Character Textures

Pollywanna

I've been lurking on these forums for a while now, and I've seen a few of the neat developments with the extraction tools that have been created for LEGO Island, but they all seem to be focused on the SI files; the character textures and 3D models seem to be located in the various DTA files, and there are references to .gifs in the WORLD.WDB file. I guess I'm trying to ask if anyone has managed to crack these open? Or even identify the format? I've taken a look at the file header and I can't find any info about it anywhere, it's really quite frustrating. The guy that worked on the DLL a while back also found references to the various character textures in there, I wonder if there was any info on the file formats too.

So far, I don't think anyone has attempted to extract from the DTA files, or the WORLD.WDB file.

Also, when I looked into the DLL back then, I haven't seen anything about those formats, but then again, at that time, I was only interested in what models and textures could be swapped around.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.