Hello to all!

J Reggie

I've made a few posts on RRU, but I decided I would introduce myself here before becoming more active.  I'm really excited to become part of this community; amazing work is being done here.  That being said, I know next to nothing about programming and computers.  My area of expertise is music and sound (as I am currently a music composition major in college), so I hope to use that to contribute to this community.  

I have just started on a large project which I have been wanting to do for a long time.  I was a big fan of the music in Lego Racers as a kid, and have recently been working on a multi-faceted project involving it.  My first goal is to create transcriptions of each of the .TUN files, replicating every note.  Then, I will create playable piano reductions (for solo piano) of each piece.  I also will try to create arrangements for the full instrumentation of each piece.  My final goal is to make a version of each of the files using high-quality samples, so that higher-quality (in instruments, not in sample rate) music can be used in Lego Racers.  

I have no idea how long this will take, but I have been meaning to do this for a long time, so I definitely will go through with it.  If people are interested, I would like to keep you all posted on my progress.  What is the best way for me to do that?  Should I create a new topic in the Lego Racers discussion?  Is there an external site which I should host my files on so as not to clog up the bandwidth/resources of this site?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

I look forward to interacting with you all in months to come,

--J Â®eggie

• Like 3

Hey, J Reggie. I'm one of the few composers here, along with Drill Master, and now you. Welcome! Your projects sounds interesting, can't wait to see it finished. :) You definitely should make a post in the LEGO Racers forum for that. About uploading stuff, our uploader should do well.

Hullo lad! Welcome tae the home awf the insane rrrochk raiders! Enjoy yer' stay, laddie, that is if it hopefully lasts long.

*Extreme coughing* ...alright-- *cough* --that's enough of a Scottish "accent".

Fluffy Cupcake

Hey hey, welcome to RRU! Here, have one of my welcome waffles! :wffl:

Your project sounds interesting for sure, I'd like to be kept up to date with it.

Welcome to our forum J Reggie. Due to a malfunction causing many of the musical instruments to revolt, slaughtering much of RRU's music department in the process, we are a little short of musical and sound talent in contrast to modding and programming capabilities. If you can lend a hand in sorting out the pandemonium, we'd be very grateful! On that note, as Shadowblaze said, you should probably post your music mod progress in the Modding Discussion subforum of LEGO Racers. Or alternatively you could post it in Member Projects, if you anticipate it taking a long time.

So, what's there to explore in RRU? Well, we have a whole bunch of extremely incredibly >awesome >places >to visit, to name but a few, >and >a >few more for >luck. However, as with all things in this world, there is also a >darker >side >to >this >strange >place. By all means explore our tower, just... Take care to avoid some of the floors we deliberately sealed off for a reason.

hen, I will create playable piano reductions (for solo piano) of each piece.

ooh goody

If people are interested, I would like to keep you all posted on my progress. What is the best way for me to do that? Should I create a new topic in the Lego Racers discussion? Is there an external site which I should host my files on so as not to clog up the bandwidth/resources of this site?

Stuff it wherever you like is the general gist of what I'd think. l405G.jpg If you're looking for site hosting, you probably can use RRU: just grab an admin (I have a feeling our current one will change his name again shortly l405G.jpg) by whatever means you deem suitable even by the collar and ask whether he's fine with it.

If he isn't, well, the choice is yours. l405G.jpg

That being said, I know next to nothing about programming and computers.

le717! We've got a student for ya! l405G.jpg

Oh right, welcome to RRU. I should have said that earlier.... l405G.jpg

Oh, and if you're wondering what the tongue smiley is that I'm using, it's the old tongue and it's... *checks room for hidden observers* better than the old one... l405G.jpg

EDIT: OH WOW SIZE 8 IS MASSIVE

Howdy Reggie, welcome to RRU! You're a musician, huh? Good, we are in short supply of those here. :P I look forward to your recreations. :)

As @aidenpons has (rightly) already suggested, I am one of those most unfortunate people known as a programmer. I have done my best to get aiden here to learn Python, but he has been Scratching his heels toward my proposition. I'm highly busy right now, and cannot really teach anybody programming, if you'd like to test the waters I would be happy to send you risk free my personal getting starting with programming plan free of charge to help test the waters. If you don't like it, just stop. You get to keep the materials and the knowledge you acquired. :P

Oh, and if you're wondering what the tongue smiley is that I'm using, it's the old tongue and it's... *checks room for hidden observers* better than the old one...

Too late, I already observed it. :P

EDIT: OH WOW SIZE 8 IS MASSIVE

Oh but ain't it?

Hey there, Reggie! Glad to see another composer on this site!

I'm Drill Master, and as Shadowblaze said, I am also a composer. Welcome to the team!

You have a lot of good plans going on there. Can't wait to see them through. I might have to pick up a few of those piano sheets when your done. ;)

Do you have a YouTube channel? I'd love to hear your work.

Thank you all for the welcome!  I think what makes the most sense for me is to post all of my updates in a member project, and then post in the LR modding discussion when I have something that can be added into the game.  Just as a clarification, I know that double-posting is discouraged in discussions, but am I allowed to post in a member project whenever I have a new update, or should I simply add to my original post when I have more material?  

le717, thanks for the offer, but I am also rather busy right now, so I don't think now would be a great time for me to try to get started with programming.

And Drill Master, I have a YouTube channel, but that's mostly older stuff.  I have more of my recent music on my Soundcloud.  

(Also, how do you make it so that someone's name links to their profile in a post?  I wasn't able to find that in the help topics.) Nevermind, as you can see, I figured it out.

• Like 1

Just as a clarification, I know that double-posting is discouraged in discussions, but am I allowed to post in a member project whenever I have a new update, or should I simply add to my original post when I have more material?

Basically double posting is generally allowed if you've actually got something new and something good.

Regarding making name links (which I know you figured out): you might have found out that next to the Shoutbox options on the main page, there's also "BBCode." The stuff in there applies to every bit of text on RRU, except status updates (where there is a... workaround. l405G.jpg)

Hello there R Jeggie  eiggeJ R  J Reggie, and welcome to the weird and even more weird I MEAN WONDERFUL world of Rock Raiders United! As you've probably found out there are a couple of composers making dem sick tun3z 'b0ut d3m l3g0 gam3z innit music so you should fit in well here... :P

Oh, and I'm Ayliffe. Hello. :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.