Baz's Mod "run The Gauntlet" Question

Antillies

Hi all,

Firstly let me say that I was so very excited when I happened upon your guys' site. I loved playing Rock Raiders as a kid and I was always wanting a sequel. Baz's Mod satisfied this desire for the most part ;-)

Ok, so I'm having a bit of trouble finishing "Run the Gauntlet" in Baz's Mod. For some reason I can't get access to the cavern in the left most bottom corner even when I've drilled every drillable wall. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!

Ah yes, you have stumbled upon the first of the impossible levels. As seen here in a picture of it opened in the level editor, it is impossible to get through, as solid rock is covered around the entire cavern.

rtgimpossibleinrre.png

Baz is aware of this problem himself, but as he is no longer working on this mod, it will most likely stay impossible. :|

Good to see people doing Baz's mod though. I look forward to hearing if you can finish it completely. (The last few levels were buggy for me.)

Ah yes, you have stumbled upon the first of the impossible levels. As seen here in a picture of it opened in the level editor, it is impossible to get through, as solid rock is covered around the entire cavern.

Baz is aware of this problem himself, but as he is no longer working on this mod, it will most likely stay impossible. :|

Good to see people doing Baz's mod though. I look forward to hearing if you can finish it completely. (The last few levels were buggy for me.)

Using good 'ol faithful 0.4 :D

Yes I I was stumped a bit too until I figured out that it was impossible.

BTW: Welcome to the forum.

Ok, yeah, I figured because it was surrounded by Solid Rock it was inaccessable. Just wanted to check in case I was missing something totally unusual. Thanks for your help!

If you dont want to just win the level, use the numpad 3 key to kill the rock there. Otherwise, just use Ctrl s to win.

Those are the debug keys btw. to enable them, go in the cfg, find debug keys, and set it to true.

Those are the debug keys btw. to enable them, go in the cfg, find debug keys, and set it to true.

Or, simpler, add the "-debug" option to the launcher (right-click on desktop icon for RR> Properties>Launcher, then find the bit where it says "-best" and add "-debug" at the end)

Nice ideas. However, I just passed it by since it wasn't essential in unlocking other missions. Made it to the last two missions before Rocky Horror and decided to call it quits. The sheer amount of Slimey Slug holes near your base (at least 4) made me dedicate at least half of my work force to security detail and they continued to get distracted by the Rock Monsters that spawned. A fun play regardless, but the difficaulty on those last couple was more than I wanted to deal with as the causual player that I am. Over all, it was certainly more challenging than the original.

• 1 month later...

i jest made mining lazors around the slug holes that attacked base other then bonus missions and some of the end game stuff i personaly found baz's mod kinda easy its still harder then the first but its basicly jest a larger amount of crystal and higher defence on monters

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.