Trying to Run Racers on my New Computer

BobaFett2

LEGO Racers worked fine on my old computer. That one ran on Windows 7 and had a built-in disc drive. I bought an external CD drive, since this one didn't come equipped with it.

When I try to run LEGO Racers, a prompt comes up asking me if I want to run the program, but then nothing happens. The drive has worked before (for Pharaoh and Cleopatra, which is almost as old as LEGO Racers). When I look at the properties, it says I have 0 bytes free of 202 MB, which is weird because the computer has 89.3 GB of space left. I set the compatibility mode for setup.exe to "Windows 98/Windows ME" and "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)", but it still does nothing after I indicate that I want to run the program. Any help?

I bought an external CD drive, since this one didn't come equipped with it.

Why not? Also, you could have just bought an internal DVD drive or even put the old drive in the new computer, assuming it's not a laptop.

When I look at the properties, it says I have 0 bytes free of 202 MB, which is weird because the computer has 89.3 GB of space left.

You're looking at the disc's properties...

I set the compatibility mode for setup.exe to "Windows 98/Windows ME" and "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)", but it still does nothing after I indicate that I want to run the program. Any help?

Maybe try running as administrator without any other compatibility options.

Ever-linked alternate installers in my sig save the day... again. :P The fact they are needed is sometimes depressing, you know?

So everything's working, except that Hotep's head is missing (at least on the screens where it shows the boss of each track).. It's not a major issue, but it is strange. Is there a simple fix?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.