Remaps

lol username

lol username

Prop/character remaps tell the game to replace a specific piece in a specific color in an LXFML with a prop or character.

In other words, you make a model in LDD, and certain pieces are replaced with minifigures or props or vehicles.

They're defined in STUFF\TERRAFORM\PROPSANDCHARSREMAPS.TXT. The syntax is explained at the start of the file:

// Syntax
// Remap
// {
// 	LegoID = ID of the lego piece we are remapping
//	LegoColor = color of the lego piece we are remapping
//	AddItem - adds an item
// 		Type = either prop or char
//		Target = target char/prop for this item. Ability or/and ThemeAppropriate override it
//		Weight = the spawn chance. All weights of a remap should amount to 1
//		ThemeAppropriate = spawn a char/prop from the current theme where the object would be placed
//		Ability = will choose randomly between all props/chars with this ability
// 	EndItem - closing tag
// }
// ThemeAppropriate and Ability can be mixed as well.

So for example, this:

Remap
{
	LegoID = 85863
	LegoColor = 21

AddItem
		Type = 'char'
		Target = 'SKELETON'
		Weight = 1.0
	EndItem
}

Means that any red microfigures (board game figures) in LDD models imported into the game (via modding or mods folder) will be replaced with skeletons in-game.

It's also worth noting that if you have an LDD model in the mods folder that has the same name as an internal LDD model, the game will actually load the internal model when you tell it to load the model in the mods folder.

There are also brick remaps at STUFF\TERRAFORM\MODELS\BRICKREMAPS. When the game loads a piece it doesn't support, it checks here for an LXFML with the desired part ID as the name. It then loads that LXFML in place of the brick.

In other words, they're assemblies of parts the game supports designed to look like/replace parts the game doesn't support, and the game will use them automatically.

Note that if you add any files here, you must also add them to INDEX.TXT, which lists all the LXFMLs in the folder.

• Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

Yeah, I kinda noticed that when I imported the one set in the game to LDD. I saw the two figs and was like: Oooooooh, so that's how they make certain minifigures spawn huh? Cool.

I had no idea where it was defined though, so thanks!

Neat! Imagine if you made a LDD file using 500 of a part not in Worlds, and then told the game to replace that part with skeletons. I can imagine that that would be a quick way of spawning in a horde of baddies. :P

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

lol username

Neat! Imagine if you made a LDD file using 500 of a part not in Worlds, and then told the game to replace that part with skeletons. I can imagine that that would be a quick way of spawning in a horde of baddies. :P

​That was the first thing I did. ;P There's a max amount of characters that can be on-screen at once though, if you try to go past that some will vanish and re-appear as needed.

kuVEJII.png

Anthony Lund

New here, but over on Steam I am the creator of Professor Prescotts Miraculous Spawners.  Through trial, error, research, and discussion I can tell you there are 4 colors of microfigures that will give you spawns.  (At least of the ones in LDD).  Red of course will give you skeletons, Gold will give you the Girl Minifigure, Silver will give you the Boy Minifigure, and Black will give you a random minifigure that varies depending on biome, it is also where the spawns of the Female Zombie, Female  Outlaw, Grey Wolf, and Black Wolf originally came from.  Of course jamesster is correct in telling you that these spawns cannot be used or added to collections.  But, it is nice when you want to spawn a whole ton of skeletons and then spawn some other minifigures to be chased by them.

As of now I haven't figured out any way to spawn any other figures or animals into the game in this fashion.  (The LDD import method).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.