply Lego trying to sell an ugly clone of RR to make money, no more, just less.

Well, think of it this way:

1. Why don't we like Power Miners?

2. Do we even have a good reason?

3. And what is the reason to Power Miners?

1. & 2. It uses the same theme (and some names) from Rock Raiders and all the PM fans say Rock Raiders is old and old things suck. (They say the same about Mars, Thunder, and Agents)(sorry I could not remember there full names)

3. PMs is about a group of miners that mine into the LEGO planet with vehicles like the "Chrome Crusher" and Thunder Driller and find "Energy Crystals" and strange trash can shaped/sized "Rock Monsters" that attack them.

Also: "Chrome Crusher", "Energy Crystals", and "Rock Monsters" are 3 other reasons we don't like them.

A better post could not have been made by Matt him self

1. & 2. It uses the same theme (and some names) from Rock Raiders and all the PM fans say Rock Raiders is old and old things suck. (They say the same about Mars, Thunder, and Agents)(sorry I could not remember there full names)

3. PMs is about a group of miners that mine into the LEGO planet with vehicles like the "Chrome Crusher" and Thunder Driller and find "Energy Crystals" and strange trash can shaped/sized "Rock Monsters" that attack them.

Also: "Chrome Crusher", "Energy Crystals", and "Rock Monsters" are 3 other reasons we don't like them.

A better post could not have been made by Matt him self

Your 1&2: Agreed, but it's also because lego made PMs fugly

Your 3: I think you misunderstood the question (no, this is not a flame, for once :P). My answer:

Lego are making an ugly, uncreative remake of RR just to make more money.

TheEPICtrainrider

In my opinion, Power Miners are the cousin of Rock Raiders, sure they have some similarities but they are really different. Power Miners are more or less Lego's attempt to bring a old money maker back without bringing it back.

Lego are making an ugly, uncreative remake of RR just to make more money.

Dodge is making an ugly, uncreative remake of the Challenger just to make more money.

Ford is making an ugly, uncreative remake of the Mustang (for the billionth time) just to make more money.

Businesses everywhere are making ugly, uncreative remakes of anything that was mildly successful just to make more money.

This is getting off topic, you people are just to stuburn to change your opinien about Power Miners and Rock Raiders, at least Eagle agrees with me, atleast he's a friend.

TheEPICtrainrider

This is getting off topic, you people are just to stubborn to change your opinion about Power Miners and Rock Raiders, at least Eagle agrees with me, atleast he's a friend.

By that logic, everyone who disagrees with you isn't your friend, we're just announcing our opinions, just like you. No harm is meant.

Retsnom Kcor

My opinion of PM changed over time:

When I first saw them- These are dumb

When I got a few- These aren't too bad

When the second wave came out- wow, these really are dumb

Well, think of it this way: Why don't we like Power Miners? Do we even have a good reason? And what is the reason to Power Miners?

1&2.)the 'trash can rock monsters' are a disgrace to the name Rock Monster, the colors scare me, the name 'Granite Grinder' was given to a small tracked vehicle with a thinga-ma-jig on the front and a bucket on a chain, really sad story (A team goes underground to discover the source of rumblings and finds little trash can monsters, then they get attacked by larger monsters, then the crystal king attacks them, then they fall through the ground into a volcano and meet little flaming trash cans), Overused dynamite shooter

3.____________

And if PM gets ice monsters at some point, I shalt be angered.

Retsnom Kcor

Then again, the real reason we dislike is probably the same as Adventurers fans not liking Indiana Jones. We just don't like to see a theme we liked remade (even though Indiana Jones came out 18 years before Adventurers) but with differences to them. So really, it's changes we don't like to see. To be honest, Power Miners might actually be better than Rock Raiders, but we're just to stuck on RR to realize it.

And to clarify the Adventurers and Indiana Jones thing, I am a fan of both themes, so don't accuse me of favoring Indiana Jones

To be honest, Power Miners might actually be better than Rock Raiders, but we're just to stuck on RR to realize it.

Because squirting water at flaming trashcans is leagues better than shooting them with lasers that are the size of a small car (in Lego scale).

To be fair, the largest vehicle RR has is the Chrome Crusher with the Tunnel Transport trailing just behind, and PM gets huge mobile fortresses. Though bigger is not always better, especially in a cavern, the larger models are decently designed. Just replace all of the snot green pieces with grey ones and you're good to go.

Now I just think about it: Who cares.

This is a site about Rock Raiders, not Power Miners.

So I suggest to stop bickering about them.

Power Miners fans are flaming Rock Raiders? So what. It is not worthy to spend my time retaliating. Same thing like nu-metal, gothic, punk, Micro$oft, @pple flaming.

• 3 weeks later...

Reasons we don't like PM:

- The color scheme is shiz. I mean really, green and orange and blue?

- Trashcan rock monsters are a disgrace.

- Capture and study rock monsters? Wow.

- Cheap sets to make LEGO® more money for 10 piece sets (Yes, some 7 dollar sets are 10 pieces. Dammit, LEGO®, this ain't DUPLO.)

Reasons they don't like RR:

- Color scheme is too dull and needs to be more energetic

- The large rock monsters are dumb and just hurt people

- Violence is not the answer, let scientific research figure out solutions

- Oldness.

- Too complicated for little kids to understand.

Both sides have decent arguements in this. Personally, I'm all for RR, however.

...Rockraiderize PM? Well... Damn. Some of the PM things (the large sets, not tiny pieces of BS) might actually look good RR'd. That is, all 2x2 slopes become caution slopes, caution arcs, RR wheels, RR drills etc.

- Cheap sets to make LEGO® more money for 10 piece sets (Yes, some 7 dollar sets are 10 pieces. Dammit, LEGO®, this ain't DUPLO.)

- Too complicated for little kids to understand.

1) Really? The smallest PM set I got was the motorcycle with the sawblades on the front wheel. If it's not an inconvenience, could you give us a name or a link to the set in question?

2) Subjective. Rock Raiders came out when I was nine and I played it when I was ten, roughly. I don't remember how far I got, but I'm pretty sure I got to Frozen Frenzy. Oh wait, you mean the sets... well, how are the sets too complicated? Okay, the Loader Dozer had the chain that lifted the bucket, and... the Granite Grinder has those legs... but really, they give you instruction booklets with Legos, so there's no real difficulty involved. Now, the inspiration models that they don't put on the backs of the boxes/instruction booklets anymore are the real challenges. Though PM does have some, they look like clusterfarted abominations that should never have seen the light of day, and some (like EXO-Farce) even have instructions online, which defeats the whole purpose of inspirational models.

There are two reasons why I still have the instruction booklets for a bunch of my old Legos. One, I hardly keep any of the original models together because I continually build new things to figure out new ways to put bricks together so I just put them aside in case I want to build them again, and two, the nostalgia value of recreating the Formula 1 carrier from the mid-90's after finding the booklet in the attic is magnitudes greater than any dumb OoT fanboy could ever hope to experience. I only ever had one RR set, but I looked at the in-game models and created some of the vehicles from there. Now I have a Hover Scout, a Small Digger, a Small Transport Truck, a Teleport Pad, and a Tool Store that I've never owned before.

Man I got off track. Oh, here's something on-topic. I only have one PM set together in a relatively unmodified state, the not-Granite Grinder. I traded the treads for wheels so I could complete my camo halftrack, and I made a custom drill for it that rotates. The only reason it's not a bunch of pieces in a box is because it resembles a Bobcat, which is totally win. In comparison, I have 4-ish RR sets together and a little playset in the ice environment for them, complete with dynamite, laser and pusher beams, and construction gates that aren't complete.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.