[Experiment] If you were a Boss, what would your attacks be?

Drill Master

Drill Master

This is an experimental thing for an "RRU The Game" (Not official name) that I am creating. I want to know, if you were a game boss, what would your attacks be?

To narrow down the choice range, please follow the guidelines below.

• Limited to 4 Attacks
  • No instant death attacks
  • Status changing attacks Are Allowed (can affect the attacker or yourself. No attacks causing "eternal effects" though a "petrified" effect is allowed."
  • No Insane Skill Changes (Skill changes are allowed like increased speed, but no insane over 9000 increases.)
  • Multiple hit attacks are allowed with the max being 5 hits
  • Double effect attacks are allowed (for instance, damage and paralyze in one attack.)
  • Healing is allowed. No full healing though.
  • Attacks must be original
  • Keep attack descriptions simple for ease of understanding
  • I am only asking for attacks. Additional info may be overlooked.

I think that will cover it for now. If I find the need to change something I will let you know.

Moving on to format.

Please post your attacks using this set format:

Attacks:

Primary:

• [Attack 1 Name] - {Attack 1 effects}
  • [Attack 2 Name] - {Attack 2 effects}

Secondary:

• [Attack 3 Name] - {Attack 3 effects}
  • [Attack 4 Name] - {Attack 4 effects}

Keep the brackets. Choose 2 attacks as Primary and 2 as Secondary.

If you have any questions about a certain attack, please ask.

Attacks:

Primary:

[Crusher Attack] - { One hit = -30, Notification of Crusher location 5 seconds before Impact }

[bomb Attack] - { One hit = -40, 6 seconds to Charge attack, Redirectable (depending on game mechanics }

Boss impacted by bombs = Onto Secondary attacks/defense.

Secondary:

[Laser Wall] - { One hit = -40 plus throwback, manoeuvres slowly }

[Throwback Panels (Defensive)] - { One hit = extreme catapult, damage only from fall damage }

Player pulls Boss from machine/mainframe/chassis = Boss end.

• Like 1

MaelstromIslander

Oh hey this sounds pretty interesting.

I have pretty simple attacks. So there won't be very big descriptions. :P

Attacks:

Primary:

• [buzzsaw Slice] - Attacks in a vertical line. 35 Damage. (Depends on how much health the player has. I'm going with 100)
  • [buzzsaw Slash] - Attacks in a horizontal line. 41 Damage.

Secondary:

• [Maelstrom Bricks] - Purple bricks fall and try to crush the player. 10 damage and paralyzes the player for 5 seconds each.
  • [Maelstrom Armor] - At 50 health Maelstrom energy forms Dark Ronin armor around the boss which gives him 10 protection. (Player's damage is lowered 10%)

Due to my simple attacks, i'm sure i'd be either the second or first boss of a game and ben would probably be the fifth.

• Like 2

Fixed.

I do, however, have a question which I am fairly certain some people may or may not have on their mind;

What's this experiment for? (Or is that to be kept secret?)

• Like 1

MaelstromIslander

Fixed.

I do, however, have a question which I am fairly certain some people may or may not have on their mind;

For fun, or DM's making a game. Probably both (And i hope so.)

• Like 1

Drill Master

Fixed.

It's for my own curiosity.

Okay then.

Okay then.

:P

but really, why are member sending up with their posts repeating itself, did they press the "Add Reply" button once too many?

• Like 1

Astro-Space-Guy

If i were to have a boss battle, i'd be on an unreachable platform with an organ piano launching projectiles or opening doors letting out enemies, and etc. So that's an example of my attacks, so heres the names.

Attacks:

Primary:

[Organ Pipe Missiles] When first fired, it leaves a large red 'X' on the ground marking where it will fall. Dealing a large area of 54 damage. (Note: each note from the organ launches a missile)

[Cane Swipe] Deals 67 damage.

Secondary:

[stampede Of Vermin] Gates on both sides of the room open and a massive stampede of rats run around the room, slowing the opponent for 50 seconds. (Which is the same duration of the stampede)

[Poison Grenades] (Look like tiny bombs)  Poisons the opponent for 5 seconds. Dealing 12 damage per second.

I would also like to note that the platform is closed by an iron gate which can be destroyed by any weapon the opponent has, which then begins a face-to-face boss battle. I also wouldn't be using my astronaut avatar, i'd be my plague doctor avatar :P) So yeah, that's all. I'd might be the 7th or 5th boss based on my attacks. Oh, and upon defeat, i would praise the opponent for his victory upon me defeat, jump up and stand on my cane like you would with a pogo-stick and bounce out the battle zone. And i would like to point out "ONE MORE THING", i want my boss theme to be inspired by this strongly. http://virt.bandcamp.com/track/the-science-wizard-explodatorium

• Like 1

Jimboss

Attacks:

Primary:

• [Orange Transparent Chainsaw] - {Slice the opponent, dealing five successive attacks - each hit increases in damage}
  • [Vera] - {Standard ranged weapon, successful kills with this gun grant a temporary morale boost}

Secondary:

• [Fly Swatter] - {Momentarily stun the opponent and deal minor damage with this massive fly swatter}
  • [Trapped Gas] - {Release a pungent cloud so thick that it temporarily blinds all surrounding opponents}

Shinies to anyone who gets the Vera reference.

• Like 2

The Ace Railgun

Primary:

• [Railgun] - {3 hit attack that temporarily stuns the target}
  • [Feedback] - {A blast of electromagnetic energy that temporarily stuns the target and does 1 damage}

Secondary:

• [High kick] - {A one hit attack}
  • [sandwich] - {Heals 40% of health}
  • Like 1

someswedish

Attacks:

Primary:

• [Flaming Metal] - Weapon is set on fire, which grants a chance to burn enemies upon hit.
  • [Fire Dart] - Spits small but rapid fireballs at target. spits up to 3-5 fireballs.

Secondary:

• [Elemental Roulette] - Summons a random elemental that spreads around the battleground, dealing damage to enemies.
  • [Experimental Alchemy] - Throws a glowing bottle towards the enemy feet which releases a gas cloud that grant a random status effect or buff (can be positive or negative)
  • Like 2

Attacks:

Primary:

• [Ominously Destructive Wind] - {A strong gust of wind carrying loads of debris which deals 30 damage. 50% chance of a miss.}
  • [The Stomping Wognif] - A melee attack that causes the ground to shake. Deals 20 damage within a considerable radius.} (Is that allowed? I may change it.)

Secondary:

• [Electric Sword] - {The user pulls out a sword fused with electricity. Does 15 damage and stuns for 5 seconds.}
  • [Wognif's Short Fuse] - {The user's attack momentarily increases by 10 for about  45 seconds.}
  • Like 1

Attacks:

Primary:

• [blunder Buster] - {Fire a cannon that launches assorted debris}
  • [Deploy!] - {Teleport in a small offensive drone}
Secondary:
  • [STMRM-2] - {Fire a pair of missiles that arc lightning between the resulting contrails}
  • [OUT OF MY WAY!] - {Raise a destructive energy shield and rush in a direction}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKRngIDQsms

• Like 1

Attacks:

Primary:

• [shout] - {A powerful shout that stuns your enemy temprarily.}
  • [Lightning Strike] - A powerful bolt of lightning that can distract your enemy.}

Secondary:

• [boulder Bash] - {Send down a powerful force of boulders to your enemy!}
  • [Grip] - {Allows you to grip your enemy and deal a forceful blow to change the tide!.}

Hmmmm....

Primary:

[shout] A powerful shout that stuns your enemy temporarily

[Lightning Strike] A powerful bolt of lightning that can distract your enemy and give time for a quick escape!

Secondary:

[boulder Bash] Send down a powerful force of boulders to your enemy!

[Grip] Allows you to grip your enemy and deal a forceful blow to change the tide!

The way everything is multi-colored is kinda confusing. Could you please uhm, use the supplied format? It would make things easier to read. (However you don't have to unless Drill Master wants you to.)

Is that a bit better?

Drill Master

@raysfan00 Please use the proper format provided. (you can just copy it from the OP into your post and edit the needed areas.)

Also, I still need more people, and I would like to get all the Moderators, Cirevam, and Grapheme in on this as well.

Astro-Space-Guy

Oh, drill master, i have a a couple of questions. #1 Is this game a sidescroller? you know, like left and right is the only method of movement? east to west? and #2 I have a stage image for you, it's concept art. Simple yet easy to make things out.

Drill Master

1. No this is not a side-scroller game. You will know the game's type when I'm done with it.

I am only asking for attacks. Additional info may be overlooked.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.