LEGO Rock Raiders in Minecraft - Current Prototype [11/04/15]

Ben24x7

In the past couple of days, I've been doing some work on attempting to put LRR into Vanilla Minecraft. Wether if someone has done/attempted this before I haven't heard yet (apart from that someone made a Minecraft LRR mod).

Currently, the Prototype is somewhat playable, but maybe more on the expedition/exploration side rather than a fully functional LRR Low-Quality (no offense) Replica.

I've got a video demonstrating the concept and prototype at its current stage (with poor commentary) and will try to release it sometime soon but for now, here is a list of most of what I've done;

Walls, Floors, and Ceilings:

- Dirt { implemented }

- Loose Rock { implemented }

- Hard Rock { implemented, but needs working on** }

- Solid Rock { implemented }

- Reinforced Wall (all rock types) { implemented, but needs working on** }

- Energy Crystal/Ore Seams { implemented, but needs working on }

- Cavern Ceiling { implemented }

- Displaced Floor { implemented, but needs working on }

- Rubble { currently not implemented** }

- Landslides { currently not implemented* }

Buildings:

- Power Path (Building) { implemented, but needs working on }

- Power Path (Individual) { implemented, but needs working on }

- Tool Store { implemented }

- Teleport Pad { implemented, but needs working on }

- Power Station { implemented }

- Other Buildings (beyond Power Station) { currently not implemented* }

Misc:

- Notifications (e.g. "A Landslide has Occured", etc) { currently not implemented }

- Rock Monsters { currently not implemented*** }

- Slimey Slugs { currently not implemented*** }

- Bats { currently not implemented*** }

- Mission Win/Fail state { currently not implemented }

- ALANDSLIDEHASOCCURED

* - Probably won't be included in later/final versions

** - Requires Command Block knowledge I don't have

*** - Requires Mob configuration (so that certain mobs can spawn in the dark caves but not all)

I'm afraid I don't have any pictures on me either, but I'll try to get some up later.

Any feedback or criticisim regarding this idea/concept is welcomed.

(=)<-<

- Ben24x7 -

• Like 1

I don't have much to say on it at this point.

Well, saying anything is better than nothing. :P

I'm moving onto editing the video, hopefully it'll come out sometime today.

Because the upload of the Demonstration Video regarding the Prototype is going at snail's pace, I ran off to snap some pictures of the prototype as it is now;

UGnmblK.png

RitN6Qv.png

pOIeuZL.png

oDJ7SbG.png

CxogFNv.png

ahsWS4N.png

I also kinda need some people to help me with designing the TelePort Pad and Power Station, because they look kinda...

SeRv384.png

...meh.

Feel free to make assumptions from these screenshots until the video comes around.

• Like 2

I think it's looking awesome, and I can't wait to see more! :D

I'm not a great designer though so can't really offer help. Although I'd suggest you don't constrain yourself to LEGO's proportions - given that LEGO parts can be much smaller and more detailed in comparison to Minecraft's invariably larger blocks, it would probably be easier to scale up the structures a little. But hey, that may sound silly, it's just an idea.

No texture pack?

Well, that depends. If the "Rock Monster" Iron Golems still look too friendly I'll make a texture pack, but ONLY for the Rock Monsters, nothing else.

But, if you want to when this works out, you could create a texture pack should you wish.

No texture pack?

Well, that depends. If the "Rock Monster" Iron Golems still look too friendly I'll make a texture pack, but ONLY for the Rock Monsters, nothing else.

But, if you want to when this works out, you could create a texture pack should you wish.

Yeah..I always found texture packs great and all, but it's great to get the experience without one. Maybe it's just me..

FINALLY

The video of long upload times, horrible commentary and a short video length of nine minutes, here is me explaining the content involved in the Prototype in its current stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h39vdIfvpwg

List of stuff mentioned in video but shortened;

Tools (Drill, Shovel) and Rock Raider Clothing (Shirt and Trousers)

Diroite(?) = Dirt

Cobblestone = Loose Rock

Stone = Hard Rock (inaccurately mineable with a drill)

Bedrock = Solid Rock

Reinforced Walls

Tool Store

All the Templates for map making

I think now I'll post my updates slightly differently, every time I make a change within a day, there will be a video in regards to the update. Unless I make a video as long as the previous one, where I talk about EVERYTHING, unless I've stopped working on the project, then you won't see anything either for a while or at all.

Anyways, the Power Station has been updated to not only look as good(?) as it's game counterpart but also functions like it!

Here is a video discussing the functionality of Power Station v2;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVhO4tEQD_0

HOW IT WORKS:

The bucket (the Minecart with a Hopper) moves inside the Power Station after being pushed by the player. 

The bucket stops above a Hopper under the tracks and Energy Crystals are let through into the Hopper via an Item Sorting system, meaning that if anything else in the bucket is not an Energy Crystal it won't get accepted but instead will be brought back up for recollection.

The filtered Energy Crystal(s) follow a row of Hoppers until it reaches a chest, where it will be stored for later use.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.