LEGO Ninjago VR Demo

lol username

lol username

EDIT: Checked out their website. Thank goodness we finally have LEGO for men. I was getting sick and tired of women enjoying LEGO sets I also enjoyed. These complex, technical models are clearly well beyond anything a woman could understand, let alone appreciate.

:|

Noticed this URL in the videos... http://legomen.de/

rollaway.gif

It's amazing I haven't seen this thrown around in online debates about LEGO and gender stereotyping yet. It's almost hilarious how "manly" it's trying to be.

• Like 3

Oh yeah, I remember hearing about this VR thingy nearer the toy fair itself, mainly because it provided us with one of the finest images from the event:

16195104880_178a974268_z.jpg

:P

Other than that, it's pretty interesting to see TLG get back into the VR game after that Project Darwin stuff back in the 90's. I wonder if we'll see more of this in the future from TLG?

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
lol username

I told prof to post this here but he didn't so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://fuelnewmedia.com/portfolio/lego-ninjago-virtual-reality-produktpraesentation/

Behind the scenes video and stuff. Here's the description run through google translate:

How do we manage the trade visitors the Toy Fair in Nuremberg to inspire journalists at a press conference and children alike, and in the shortest possible time from the new LEGO Ninjago focus products?

We develop an installation that advanced VR technology with effects for sensory feedback combined (body transducer and fan). So we put the visitor in seconds in the world of LEGO Ninjago and let him be a part of it. Accompanied by Spinjitzu Master Sensei Wu he experiences exciting adventures in his first kite flying.

For the press conference, we developed a special, mobile VR solution that allows to enable a large group of journalists at the same time this experience.

(And for those unfamiliar with it, that's the Unity editor they're using in some shots, so now we know what it runs on)

• Like 2

Dazzgracefulmoon

unity is pretty common for experimental VR demos, so I'm not surprised that it's running on that

but I can't wait for plasticine anime VR

origamihero

30 years ago we just had building blocks and we had to use our imagination.

10 years ago we had computers to look at other people and what they built

5 years ago we had an MMO where you could build with other people (with a price)

now we have flippin virtual reality where we will leave the real world and be teleported into world of virtual fun….                                   and never come back

Starrocks923

I was going to comment on how the Reddit thread was a year old, but then I noticed the OP was a year old. Then I was going to comment that someone revived a dead topic, but then I realized it was Terrev...:af:

The safety warning says it's only for 13 and under, so I can't imagine this being marketed to Ninjago's target audience. That said, I'd be interested in giving the game a try if I could ever afford a VR headset, but I'm still unemployed...

And yes, more proof that anyone who works on anything approved by the LEGO company has to put LEGO Minifigures on their desk.:E

Fluffy Cupcake
1 hour ago, Starrocks923 said:

Then I was going to comment that someone revived a dead topic, but then I realized it was Terrev...:af:

So who it is warrants who and who doesn't get backlash for reviving? Sir, I don't think that's how things work around here.

More VR demo-y things, weee! As cool as VR is, I think I'll consider waiting a few more years before I consider getting a VR, and not just because price.

• Like 1

lol username
4 hours ago, Starrocks923 said:

I was going to comment on how the Reddit thread was a year old, but then I noticed the OP was a year old. Then I was going to comment that someone revived a dead topic, but then I realized it was Terrev...:af:

You seem unaware that anybody can post in topics of any age here so long as it's actually contributing something to the topic. This isn't BZPower.

3 hours ago, Xiron said:

getting a VR

lol, "a VR"

Starrocks923
21 hours ago, Terrev said:

You seem unaware that anybody can post in topics of any age here so long as it's actually contributing something to the topic. This isn't BZPower.

Oh, I see now! Honestly, that makes more sense to me than locking a topic because a post was made more than two months after the last post. Very well; consider me newly enlightened then.:thumbsup:

On 5/13/2016 at 1:47 PM, Xiron said:

More VR demo-y things, weee! As cool as VR is, I think I'll consider waiting a few more years before I consider getting a VR, and not just because price.

Same. I'd need more reason than a LEGO VR game to buy a headset myself, and I'm slowly getting tired of video games anyways. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.