Skeleton parts in character customization

lol username

lol username

In CHARS\COLLECTION.TXT, you might notice this line:

collect "Skeleton"          locked buy_in_shop  2500 customiser_parts customiser_ignore "Body Front" "Body Front" "Right Arm" "Right Hand" "Hips" "Right Leg"

If you remove the "customiser_ignore blah blah blah" stuff, you'll be able to select the skeleton parts in character customization... Well, except for the hands. For some reason I haven't found yet, those still don't show up in the hands menu. (There's no icon for them in ICONS\CUSTOMISERPARTS\ICONTPAGE_HANDS_NXG.TSH, but I doubt that's the reason - other parts without icons just use a default icon instead.)

There's a workaround - go to CHARS\MINIFIG\SKELETON\SKELETON.TXT, and remove or comment out this line:

Ability "DoNotShowInFullCustomiser"

You'll now be able to select the skeleton as a full minifig in the customizer - which sets the hands to be skeleton hands. You can then customize as you like. I gave him a beanie, put him on a skateboard, and now I've got Gnarly Bones/Bony Hawks from the LEGO Island games:

xOT3HQU.png

• 3 weeks later...
Yellowberry

The hands are actually there, they just look like normal yellow hands in the customizer. I noticed it on accident when I was trying to change my character and I got skeleton hands instead of yellow ones.

lol username

The hands are actually there, they just look like normal yellow hands in the customizer. I noticed it on accident when I was trying to change my character and I got skeleton hands instead of yellow ones.

This is strange - it seems the skeleton hands override the normal yellow hands. Just to make sure nothing else was conflicting, I started with unmodded files, and only removed the "customizer_ignore" stuff. Started new save files, found a skeleton in-game, unlocked him. This is what I got in character customization:

ZOCVEXp.png

The normal yellow hands are now skeleton hands.

I then bought the zombie, having found him earlier - his grey hands were added to the menu, but I still only had two options; yellow hands that were actually skeleton hands, and the zombie's grey hands.

FKPSfsx.png

I also bought more characters with yellow hands, but the only yellow hands in the menu still turned into skeleton hands. Go figure.

There are other characters in the game that have slightly different shades of yellow for their hands, perhaps if you have them unlocked you'll have both skeleton hands and normal yellow hands (albeit a slightly wrong shade of yellow) in the menu? I'm gonna check that now.

Edit: Yep!

HQHBcAY.png

7LuG2Q5.png

(Also, notice that white and brown also have two similar but not quite identical shades available to select.)

• Like 2

Yellowberry

Ah, that explains it. So it's just a slightly different color of yellow? I'm not sure anyone would notice because I sure didn't.

Edited by Yellowberry
Typo

• 1 month later...
DailyPoutine

I don't know what I did wrong. When I try to select the torso or arms, they appear as solid blue regular parts. For the legs, they only change the hue of the legs I'm currently wearing. Heres the script:

txt_file "Chars\TemplateCharacters\MinifigTemplate_standard"

//------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Character Specific Properties

icon_override "Skeleton"
name SKELETON
hit_points=2 

// Character Abilities
//

Ability "GenericAmbientCharacter"
Ability "PackHuntBehaviour"
Ability "SolidarityBehaviour"
Ability "PlayerTauntInteraction"
Ability "DiscoverableOnDestroyed"

// Walks on the seabed
Ability "DoNotSwim"
Ability "UnderwaterMovement"

// Player Items
clear_default_items
//default_item "Dynamite" always_got held

//

// Extra flags that should get turned into an ability at some point

// SFX

sfx_Hurt "Skeleton_Pain"
sfx_Die  "Skeleton_Die"
sfx_Doomed "Skeleton_Die"

And:

collect "Skeleton"          locked buy_in_shop  2500 customiser_parts 

lol username

That's weird. Everything works as usual for me, and I'm running a fresh install of the latest version of the game, without anything else modded.

DailyPoutine

Same. the only other things I did were editing vampire speed and giving male caveman a troll club.

Edit: I found the problem, it was because I was selecting parts instead of the full body.

Edited by DailyPoutine

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.