How to get the large spider on PC?

Steveburger

Steveburger

Okay, so I've been interested in getting the large spider in the PC game for days, but I don't know how to do that. I'm already set up for modding with the DATA method, so I don't need to know how to do anything else. Someone please reply.  :af: 

What large spider? Also if you're talking about adding a new creature, you'll need to have experience in 3D modelling as well as the software to do it, if you don't already.

Steveburger

What large spider? Also if you're talking about adding a new creature, you'll need to have experience in 3D modelling as well as the software to do it, if you don't already.

There's a large spider on the PS1 version of RR. People say that the files for the large spider are already in the game files, but I can't seem to find them. Cirevam even said in one of his walkthroughs that he might add it. The large spider does damage to buildings, too, and I want to make RR more difficult.

Ah, I haven't played the PS1 version so wouldn't know. According to tcrf:

A very low-polygon enemy composed mostly of flat sheets. There are only three animations for it: standing, walking and an incomplete spitting animation. It appears it was supposed to crawl around and shoot webs. While it can be re-activated, the spit model is corrupted, and the function to form webs was never coded in. It was used in the PS1 version, however.

So it seems that if you want to make it aggressive you'll need to create some animations yourself. I wouldn't know where to look, but hopefully someone else with more knowledge can help you out, assuming that animating/coding the spider isn't a problem.

First, you'll want to look at this old topic: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Now to dig into the files a bit. This is the Spider's AE file (Spider is the CFG name):

Lego* {

Scale                1.0

Activities {
        Activity_Stand                    Stand
        Activity_Route                    Walk
    }

Walk {
        FILE        SpiderWalk
        TRANSCOEF    0.0
        LWSFILE        TRUE
    }

Stand {
        FILE        SpiderStand
        TRANSCOEF    0.0
        LWSFILE        TRUE
    }
}

The spit animation is not corrupt, it's simply never called (webs exist too, use debug key H in a one-block-wide tunnel). It will need a Repair activity in order to attack buildings directly:

Repair {
        FILE            SpiderSpit
        TRANSCOEF        0.0
        LWSFILE        TRUE
        TRIGGER        14
    }

Physical attacks work by repairing for negative health. Add the line "RepairValue            -10.0" to the Spider's CFG so it will do damage, but the default seems to be -10 anyways. It will only be capable of attacking buildings and vehicles, so your raiders don't have to worry. You'll need to add a ThrowMan activity and edit the animations a bit so it can detect raiders, but Pilots (CFG name for Rock Raiders) only have one "picked up by monster" animation, so the spider will have to match that one or you'll have to change every other monster so all of the animations match. It's probably not feasible.

The trigger is the frame of the animation when the attack will actually happen. In this case, 14 looks about right. Please note that monster AI is really weird in terms of attacking. Rock monsters need to have the various boulder activities turned on in order for them to behave normally. I don't know if the same applies for other creatures.

Edit: Oh yeah, they won't die unless you add a Crumble activity. There are CFG changes needed to support that as well, but the topic I linked covers those. Just add the activity and link any of the existing animations to it.

Hopefully this is enough to get you started.

• Like 1

Steveburger

Thanks. Thought you were dead. :P Haven't posted anything in months. Not saying I'm begging for more.

BTW Lava Laughter was funny, how do you compare Energy Crystals to roast beef?

I'm not dead, just frustrated with LRR not letting me do certain things, like competent monster AI or animated textures. I've been getting the itch to continue modding work again soon, but there's so much to do first.

You'll have to remind me where I talked about roast beef in Lava Laughter. I remember mentioning it but not when.

Steveburger

In Lava Laughter, (in case you don't remember) there is a cache of energy crystals to the north of the base. You said that Lava Laughter was actually Martin's, and there was a sale on roast beef (50% off).

You said the sleeping lava monsters were the angry customers that were in line first, and that Small Transport Trucks were your jet-engine double-bucket shopping carts.

You'll have to rewatch your own video. :satisfied:

Also, in the .ae you would have noticed something called "Scale." It... scales... whatever it is.  l405G.jpg 1.8 works fine for me to get Large Spiders, as I think 1.0 is only really "medium" spiders. l405G.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.