Gyrate (Game) - Early Demo

Cyrem

Gyrovity

Here is a game i've been working on for mobile devices. The game is based around reaction and movement as you will find out if you try the demo.

Screenie

ung_screenie.png

Controls

Finger/Mouse

[P] (Or tap the hole in the middle) = Pause

What To Do

Pretty much you just need to turn the ring with the hole on one side so that the dots can pass through to the center. If the 3 dots hit the ring, game over. Ring decreases in size repeatedly and the game gets faster until you can't keep up.

Other

The game goes through colour phases, there are only 3 at the moment but there will be more later. If you're wondering why the outest circle is flickering in size, its meant to add immersion when combined with the game's music (which there is no sound in this demo as I haven't got a license for the music yet). I have a few ideas for some different modes, one of them being 'Imposter' which spawns multiple, but one is fake and you have to collect the correct one. "Dual Rings" which as it sounds, you have to move two rings instead, "Rave" every dot changes the colour theme, at speed, should be difficult to concentrate, "Lander" the ring turns while you trigger the dots to move towards the ring and if your timing is right, you'll make it through . Menu is obviously not in the game at this time and I do intend to add leaderboard intergration. 

Downloads

(Ignore version numbers)

Android APK

Windows EXE

Enjoy?

lLBUAJB.png

First attempt.

I'm not much of a fan of these games, but I do like this one and its concept. Hmm... A name...

How about:

Ringer

Orb Assault

Barrier

I don't know. I'm bad with names.

Anyway, it looks like it has good potential. Can't wait to see the completed version. :)

I'm not much of a fan of these games, but I do like this one and its concept. Hmm... A name...

Anyway, it looks like it has good potential. Can't wait to see the completed version. :)

"Barrier" I do like that, I wonder if it's taken.

Thanks for playing 58 isn't bad, do you think it starts too slow? I don't know whether I've just improved that it feels impossibly slow or if it actually too slow of a start.

EDIT: Yeah that name is taken.

• Like 1

Thanks for playing 58 isn't bad, do you think it starts too slow? I don't know whether I've just improved that it feels impossibly slow or if it actually too slow of a start.

It does seem to start slow, but I think it's because there's no sound yet. Once you have the music and sound set in, it will be more "comfortable" to play, if that makes sense.

Like, there's no sound to give a sense of speed to the game yet and an idea to have the music speed up with the game actions will help too. 

Like, there's no sound to give a sense of speed to the game yet and an idea to have the music speed up with the game actions will help too. 

Thats a really good idea, I think I will do that.

EDIT: I believe I have found a name for it thats not taken, Gyrate.

• Like 1

Perhaps you'll add something connected with space? I mean, these circles might be a planets, while centered thing becomes a black hole. Light purple thing might be a gravity field on which unlucky planets shall stuck and decrement lives.

EDIT: I believe I have found a name for it thats not taken, Gyrate.

Especially for this, I have a bad news I found at Urban Dictionary: http://ru.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gyrate
(Well, I guess it's not very good)

I believe I wrote something useful and informative. :P

Perhaps you'll add something connected with space? I mean, these circles might be a planets, while centered thing becomes a black hole. Light purple thing might be a gravity field on which unlucky planets shall stuck and decrement lives.

Interesting idea, I can see how it could fit in. I guess something like a galaxy mode where the dots spin towards the center hole... I guess adding some sort of challenge in there.

Especially for this, I have a bad news I found at Urban Dictionary: http://ru.urbandicti...php?term=gyrate

Hmmm, gyrate is a proper word though basically with the same meaning of revolve. I'm not too worried about the secondary meaning as there's no sexual tones in this game. Though if someone thinks of something better that isn't taken...

"Gravitation is governed by two fields: the radial gravitation field of steady masses and the so-called gyrotation field, induced by relative mass velocities."

I would say use "Gyrotation" for the name, seeing how it relates to gravity, and the orbs being pulled into a center mass, same as what coffins was saying.

"Gravitation is governed by two fields: the radial gravitation field of steady masses and the so-called gyrotation field, induced by relative mass velocities."

I would say use "Gyrotation" for the name, seeing how it relates to gravity, and the orbs being pulled into a center mass, same as what coffins was saying.

The game currently doesn't use any gravity, just a speed towards the center. However I did some little tests just then and I can change it to some basic gravity to pull them in, instead of a constant speed. It does mean the dots increase in speed towards the center and the difficulty would be increasing the gravity effect on the dot.

I guess I'd be able to use that name with some gravity in the game and could explain the objective as trying to capture planets coming in close proximity (I guess instead of the dots stopping at the ring they can fly past maybe?)

(I guess instead of the dots stopping at the ring they can fly past maybe?)

If centered thing still is a black hole, then it's not possible as I know. However, if object has really huge speed it can save itself from being destroyed by black hole and stucking at gravity field for a certain time (I'm not good at physics, though. I prefer mathematics :P).

But if centered thing is a center of galaxy, then everything is alright I suppose. :P

UPD: I just figured out that game hasn't a pause function. Could you add it?

(I guess instead of the dots stopping at the ring they can fly past maybe?)

If centered thing still is a black hole, then it's not possible as I know. However, if object has really huge speed it can save itself from being destroyed by black hole and stucking at gravity field for a certain time (I'm not good at physics, though. I prefer mathematics :P).

But if centered thing is a center of galaxy, then everything is alright I suppose. :P

UPD: I just figured out that game hasn't a pause function. Could you add it?

Hmm, maybe we'll just skip trying to adapt this to real-life physics.

Re: Pause, it does, hit the center hole. (It's just a make-do, it won't actually be that)

Hmm, maybe we'll just skip trying to adapt this to real-life physics.

Re: Pause, it does, hit the center hole. (It's just a make-do, it won't actually be that)

Maybe. I think that you also may add difficulty levels at this mode (For example, Easy without real-life physics and insane gravity field, while Hard level emulates real-life physics and makes gameplay insane).

By the way, I guess I found kind of bug(?). When I losing all available lives (It's equal to 3, right?) and game stops with 3 circles at ring around centered circle, there anyway appearing 4 circle.

RrjgLFi.png

Mine did the same in my post earlier as you can see with the 3 blue orbs and the green orb.

Oh, I didn't saw it, even though it's first in the thread. Sorry. :P

Maybe. I think that you also may add difficulty levels at this mode (For example, Easy without real-life physics and insane gravity field, while Hard level emulates real-life physics and makes gameplay insane).

By the way, I guess I found kind of bug(?). When I losing all available lives (It's equal to 3, right?) and game stops with 3 circles at ring around centered circle, there anyway appearing 4 circle.

Well, the idea of the increasing gravity is that it starts off easy and slowing increases to the point that you can't handle, essentially, it does all difficulties. The different game modes will obviously present different challenges that will present their own difficulty. I did increase the speed of which the difficulty increases, so getting around 60 is about my level (whereas in this demo I could get about 100), you'll get a feel for it in the next update.

Haha yea that bug, It'll be gone in the next update.

Also RE the name "Gyrotation", I probably can't use it simply as that, it'll probably need to be altered a little.

Also RE the name "Gyrotation", I probably can't use it simply as that, it'll probably need to be altered a little.

GYROTRON!

GYROTOR!

GYROTATO!

GYROTRON!

GYROTOR!

GYROTATO!

I used my modern and useful names gen and what I have... Let me introduce... Gyrovity. :0

P.S. Yep, I'm now a bit addicted to gravity concept.

P.P.S. Only 6 circles to go! Ahh!

27af66af21.png

• 2 weeks later...

Alright I have an update:

Android APK

Windows EXE

Just click on 'Speed'.

It should be about 2/3 times harder, faster, better, strong- okay maybe not this one. If you find difficulty in concentrating, good. If you score around 40 don't feel bad, you're doing pretty well I think.

I'm not sure which name I want to go with:

- Gyrotor ?

- Gyrovity ?

--

yes the 4th ball bug still exists.

• Like 2

Alright I have an update:

Android APK

Windows EXE

Just click on 'Speed'.

It should be about 2/3 times harder, faster, better, strong- okay maybe not this one. If you find difficulty in concentrating, good. If you score around 40 don't feel bad, you're doing pretty well I think.

Wow, looks even better than initial game. :P

I'm not sure which name I want to go with:

- Gyrotor ?

- Gyrovity ?

Depends on the game purpose I guess.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.