LEGO Worlds News And Discussion

Ayliffe

I can't get into the exact details on why we've done this

If said details aren't along the lines of "Sony wanted an exclusive so they offered WB Games a sack 'o money for one" then I'll be heavily surprised.

Also, UNICORNS

lol username

So the game launched today.

I've played about seven or eight hours today and I'm loving it. There's some stuff with the build tools, tutorials, and UI that could use some polish, but the underlying game... Man, so many moments where I just had a huge smile on my face, or just went "WHOA", and I've hardly scratched the surface. The new game structure is surprisingly good - previously, the game was mostly a matter of running around aimlessly until you found a treasure chest, where you'd get a random item. The worlds now starting smaller and gradually increasing in size has an unexpectedly strong benefit - you can explore them completely, and there's reason to want to do so with the new missions from NPCs and such everywhere. The rocket and galaxy map and how seamless going between worlds is makes it all feel like a cohesive universe you're exploring, which coupled with what I just said about the individual worlds, really gives the game a lot more life. You get into a cycle of exploring, doing stuff, getting gold bricks, blasting off to new worlds, then finding stuff there that you can bring back to worlds you've already been to and explore them more thoroughly... Previously the worlds in the game felt so disposable I usually deleted them regularly, now it feels like I'm exploring a whole galaxy and each world I've been to feels like an important part of it. I've played the game all day today but I wanna keep playing, and explore more places (I haven't even seen any towns or dungeons yet!), and find the Night Trader again and get more mysterious stuff from her, and oh man I'm gonna be playing this for a while...

Also. That screenshot with the forestman in the pirates rowboat. And all the screenshots with the forestman in the woods and by the castle ruins. This game has such a pure, classic, timeless LEGO feel to it and I love it.

9 hours ago, Terrev said:

This game has such a pure, classic, timeless LEGO feel to it and I love it.

Totally agree with everything here. Adding to this, I love the way it tells you what theme pieces are from when you discovering.

Actually, I guess it only does it with minifigures, but still. This game really feels LEGO, like The LEGO Movie or LEGO Universe. Just captures the wonder and creativity of it all.

I hope this game is success and so is the rerelease of LCU so we can get more non-licensed games.

Shame we won't get a racing game though because TT has the monopoly and they can't make them.

While all of us are just loving this and half a stud way from making a gush post...

.... the forums are aflame again.

Check this out - the Negative Reviews section. Most of the flame is around the fact that you now need 100 Gold Bricks to generate infinite worlds. Many people have pointed out that the big "Early Access" label exists for a reason, but they're met with the same response as before when TT did a "2-for-1" sale.

And it's confirmed - the Elimbiers have come over to buy LW and rant.

this game is so stupid i will never by anthoer lego product .!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys suck becuse you just made me lose all of my progres thanks a lot IDOTS!!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥S

On 10/03/2017 at 5:29 AM, aidenpons said:

While all of us are just loving this and half a stud way from making a gush post...

.... the forums are aflame again.

Check this out - the Negative Reviews section. Most of the flame is around the fact that you now need 100 Gold Bricks to generate infinite worlds. Many people have pointed out that the big "Early Access" label exists for a reason, but they're met with the same response as before when TT did a "2-for-1" sale.

I like how most of the negative reviews have spelling and grammar errors. Hmm... I wonder why... 

• Like 3

Well...

On 3/10/2017 at 6:29 PM, aidenpons said:

this game is so stupid i will never by anthoer lego product .!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys suck becuse you just made me lose all of my progres thanks a lot IDOTS!!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥S

0 out of 25 people (0%) found this review helpful

4 people found this review funny

xD

• 1 year later...

So... uhh... I guess we all expected this to happen eventually:

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-worlds-ending-soon/

"TT Games has announced that LEGO Worlds will be coming to an end in the near future but didn’t give a date of when. As a result, they have released their last DLC for free which includes all the showcased models from last year as well as sets, minifigures, and props."

Admittedly, I couldn't find TT Game's "announcement", so I'm not 100% sure where this information comes from (or if it's from a verified source), but still, if this is true, then we're approaching the final nail in the coffin for LEGO Worlds content updates.

"It’s sad to see the game go but at least you get to experience everything for free."

(Personally, I hate the way this article phrases the announcement as if LEGO Worlds is going to die/stop functioning once TT stops supporting the game, it's not like it's an always-online game for crying out loud)

• Sad 2

sad violin music

The way it's worded makes it sound like, as you say, it's an MMO that will be permanently shut down and forever gone.

But it's still gonna stick around in our Steam libraries 'n' stuff? Even when Lego LOTR and Lego The Hobbit just disappeared from retail stores (to no-one's great sadness, it seemed), they're still 100% playable if you still have them. (Not that I want to...)

Is local LAN also a possibility? I never checked out the MP function and dunno if turning off the official servers will mean no more MP ever.

Oh well - now, at last, the .dat format will be unchanged. Go get 'em, RRU! :P

7 hours ago, aidenpons said:

But it's still gonna stick around in our Steam libraries 'n' stuff?

Yep.

I predict that, since LEGO Worlds doesn't use licensed IPs, it'll stick around on virtual stores/platforms for quite a while (instead of being pulled down due to license expiration, like LOTR and The Hobbit).

Is local LAN also a possibility? I never checked out the MP function and dunno if turning off the official servers will mean no more MP ever.

From what I can tell, LEGO Worlds doesn't have servers for Multiplayer. I tried MP once and, if I recall correctly, it uses a Host/Join system which means one player hosts the server on their computer/network and thus the game doesn't need to connect to a central server (at least, I think that's how it works in the Steam/PC version, but I don't know if the console versions use the same system).

So yeah, hopefully MP functionality will remain intact (at least on PC).

Oh well - now, at last, the .dat format will be unchanged. Go get 'em, RRU! :P

It'll probably take a while for modding to pick up, but I'm excited to see what people can make once the files are cracked/editable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.