Rideable Slimy Slug & Rock Monster not working?

Steveburger

Steveburger

As I'm sure alot of you know, alan has made a rideable slimy slug and rock monster. I have tried to get them working several times, but every time the game crashes.

Loading a random level works, but then when I click on the Small Vehicles icon, the menu disappears. Instead of having the small vehicles come up, the game freezes, and, after a few seconds, crashes. I did everything exactly how the download said, and put the DrivingSlug folder into DataVehicles. Yet the game still crashes. Someone help?

I'll probably be making a lot of posts, so try not to get annoyed.

Do you have a screenshot of what the menu looks like when you click the Small Vehicles button? I don't think I've ever seen the menu disappear completely.

I know that my rideable slug was not intended to be teleported down as it does not have an animation to do that, so I'd expect it to crash the game if you changed its CFG entry to be usable by a teleporter. I'd really like to see what you did in more detail.

Steveburger

That's not what I meant. Once the slug is installed, I click on the Small vehicles button. Y'know how the icons slide off the screen, and then the small vehicle icons come out? Well, the icons slid off the screen, but the small vehicle icons don't come out. Instead, the icons stay off the screen. Then my game freezes, and after a few seconds, it crashes.

Okay, that's a much different problem. Can you link me to the mod you downloaded? You said you installed alan's slug mod, but I made one before he was ever a member, so I'm not sure if there's another one out there.

I'll take a look at the rock monster one too, if you can link that to me as well.

I can report with confidence that something is wrong with the Slimy Slug mod. It crashes on the first loading screen. This indicates that the game is trying to load an invalid model (unlikely since he's using existing models), the game is trying to load a missing or invalid texture (the only new one is the menu button; I replaced it with a known good image and it still crashed), or the CFG has an improperly-formatted like (most likely).

I will do more work figuring out which lines in the CFG are invalid. Everything in the Lego_Additional.cfg file appears correct, and alan obviously got it to work on his computer, so I'm thinking that I made an error when pasting stuff into the CFG. I'm doing this on a nearly vanilla install so it's not like there are file conflicts.

• Like 1

Steveburger

For me, the game only crashed when I click on the Small Vehicles icon. In the Lego_Additional.cfg, there was one line that was about 20-30 lines off from where you're actually supposed to paste it. I pasted it in the correct place.

YET IT STILL CRASHES.

I am so confused as to why it crashes only when i click on Small Vehicles.

BTW, here's a list of the mods I have:

Tunnel Transport   Karsie's Overhaul v1.6.5    Debug Keys    Borg Raiders    High Poly Energy Crystals    High Poly All Buildings    Unlock All Levels

Training Cave custom map    Bad Conditions custom map     I laserbeam bolt I modified myself

I don't think there are any conflicts here, but I'm not sure.

Steveburger

Cirevam, I may sound like an idiot because I'm not very experienced at modifying the Lego.cfg, but in all honesty, I think this may be the problem.

The first line in the Lego_Additional.cfg reads:

DrivingSlug               VehiclesDrivingSlugslug.bmp:VehiclesDrivingSlugNslug.bmp:VehiclesDrivingSlugPslug.bmp:KEY_TWO

At the end it says KEY_TWO. Right? But another vehicle in that section (Hoverboard) already says KEY_TWO at the end:

Hoverboard               InterfaceIconshoverboard.bmp:InterfaceIconsNhoverboard.bmp:InterfaceIconsPhoverboard.bmp:KEY_TWO

I don't know how to fix this, so that's why I'm posting it here. I don't even know what KEY_TWO means.  :satisfied:

This may be stupid and a billion miles from the right answer, but please let me know if I'm right.

I'm really sorry that I didn't answer myself. Haven't looked into the forum for a while.

I will have a closer look at it. My game is modified so hard that I might have missed something. I try it myself on a fresh install and see what I get from there.

there was one line that was about 20-30 lines off from where you're actually supposed to paste it. I pasted it in the correct place.

The lines I named were only meant for orientation. My CFG is a lot longer than the original one so the lines are not the same. And because you also installed several mods your lines are different, too.

I don't think that the KEY_TWO thingy is the reason for the game to crash. AFAIK these statements aren't even used ingame (so this is another thing the developers might have planned but cut out in the end). I guess there should have been keyboard shortcuts for the menus.

Steveburger

Thanks, alan. I triple-checked my Lego.cfg and yes, the lines were in a different place, but I pasted everything where it seemed to go, and it still crashes.

Just don't know :/

I'll see what I can do.
I'm currently wondering why my horribly modified LRR works all fine while a vanilla version crashes at loading any save game. Normally it's the other way round.  8S

Anyway I first try to find to mistake without the vanilla version.

To make sure everything is at its proper place in the CFG I'll rewrite tht tutorial of the Lego-Additional.cfg (now for the slug):

The part

DrivingSlug                 VehiclesDrivingSlugslug.bmp:VehiclesDrivingSlugNslug.bmp:VehiclesDrivingSlugPslug.bmp:KEY_TWO

must be written in the 

InterfaceBuildImages { ... } section

The part

!ObjSFX_DrivingSlug              SoundsVoicesCharacterNamesslimyslug

must be written in the 

Samples { ... } section

The part

DrivingSlug          Slimy_Slug                                 I SEE A MISTAKE HERE! IN THE DOWNLOAD FILES IT SAYS Slimy Slug (with a space, not a '_') That might be the reason why it worked on my computer (because I named it "Schleimschnecke" there, the german word for Slimy Slug)

in

ObjectNames { ... }

The part

DrivingSlug          The_Slimy_Slug

in 

ObjectTheNames { ... }

The part

DrivingSlug           VehiclesDrivingSlug

in

VehicleTypes { ... }

The big part in

Stats { ... }

The part

DrivingSlug               ObjSFX_Slug

in

ObjTtSFXs { ... }

The part

AlwaysCheck:DrivingSlug                Pilot:0,ToolStation:1,TeleportPad:1,PowerStation:1,Barracks:0

in

Dependencies { ... }

So I now tested the Slimy Slug on a vanilla version (got it to work. just forgot some files) and it worked fine when I corrected the Slimy_Slug-naming mistake. I only saw that the Rock Raider sitting on the slug does not ride it. It is just a simple idle animation (or just the RR's model without animation). So it is working although one animation is missing (you can find that animation in the Mini-Figures/Pilot/ folder... but before we do that I would like to see if it works for you as well).

Now testing the Tamed Rock Monster...

The Rock Monster works fine following the installation instructions along the lines of the Slimy Slug above (which are a little more accurate than the ones I have written in the downloads).

Edit: Maybe some sound files or references to other files in the cfg are different in english. Maybe the sound files are named differently but I cannot check that because I can only install in german and french (never used the latter... hate french language).

Hmm... that's weird. I tried both on a vanilla version and it worked pretty well. Maybe some other mods you installed are incompatible with my mods. Maybe the overhaul doesn't like it. You should try to get the Slimy Slug and Rock Monster to work on a fresh install as well. I guess it is working then.

Steveburger

YES!!! IT WORKS!!! I don't know what was wrong, but I got another vanilla install and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!! fanboy fanboy fanboy xD

I figured out what was wrong. It was the Tunnel Transport mod that added another Dependencies section in the Lego.cfg.

I tried changing it so that the AlwaysCheck parts of the slug and monster were in the other Dependencies section, but the TT screwed up the code.

Btw, I got the monster and the slug working :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.