Experiments with the game (Freedrome project)

Matsilagi

So, seeing that modding for this is dead, i decided to give it a try.

Im currently trying to make cars cross-compatible, nothing concrete yet, but i managed to get some results, i hope someone with more experience than me does more progress:

-CarType is defined via the EXE, not the TXT (changing it has no effect)

-Drag cars won't work outside the Drag mode (their handlings makes them fly everywhere, they also walk backwards and has the manual gear enforced)

-Offroad/Race cars works normally without any issues on other environments (Aside from drag, gear / start rules doesn't apply for them)

How did i manage to discover that? After tinkering with DEVELOPER.TXT, i found that if i change the CurrentCar value, it will enforce one of the game's cars, im still writing up a table, but those are the car's numbers

0 - Normal (No car Enforcing)
1 - G-Torq (Road)
2 - Pulse Concept (Road)
3 - Stealth Roadster (Road)
4 - Hornet (Road)
5 - G-Force Street (Road)
6 - G-Force (Road)
7 - Beach Crusher (Offroad)
8 - Crusher (Offorad)
9 - Raptor (Offroad)
10 - Raptor Stunt (Offroad)
11 - Dune Striker (Offroad)
12 - Tremor (Offroad)
13 - Grinder (Drag)
14 - Burner (Drag)
15 - The Behemoth (Drag)
16 - Tsunami Street (Drag)
17 - Mosquito (Drag)
18 - Burner Desert (Drag)

You can change it by modding the same TXT or using CheatEngine (CE method is easier)

First, search for CurrentCar (String), then, right click the result and select "Browse this memory region", after this, find the address 02A391D0 (Its usually at this address, keep looking around it at the same line incase it doesnt work at the first try), then change to one of the numbers, please note that changing this will change all the AI cars, and your playermodel (driver model) will be a AI bot (This was probably a debug code to test the cars).

All the A.I cars will be black (color, not entire black).

If someone can help me by getting the CarType working, this can be done with much ease (and without affecting the AI).

Hope this gets attention

Photo003.bmp

Edited by Matsilagi
Wrong name,durp

Fluffy Cupcake

Oh hey you. You were the guy talking to me on Steam two hours ago. :P Welcome!

Looks like my theory was completely wrong about the cars. Glad you were able to look more into it yourself!

As for the address, it is likely to be different by version, as there are known different versions of the game out there.

Mind stating a few details about your version? Aside from the two at the top in the topic of the post above, someone said they had both the DRM and the language select on theirs.

Oh hey you. You were the guy talking to me on Steam two hours ago. :P Welcome!

Looks like my theory was completely wrong about the cars. Glad you were able to look more into it yourself!

As for the address, it is likely to be different by version, as there are known different versions of the game out there.

Mind stating a few details about your version? Aside from the two at the top in the topic of the post above, someone said they had both the DRM and the language select on theirs.

Well, my version doesn't has the disk splash screen and i could run it wihout the CD just fine so, i guess its the non-drm one (funny enough, it says the date of my EXE is 11-31-2002, i dunno, why, some other files (readmes and stuff) are dated 23,30-10-2002. Im also running a downloaded ver since my CD copy was lost years ago.

About the address thingy, i bet its more or less on the same place, since its a GAMEDATA.GTC file, if not, some blocks later, after CurrentCar you will find it eventually. (i guess 12-20 blocks, or , 3 lines, usually the first or second column).

• 2 years later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Likely developer.cfg which is in the same folder as developer vars.txt file is the correct one, as that is where CurrentCar resides. I believe OP made a mistake.

• 1 year later...

any cheat engine files available for this? im still lost on this after a year of finding out how to do this

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.