Toying with minifigs

lol username

lol username

I was bored last night and wanted to see what a couple minifigures I'd had sitting around in my head for ages might look like in practice. Usually I just build them IRL (example: my avatar), but these involve custom printing and I CBA to work with decals right now. Plus they were designed in the context of gamey things to begin with, so I just threw them together in Unity with whatever I had access to.

The minifigure model is Hollis's as I didn't have a bendy minifig of my own on hand (except for the head, which is mine as his was set up for some funky face animation stuff and I prefer my own UVs anyway). Accessory models are ripped from LU/LDD. Textures are my own except for the Commodore's jacket, which is ripped from Return to Blockland 1.045. The engineer's turret is one of Alcom's LDD models run through bartvbl's OBJ converter. The materials just use the Unity standard shader with the desired colors/textures slapped on, because I'm all artsy like that. Also, LU style blob shadows because nobody wants to deal with realtime shadow artifacts at 4 AM. It's not lazy; it's stylistic and efficient.

BpWuFu9.png

Om7Dksw.png

• 5 months later...

in case anybody wants the full resolution of this, here ya go

there's still stuff I'd tweak but unity's being dumb and it's not worth the hassle

my own models + official models for the accessories, torso texture is the same source as last time, head texture is mine but the eyebrow and mouth are edited from LU, background is edited from one of these > http://vonbrunk.tumblr.com/spacebackgrounds

large.56b270ccc3c93_Avatarfullres.png.d4

Edited by jamesster
updated image

• 2 months later...
lol username

whipped this up tonight, I think I'm slowly settling on the finer details of this guy - the background is from LU, the cutlass is from LU/LDD, the rest is the same as before

large.56f02d1dc4e5d_CommodoreAvatar2.png

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.