Game

Anonymouse

I'm programming a simple game, a side-scrolling game of some sort (no idea yet if it's to be a platformer/shooter/etc).

I'm writing it in python +pygame.

A show-off of my control system: (basically how smooth it is, wasn't expecting it to look this good when I programmed it)

EDIT: This looks strange when embedded, moves very jaggedly. If you see the same, just watch it directly on youtube @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6THThC7BIw .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6THThC7BIw

Right now, I'm trying to fix the code that loads and displays the levels, so soon I'll hopefully have implemented collisions and displaying the level surfaces.

Also, I'm in search of better graphics (a better stickman, up to 32x64 probably). It has to use only black and white (no shades of grey either), because I want to play around with that style of graphics. Thanks in advance to anyone who does have some info.

Oh, and if you want the source code so far, just PM me. I'll make a direct download + executable available when it's done.

Really, the video looks the same to me. Anyways here is a little thing I whipped up in 30 seconds.

DkQkv.jpg

Oh poo, its a JPG...Well, i'm sure you can find a way to fix that.

hmm... Thanks, that'd do well as a jumping sprite. Can you make the same one just smaller, and standing and a walk cycle too please? Thanks (if you bother ;P)

Someone's been watching their Jimmy Neutron...

Oh, wait, i have one:

azIzP.jpg

Yes i know they do suck, maybe that can be part of the game. The quest for higher resolution!

Someone's been watching their Jimmy Neutron...

Oh, wait, i have one:

azIzP.jpg

Yes i know they do suck, maybe that can be part of the game. The quest for higher resolution!

No no, it's good. I want a stickman, not an awesome-looking... something. xD

And the resolution is good, but can you post future ones in PNG please? Thanks for the help.

If you do make a walk cycle, please make it as a sequence of 3 or 4 PNGs, not a gif animation. Thanks :)

If you need a good idea on what you could do with the game is like this game here

N GAME

If I were you I would use this for ideas and not a concept

sorry I can't help with the stickman thing

Hmm...

A: It won't work, they only provide a 32-bit linux executable >_>

B: I don't think that's the style I had in mind, judging by the website.

Thanks anyway :)

EDIT: Oh, and I'm in germany now. I neglected to upload the source anywhere, so I won't be able to work on it until we come back >_>

So nobody can have the source ATM, because I myself have no access to it.

Hmm...

A: It won't work, they only provide a 32-bit linux executable >_>

B: I don't think that's the style I had in mind, judging by the website.

Thanks anyway :)

EDIT: Oh, and I'm in germany now. I neglected to upload the source anywhere, so I won't be able to work on it until we come back >_>

So nobody can have the source ATM, because I myself have no access to it.

I fail to see how that is a problem? ;)

No compatibility mode on linux?

At least on windows it can execute x86 exes on x64 machines....

You can't be serious...

It can execute them, but there are often library problems. Also, the executable references an outdated version of glib or something. An outdated version of some library, I forget.

Yes, my bad.

Anyway, I'll be able to continue working on it as soon as I get back to france. (I knew I should've uploaded it somewhere so I could continue working on it in Germany) >.<

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.