Sandwiches and the .cfg

aidenpons

There are some... interesting.. things about hunger and sandwiches in LRR. IDK how many of these are well-known, but they're interesting. I haven't tested what happens if you give any pf these properties to a non-raider... but I don't really want to know l405G.jpg

1) The manual "Feed Rock Raider" can only be clicked if the Hunger level is below 100. It will set the Hunger level to its maximum.

2) There is no icon to show that a raider's Hunger level is at, say, 150. It is still a full sandwich.

3) "NoAutoEat" does exactly what it says on the tin. It's a .cfg level property. Very useful in tutorials, where it's almost spammed.

4) There is a level at which a raider will go back to eat his sandwich. I've no clue what it is, but it's 10-20 ish. It is not a percentage of max hunger level (a.k.a health). I don't think this can be changed (a.k.a set to another number).

5) Each sandwich eaten at the Support Station increases the Hunger level by 25.

6) A raider will continue eating until he is at his max hunger level. He will do this, being unfazed by most things (if he's on Action Stations he won't be fazed of anything).

7) "EnergyDecayRate" (in the Enyclopedia) is almost certainly the rate at which the Hunger decays per second. I know it controls lowering hunger levels, but I'm not quite sure about the "per" bit. It probably can be set to a negative number, but there's no point in that. I don't know what happens if you add it to, say, a Rock Monster but I guess the answer will be "BOOM."

--- If you hate your raiders eating sandwiches, setting "EnergyDecayRate" to 0 is the best bet.

8) A raider's max hunger is determined by his health. There are several ways to increase health:

- Put a raider in the .ol and add a new line: "Health         1000" or whatever.

- Use a laser with a negative damage (either by Default Damage or "Pilot       -5" or whatever, both in WeaponTypes) and hit him with it

- (My favourite) Set HealthDecayRate to a negative number. This means the maximum sandwich level increases over time. This means less micro-managing in those three hour marathons.

9) High health and thus high hunger can be really really bad. This is because a raider's sandwich at the Support Station only increases it by 25, and if you have 2,000 to get from that... good luck!

10) However, if you see a raider running back to base thinking "FOOOD" you can grab him, tell him to feed himself manually, and voila!

11) Hunger has no noticeable effect on raider performance. (leastaways I haven't noticed it)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
RockRaiderWolf

11) Hunger has no noticeable effect on raider performance. (leastaways I haven't noticed it)

I don't know about that it seems to have a small effect to me. It seems to me if they have VERY low or even empty energy levels( starving) that they will stop for breaths more when carrying things back to base. Either that or when they have low health, (or maybe both.) I could be wrong of course. Anyways I will have to try out the things you mentioned.

I don't know about that it seems to have a small effect to me. It seems to me if they have VERY low or even empty energy levels( starving) that they will stop for breaths more when carrying things back to base. Either that or when they have low health, (or maybe both.) I could be wrong of course. Anyways I will have to try out the things you mentioned.

I've seen health has an effect on stopping rate, and I've also seen health decreases (or increases!) the maximum hunger a raider has. And I can't check very low energy levels easily, because they want to eat their sandwiches l405G.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.