getting the original [AI] models

Rock Monster

Hi, I have successfully managed to obtain the AI’s original chassis as many others have previously accomplished, except the wheels are still missing. I was just wondering if anybody has now determined how to obtain the AI models in their entirety, including the wheels. I have attempted to do this on several occasions via experimentation, but with no apparent results. Obviously, this is a very complicated and time-consuming task to have to undertake, but has anyone managed to achieve this without the game crashing? I understand that this is a relatively old topic, although I’m just interested to know if any further progress has been made on this. Thanks.   

• 1 year later...

Sluicer's instructions are a bit confusing and incomplete but I figured out the rest myself and got it to work. I can drive AI cars around now, so I have to thank him for that. However there are some problems I just can't seem to solve:

1. Removing the original chassis - I don't really understand LEB files too much. All I could do is replace the chassis with one of the bricks and move it into a place where it is really hard to see. How do I remove the chassis completely? Alternatively, is there a way to enable the NCHSSS cheat only for yourself and not the AI?

2. Size of the models - most of the car models are fine but KKCM and RRCM have a different scale for some reason, so when you attach them to the wheels either the car model is too big or the wheels are too small. Is there a way to make the wheels a different size from the body?

3. Animations - it seems a bit weird when the driver bounces around while the car itself stays in place. Same goes for the turbo when you use it. Is there a way to disable the animations?

4. And of course, when you add any bricks to the chassis you have edited, it looks absolutely horrible. The cars built before the edit are completely ruined, but I guess that is acceptable considering there is no other known way to make AI cars driveable. I can just switch the files around when I want to drive my old cars.

I understand that this forum and especially this thread don't seem to be active too much, but if someone with the skills and/or knowledge to solve my problems ever sees this post I'd love to see the answer no matter when it comes. It may help others with the same issue as well.

Edited by MSC-04
Found a better way to replace the chassis

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, you were able to obtain the full AI model for the player?  Wow, I'm quite curious on how you were able to accomplish that and how it looks in-game.

6 hours ago, Zri said:

Wait, you were able to obtain the full AI model for the player?  Wow, I'm quite curious on how you were able to accomplish that and how it looks in-game.

I managed to recreate what Sluicer did by manually joining the GDB, MDB and TDB files and editing the "Indices Meta" part of the GDB. It's kind of tedious and there must be an easier way to do it, but it's the only way I know. I'm kind of busy right now but when I get some free time I can describe it in more detail or maybe do a tutorial video or something.

In game it looks like this: 

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/10/2021 at 4:02 PM, MaxxRacer said:

What's the difference exactly? between both KK car's ?

Shading differences mostly. It's purely aesthetic but I think it looks better

Jack Bluebeard

if you mean between CPU and player, all player made cars look kinda bad because of the shading being too dark from behind, in KK's case it's particularly worse as the thing is dark gray instead of light gray, to solve this myself for now I rebuilt the car with white bricks, looks fine from behind and from the front but ye, not the real thing

Also did anyone do a program to merge GDBs? I tried joining them manually but no positive results...

EDIT: I got something

large.1768485265_LEGORacers13_02_202120_16_06.png.233f07e9426cd88da1306db4fefc59ac.pnglarge.1230733041_LEGORacers13_02_202120_14_52.png.0ba6d458448a14356a9252278c1f152f.png

... and it's beautiful

4 hours ago, Jack Bluebeard said:

Also did anyone do a program to merge GDBs? I tried joining them manually but no positive results...

I've had (relative) success joining the GDBs manually and I thought about making a tutorial, but it's a lengthy and annoying process and describing it would require a wall of text, so I thought it would be better to wait for someone more skilled to make a tool for it. Unfortunately it looks like such a tool won't come anytime soon because hardly anyone is interested in this.

I have already merged almost all of the AI car models with the player wheel models though, so I could share my files if someone is interested (and if I manage to find them).

Jack Bluebeard

Hello, yeh meanwhile I figured out how to do it, I'm so damn disappointed that you can't do it for KK's that was the whole point of the thing :(

Also hey how did you get rid of the chassis in the LEB files? I just reassigned them to a random brick but when you're flying it shows up and it's kinda ugly

On 2/15/2021 at 3:48 PM, Jack Bluebeard said:

Also hey how did you get rid of the chassis in the LEB files? I just reassigned them to a random brick but when you're flying it shows up and it's kinda ugly

I've done the same thing if I remember correctly, but I made it so the brick is inside the car. If you look at the video I posted above, you can see it clip through the blue brick on the left side of the car.

Jack Bluebeard
23 hours ago, MSC-04 said:

I've done the same thing if I remember correctly, but I made it so the brick is inside the car. If you look at the video I posted above, you can see it clip through the blue brick on the left side of the car.

oh yeh how did you do that? I don't really know how to change where bricks are positioned

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.