The "I acquired more LEGO" thread!

mumboking

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently started collecting MISB Johnny Thunder sets. I'm hoping to grab 5934 next.

EQjnIdb.jpg

The question I keep battling with is whether or not to open them...

• 1 month later...

I gots me a bonkle.
DSC_2068.jpg

DSC_2070.jpg

I corrected the backwards torso (or rather, rotated body parts) after I took those photos.

• Like 2

My camera has died (no surprise) but I managed to nab this (#7477) for a mere $76. Minifigures + copter included, some (about two) bricks with wrong colour, no T-Rex or flying pterosaur, but that's still not a bad haul for $76.

5842662397_3cbdaed655_o.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Technically, I got this set a few weeks back, but now that I'm done with my exams, I was able to assemble it today:

LEGO CITY - 60138

rQccSlF.jpg

The set contains a Police helicopter, a Police car, a Red sports car, an exclusive Chase McCain mini-figure in his new attire and (the main reason I decided to buy this set) a code I can enter into LEGO Worlds to unlock the Police Car in-game.

(Quick sidenote; I forgot how frustrating it was to tie a knot with the little LEGO string until today.)

Also, back when I bought the above set, I got this poly-bag for free;

LEGO CITY - 30352

66WzEor.jpg

XAF34yp.jpg

...it's alright I guess... although it looks like one of those little carts you see at airports.

Fluffy Cupcake

Oh right, I finally purchased a set after like a decade or so: 10243 - Persian Restaurant. My brother's Brick Bank can be seen in the back.

IMG_20170529_124624700.jpg

• 4 months later...

oh neat this forum remembers my drafted replies from  over half a year ago

52090331_Alt05?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

I can't get / be bothered to get (a mixture of both) a picture of it but snaffled this (Nexo Knights Heligoyle) at a bargain price of $15, about a third (?) of retail value. Contains no minifigures, no little jetpack, and no Nexo Powers, but a lot of nice purple bricks. Also contains no faces on the funny spiky balls that they drop. Otherwise complete, which is not bad at that price at all! The Heligoyle itself is complete, which is the important bit. I was not expecting this to contain that many bricks - it's a very dense set, even if its hind legs are inscrutably pathetic. Also contains two stud launchers (one on each claw). And a very interesting eye design... certainly not the piece I'd have chosen.

Will go nicely with my Viking dragon sets, I think.

I haven't got much since last time I posted in here.

UdwFxjt.jpg

hjKAjvv.jpg

(Actually got this for £20. Haven't bothered to check how complete this is yet. The manual has large sections of some of the pages torn out. D:)

• 3 weeks later...

DO7dYwAW4AAqjYW.jpg:large

Broke: Hunting desperately for Black Friday deals

Woke: Using Nectar Double-Up to get already-discounted sets for tuppence (or in this case, just a fiver)

• 2 weeks later...

and I'm just going to steal Brickset's picture because my phone does not like talking to my desktop

70702-1.jpg

A present from parents as a result of my Uni grades (A,A,A,A-,B+). Second-hand (so cheap; also acquired a long time before my grades came out) and only missing one barely noticeable black brick that I have all sorts of spares for.

The lack of flexibility in the tail annoys me... it's fixed like that... so are the arms... the only things you can move are that funny lower jaw thing (what even is that?) and the transparent neon green fin thingies at the back. (And you can rotate the red glass pieces, and as an encore the purple canister at the back will rotate on the axle it's mounted on. )

Meanwhile Mars Mission sets had a lot more degrees of freedom...

Round boi.
0TesLfx.jpg

But those aren't round boi parts...
i9SJKNU.jpg

Why is there a Kopaka Nuva (with missing parts) in here?
CKH85mf.jpg

Why are these parts in here?
S0ZcFUd.jpg

Oh, so round boi is in here, but also missing parts...
q5qQvZC.jpg

49 minutes ago, mumboking said:

Round boi.
<Snip>

But those aren't round boi parts...
<Snap>

Why is there a Kopaka Nuva (with missing parts) in here?
<Snop>

Why are these parts in here?
<Snup????

<Snep???>

Well, at least you get great value for money - 2x three-quarters of a Bionicle (= 1 1/2 Bionicles) plus some random Lego pieces, for a price that is lower than one Bionicle. large.OldTonguePNG_transparent.png.299864b6559440630e29f111b85cffe2.png

I'm surprised the elastic band is still there....

Only a couple of three-bars and one six-bar as far as I can see. Missing yes, rare, no, hard to replace, no way.

13 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Well, at least you get great value for money - 2x three-quarters of a Bionicle (= 1 1/2 Bionicles) plus some random Lego pieces, for a price that is lower than one Bionicle. large.OldTonguePNG_transparent.png.299864b6559440630e29f111b85cffe2.png

I'm surprised the elastic band is still there....

Only a couple of three-bars and one six-bar as far as I can see. Missing yes, rare, no, hard to replace, no way.

Looks like I'm missing the following pieces of Lehvak-Kal: 4519 (x5), 42074 (x1), 3706 (x1)

• 3 months later...

DXYq39RXUAEqvze.jpg

Hi I just bought a £20 set I don't particularly like just for this really neat exclusive art print how y'all doin

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.