getting the original [AI] models

Hey Guys,

so i already read much about how to swap the models, but not the wheels.

but the topic was a bit old and i hope that you guys have made a good progress how to completely swap the models with the AI models.

i read something about to swap KKCM... with KKJMW.. but it didn't worked for me.

So, are they new informations how to swap it completely? Because i love the AI models, the other models looks horrible.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

If you mean making the player's KK car use the AI's KK car, I don't think it's as easy as file swapping but I can't say that for certain. I haven't messed around with LR for a while, but quick-building AI cars builds them using the builder's own parts library, right? In which case, you'd need to actually remodel each individual part to be more like the original. Doable, but by no means easy.

Also, welcome to the forum!

i've seen in an older topic that someone has swapped the KKCM files with the KKJMW files, but didn't get the wheels.

here: http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/3849-king-kahuka-demo-car/

I guess you know much more about modding LR than me :D 

So maybe you can read a bit from the post, and can help me how do i even get the AI models like in CaptainGolem's post. :)

Edited by Newbie

As I said, I haven't touched modding in this game for a while so what I'm saying may not be accurate. To be honest I don't understand how CaptainGolem did what he did there, as to do so he'd have to have swapped an entire AI's car model with a player's car model - but as aforementioned, player cars aren't a whole model, they are made up of many individual parts. Jamesster explains it better here.

If you can find out which files CaptainGolem was replacing, perhaps we can revisit his previous attempt and fix the incorrect positioning/lack of wheels, as we know a bit more about GDB files now.

he said that he swapped the KKCM files with the KKJMW files, but it doesn't work.

and it doesn't make any difference if i swap the KKCM with KKJMW or any other files, it looks always the same, so i wondering what files he actually used to swap the models.

and the models are ALL in CHASSIS.CMB and as far as i know there is no way to open it, at the momemt, so it's really tricky. :D

Edited by Newbie

There is a KKCM.GDB (the AI chassis) and a KKJMW.GDB (the AI tires) in GAMEDATA\COMMON.
There is a KKJMW.GDB (the tires for custom cars build with KK-chassis) in MENUDATA\PIECEDB.
The chassis for building is in the LPIECEHI.LEB or LPIECELO.LEB.

So, I think he took the KKCM.GDB from GAMEDATA\COMMON and replaced the
KKJMW.GDB in MENUDATA\PIECEDB with it. If you will drive with a builded
car that uses the KK-chassis the tires will be replaced by the AI chassis. The
AI chassis will hide the KK-chassis. But the tires are gone.

I did not test that!

It might work to join KKCM.GDB from GAMEDATA\COMMON with KKJMW.GDB from
MENUDATA\PIECEDB.

That can work maybe! But I'm getting an error while starting LR. :(

And I totally forgot to recompile the LEGO.JAM, my bad! :D (I'm new to this :P )

EDIT: So, I've tested to swap KKCM with KKJMW that are both in GAMEDATA/COMMON, and it works! But the wheels are still missing.

And the game crashes if I try to drive against KK, because I'm using the same model (I guess :P ) 

Edited by Newbie

If you want to drive against the boss, that is using the same model [AI] you just have to delete the ...JMW files (from the boss) , then you copy ALL ...CM files (from the boss) and rename them to ...JMW. The AI boss doesn't have wheels then. 

Edited by Newbie

• 2 weeks later...

This is really an interesting experiment. CaptainGolem made a great discovery!

It might work to join KKCM.GDB from GAMEDATA\COMMON with KKJMW.GDB from MENUDATA\PIECEDB.

It is possible to join the files. But you will need one for the GAMEDATA\COMMON and a different one for MENUDATA\PIECEDB folder:

large.CR1.png.726b4421f338395182735a9142

large.CR2.png.b143f1ef53e86c987cfff10d16

You can see parts of the building chassis. But that could be removed if we edit the corresponding LEB files.

I will try to use my HQ version of the car next.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
CaptainGolem
On 28. 6. 2015 at 0:01 AM, Sluicer said:

It is possible to join the files. But you will need one for the GAMEDATA\COMMON and a different one for MENUDATA\PIECEDB folder:

*screenshots*

You can see parts of the building chassis. But that could be removed if we edit the corresponding LEB files.

I am glad that my messing around was useful. Your last post about this was quite a long time ago, but playing with the NPC cars is something that I always wanted to do, so a tutorial on how to do what you did would be great.

• 1 month later...
Jack Bluebeard
On 28/6/2015 at 0:01 AM, Sluicer said:

*screenshots*

Sluicer can you do a tutorial to apply the model of NPC car to that of the player?

• 7 months later...

Maybe it would be possible to try and add wheels to GDB files by editing them through BinaryEditor.

Then after that just use the NCSSS cheat code.

4 minutes ago, DontUseYourRealNamep said:

Maybe it would be possible to try and wheels to GDB files by editing them through BinaryEditor.

Then after that just use the NCSSS cheat code.

https://gyazo.com/46850b6c2f0dd5d580191b3228c8ae55

Edited by DontUseYourRealNamep

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, Janemba said:

I clicked the link and it just takes me to a picture??

Yes,his link it's not correlated with the topic,however i am testing various thing to try to add wheels to ai's chassis that i swapped but it's not so simple.However i think we have to add some string codes to "DBJMW.GDB" in menudata/piecedb,indeed this is the player's basic car.It's very simple to obtain ai's original chassis but you haven't the wheels and this is so annoying.Unfortunately nobody answers here.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15.7.2015 at 3:43 PM, Jack Bluebeard said:

Oh my, someone got it finally! How did you make it?

I can not remember. I think it was something like this:

In the file GAMEDATA\COMMON\CRCM.GDB there is the AI chassis used during the races.
In the file GAMEDATA\COMMON\CRJMW.GDB there are the tires that are used for the cars that are build with the CR-building-chassis during the races.

I wrote a unit test that unites these files and writes the result in the GAMEDATA\COMMON\CRJMW.GDB. Something like:

[Test]
    public void TestUniteTwoGDB()
    {
      GDB gdb = new GDB(@"GAMEDATA\COMMON\CRJMW.GDB");
      GDB gdb2 = new GDB(@"GAMEDATA\COMMON\CRCM.GDB");

gdb.Read();
      gdb2.Read();

int voffset = gdb.vertices.Count;
      int ioffset = gdb.indices.Count;
      int moffset = gdb.MDB.materials.Count;

gdb.vertices.AddRange(gdb2.vertices);
      gdb.indices.AddRange(gdb2.indices);
      gdb.MDB.materials.AddRange(gdb2.MDB.materials);
      foreach (Mesh m in gdb2.meshes)
      {
        m.indexStart += ioffset;
        m.vertexStart += voffset;
        m.material += moffset;
        gdb.meshes.Add(m);
      }
      gdb.Write();
    }

This works because in the file GAMEDATA\COMMON\CRJMW.SDB there are luckiely defined three bones. One master (0) and one for the front axis (1)
and one for the rear axis (2).
Since the data from the CRCM file is connected to the bone id 0, it will be fixed and not rotate.

I also had to edit the CRCM.MDB and CRCM.TDB file. But I edited them manually.

When you now use a car that is based on the CR-building-chassis, it will be hidden by the data from the CRJMW.GDB file.

I can not be more specific because the game is not running, currently  :rf:

• Like 3

Giacomo1496
On 2/3/2017 at 11:14 PM, Sluicer said:

In the file GAMEDATA\COMMON\CRCM.GDB there is the AI chassis used during the races.
In the file GAMEDATA\COMMON\CRJMW.GDB there are the tires that are used for the cars that are build with the CR-building-chassis during the races.

I wrote a unit test that unites these files and writes the result in the GAMEDATA\COMMON\CRJMW.GDB. Something like:

[Test]
    {

gdb.Read();
      gdb2.Read();

{
        m.indexStart += ioffset;
        m.material += moffset;
        gdb.meshes.Add(m);
      }
      gdb.Write();
    }

This works because in the file GAMEDATA\COMMON\CRJMW.SDB there are luckiely defined three bones. One master (0) and one for the front axis (1)
Since the data from the CRCM file is connected to the bone id 0, it will be fixed and not rotate.

When you now use a car that is based on the CR-building-chassis, it will be hidden by the data from the CRJMW.GDB file.

Hi Sluicer,i added this code to crjmw.gdb in gamedata and i recompiled,the game start normally but i haven't results.

Giacomo1496
20 hours ago, Sluicer said:

I can not remember where I stopped. What happens if you use these file in GAMEDATA\COMMONS?

http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/473

Please check that all textures from the tdb file are available.

Or try to put the files in MENUDATA\PIECEDB

First i checked if i had all tdb files and i have,so in gamedata there is crcm.tdb,crjmw.tdb and crpelvis.tdb while in menudata there is only crjmw.tdb.

I copied your files in common and in piecedb and i recompiled and i got an error:"lrr_grill.bmp not found but this files doesn't exists in any lego folders.

I also tried to copy these only in common and it crash after loaded a map without error specification.

Giacomo1496

Ok,no problems,i hope in some good news ;).In the meanwhile i try too,for this and for the max driver license lenght.

• 8 months later...

So guys, I was wondering if anyone wanted to help me continue this Topic, try get the AI Models for sure, no wheels missing, no bugs, just there vehicles Pure as I know they're all one set! Anyone up for it?

Jack Bluebeard
On 2/3/2017 at 11:14 PM, Sluicer said:

[Test]
    {

gdb.Read();
      gdb2.Read();

{
        m.indexStart += ioffset;
        m.material += moffset;
        gdb.meshes.Add(m);
      }
      gdb.Write();
    }

THIS in a REAL progress! What program did you used?

I hope this will result in a mod soon (I really love CR and KK A.I. models) :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.