Minecraft (Vanilla) - Working TARDIS

Jimbob

I've been working on a little project on my private Minecraft Survival server, having watched and very much enjoyed the latest series of Doctor Who. I'm not sure how many others exist out there, but I've managed to build a working TARDIS on Vanilla Minecraft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajy2D7VfAQk

It's still very much under construction, but the fundamental teleportation mechanic is there. I plan to add various rooms seen in the show and through various other Doctor Who media. Rather than type everything up again, I'll just copy over my description from the YouTube video:

This is a working TARDIS I have been building on my server. It is a Vanilla server, so no mods have been used here other than a client-side shaders mod (which has no effect on the TARDIS and is visual only) and a small TARDIS texture pack which adds sounds, music and changes two block textures for use as the TARDIS exterior.

The workings of this machine require a fair amount of redstone and command blocks. Perhaps when I have added more to the TARDIS I will show them...

I also show the library near the beginning. As with the rest of the TARDIS, this is still under construction, but it's mostly done. This part of the TARDIS, along with the hallways, used standard Minecraft copy commands in their construction. Everything else was built in Creative mode on the server - no third-party tools were used. The areas outside the TARDIS are on my Survival server and hence were made in Survival mode.

This TARDIS will certainly make travel between my friends' and my own distant structures a lot faster (and much more interesting)!

One teeny weeny little problem: it needs to be bigger on the inside. :P

Say wha? :P

I did have a little struggle with deciding on the right dimensions, but the size I settled on I'm pretty happy with. Besides, the redstone behind it is too extreme now to change it.

This is really neat!

I do have questions, but mainly regarding the recording, so there is no point for me asking questions unrelated to the main point.

Fluffy Cupcake

and a small TARDIS texture pack which adds sounds, music and changes two block textures for use as the TARDIS exterior.

Texture pack? Oh that is so outdated. Now days we call them resource packs. =P

Which does makes sense since packs can contain more than textures now.

What is the resource pack you modified anyhow?

This is really neat!

I do have questions, but mainly regarding the recording, so there is no point for me asking questions unrelated to the main point.

Responded to your PM. :thumbsup:

and a small TARDIS texture pack which adds sounds, music and changes two block textures for use as the TARDIS exterior.

Texture pack? Oh that is so outdated. Now days we call them resource packs. =P

Which does makes sense since packs can contain more than textures now.

What is the resource pack you modified anyhow?

Oh yes, my mistake, I should have known that considering I made sounds and music in it too.

The resource pack in the video is Sphax, but I've added a TARDIS resource pack of my own creation on top. It uses a roof which I modelled myself along with textures, sound effects (e.g. teleportation) and the music tracks, but it operates fine if you don't have the resource pack. I would like to share it but I'm pretty sure I'd have to get permission from the various different creators of the assets I used, and certainly I wouldn't be able to add the music in. :/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.